Confused about the state of CoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReactionStorm

Apr 20, 2017
Land of Beavers
So I haven't been really keeping up with this site recently, or more like for the past two or more years. I just wanted to know what exactly happened to CoC? I've heard that Fenoxo dropped it and someone picked it up instead... Anyways, if you know about what the whole deal is I'd greatly appreciate you sharing your information.

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
So I haven't been really keeping up with this site recently, or more like for the past two or more years. I just wanted to know what exactly happened to CoC? I've heard that Fenoxo dropped it and someone picked it up instead... Anyways, if you know about what the whole deal is I'd greatly appreciate you sharing your information.
CoC is finished, modders are playing around with it though.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Base unmodded CoC was given ending to main plot line and marked and completed by Devs. Disscussions over this fact made more then few arguments that now cause devs or discord modderators telling it's done.

Mods for CoC are made cuz some of fanbase showed interest in keeping game alive so that seperate matter.

The fact that this is the information being spread around is sad, frankly.

What is sad in this fact you meantioned in your opinion Misty?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Misty CoC orginal one wasn't finished in term of all loop ends been tied up in any way. Main plot was finished whatever people feeling about how it was ended is and dev team rights was to call it completed.

But now you made me fell sad with your reply but I will...live throu it :smuggo:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for clarifying. Appreciate the comments... and it is safe for me to assume that if any of the characters feel "incomplete" it was intended?
No. CoC has plenty of abandonware, and it's restrictive creative control (the original writer has the final say, no matter what) means that it's nearly impossible for writers who might have been interested to tie up loose ends, after the original writer looses interest or just disappears.

ReactionStorm

Apr 20, 2017
Land of Beavers
Seems like both CoC and TiTS are much more complicated than I originally thought, maybe I should look into the writers and artists sometime soon... I have no idea who contributes to these games besides Fen.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Seems like both CoC and TiTS are much more complicated than I originally thought, maybe I should look into the writers and artists sometime soon... I have no idea who contributes to these games besides Fen.
In the TiTS section there is a list of people that take commissions to write for TiTS. That short list will contain the people who make the majority of content in TiTS, besides Fen himself, and his staff, which also aren't on that list. You can also take a look at at the Implimented section of the Events Submissions, which will be the place you'll see all of the content submitted by people who wrote for free, and passed Fen's standards for content.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
CoC was first work of Fen with flash games so it have all the "faults of young period". And for quite a bit content is in state that none can contact they writers and as on permission. Ofc people can try modify it but it may cause this forum (devs) not loook kind at this so such modificated coc would need find other place to stay like 4chan or reddit.

So to be safe never try talk with CoC devs how incomplete CoC is (which is tryth) as it only gonna give you headache :D

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
Fenoxo has labled it as finished, but he never completed more than the main quest and maybe a third of the other 'half-done' content (like ember, for example). While that smarted somewhat, I think he switched to TiTS because it made more money or something, or he got bored. Either way, only ones working on CoC now are modders, god bless them.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Fenoxo has labled it as finished, but he never completed more than the main quest and maybe a third of the other 'half-done' content (like ember, for example). While that smarted somewhat, I think he switched to TiTS because it made more money or something, or he got bored. Either way, only ones working on CoC now are modders, god bless them.

Based on what I've heard, the decision to start a new game had more to do with the fact that the code in CoC was just very difficult to work with. Older, not put together in a way that was streamlined or conductive to adding new aspects, that sort of thing. I believe the issues with chrome's plans to stop supporting flash may have also been an aspect, but that's really just speculation on my part.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Actually, the reasons are described above and all that "half-done" content wasn't written by Fenoxo and, in fact, was taken up by various other writers in the game's like three some odd year life span that came and went.

Good job tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.