Confused about Kitsune quest order

cimds

Dec 16, 2021
I'm pretty sure the kitsune den is part of the main quest, so I can't do anything after it until I've completed it. But it's also related to Kiyoko, who takes a very long time to progress. Is this a point of no return for Kiyoko and/or Kinu's content, where doing the den quest gets them out of the orb? Because Kinu's events altogether are novella-length, and only have a chance of progressing every time I sleep, I'd rather not have to do all of them before I continue the main quest. Waiting through weeks of ingame time just for sleep events is just awkward. so I prefer to space the events out while doing other quests during the day. But I've almost run out of sidequests to do and I've still only seen two Kinu choice events. Kiyoko is just awkward. I'm certain I will never do her scenes enough times to get her to nine tails, but I would hate to lock out the possibility forever on a save file just by letting her out of the orb.

Anyway, I just want to know if Kinu's quest is failed if you don't finish it before completing the kitsune den quest, and to a lesser extent if I can still theoretically get Kiyoko nine tails after she's out of the orb.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I'm pretty sure the kitsune den is part of the main quest, so I can't do anything after it until I've completed it
Wrong, it's a completely optional side area.

Is this a point of no return for Kiyoko and/or Kinu's content, where doing the den quest gets them out of the orb?
No.

I'm certain I will never do her scenes enough times to get her to nine tails, but I would hate to lock out the possibility forever on a save file just by letting her out of the orb.
You can get her to 9 tails after she's freed.