Condensol/Easy-Fit Button for Size Locks?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I've been thinking this a while, and seeing a few comments on the latest blog post confirmed for me that I'm not the only one thinking this, but I think we should have a little button to use Condensol or Easy-Fit on sex menus so that we can shrink our dicks or increase capacity on the spot if we have the items on hand.

There wouldn't be a need for extra description in any scenes because the button would just be there for usage and give a usage message before looping us back to the sex menu. Would be especially great for one-off sex scenes like Maike so we don't have to reload if we want to, say, buttfuck but can't fit at normal size.

Last edited:
A

Athena

For condensol, I think it might be possible if it's just a button on the sex menu, giving you a blurb before going to the transformative text, and then looping back to the sex menu. I'm not sure about Easy-fit, since that might require more writing, but if it's only for one-off encounters, that's at least not as much work as if it had to be added to every NPC.

Both of these would have to added to the sex menus of each character individually, mind you, but at the very least:

Fenoxo said:
You’re welcome to write new paragraphs for every sex scene for smearing on creams.

Assuming this isn't rhetorical, I suppose it's possible if someone wants to do the work...

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
For condensol, I think it might be possible if it's just a button on the sex menu, giving you a blurb before going to the transformative text, and then looping back to the sex menu. I'm not sure about Easy-fit, since that might require more writing, but if it's only for one-off encounters, that's at least not as much work as if it had to be added to every NPC.

Both of these would have to added to the sex menus of each character individually, mind you, but at the very least:

Assuming this isn't rhetorical, I suppose it's possible if someone wants to do the work...

I was personally thinking more mob encounter scenes since usually with NPCs you can just back out and pop a condensol and stuff.

As for Easy-Fit..... totally hasn’t been considering writing said scene at all since seeing the comment

Personally, I think a generic paragraph of spearing the cream into someone’s orifice (or even just applying it to your own dick like Mirrin does) would suffice.

A

Athena

(I meant enemies when I said NPC before)
As for Easy-Fit..... totally hasn’t been considering writing said scene at all since seeing the comment

Personally, I think a generic paragraph of spearing the cream into someone’s orifice (or even just applying it to your own dick like Mirrin does) would suffice.

All I'm saying is that, unless I'm missing something, that generic blurb would have to be pasted into each file individually. Still less effort than adding a check and/or scene for each sex scene, as I understand it, but I'm not a coder, so I could easily be misunderstanding how it works. I mean, personally, I'd rather have limited access to my inventory so I could use certain items like Easy Fit or mighty tight before a post-win sex scene, but that might turn out to be more work. *Shrug*

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
(I meant enemies when I said NPC before)

All I'm saying is that, unless I'm missing something, that generic blurb would have to be pasted into each file individually. Still less effort than adding a check and/or scene for each sex scene, as I understand it, but I'm not a coder, so I could easily be misunderstanding how it works. I mean, personally, I'd rather have limited access to my inventory so I could use certain items like Easy Fit or mighty tight before a post-win sex scene, but that might turn out to be more work. *Shrug*

True. Guess we’ll just have to wait for a coder to comment.

*waves a handkerchief around hoping one of them would see*

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
@Jacques00 - On a scale of small tweaks to Ben/Bess Event Map, how big of a pain in the ass would coding a condensol option to victory/one-off sex scene menus be?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Because of how the combat loop works and how some combat encounters end differently than others, I would say implementing this change would be more work than it is worth.

I can think of a couple ways of implementing it that wouldn't be a pain code-wise, relatively speaking, but it would have to be a catch-all and the gameplay and narrative consistency would suffer for it. Meaning it would not matter whether or not the character has a penis that is "too big" or if the enemy has any penis-related sex scenes -- much less if the enemy even ends combat with a sex scene at all -- if the player character has condensol an option would appear to choose to use it. So in my personal opinion, at least for the time being, is that it does not make the option any more convenient.

Alternatively, if you only want to implement it for only scenes that check for penis size... you would need to go through every combat encounter with that check, every single one, and add an option that appears and asks if your character wants to use the item... and check if the item makes the penis actually fit when that item has been used. By that point, why would it just be implemented for combat encounters? Why not implement it for all other encounters as well? As you can see, it adds up into one big inconvenience to the coder.

And to think about it, Condensol lasts for 4 hours, so if your character were to take one every 4 hours or right before your character steps into a hazardous zone, you would not need to worry about having to use one after victory/loss in combat. No extra menus or options to fiddle with and no need for the code to make any extra checks. All the control is in the player's hands and the game would not need to have several lines of extra code to take one simple action.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
4 hours goes by surprisingly quickly (5 minutes/square = 48 squares / whatever the average encounter rate is) when searching for a particular sex scene.

How about making Condensol usable in combat? Focus Pills are usable in combat, and Condensol is also a pill. That should cover most of them.

Friendly female Zil (Fight/Sex/Get Honey) encounters you'd still potentially be too big for, who else?

Reactions: Shura

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, I've enabled the item to be usable during combat only because it doesn't affect any stats besides the cock length. To avoid complications, during combat, it will not make cocks smaller than 4 inches disappear like it does normally--in case there are cock-dependent combat encounters--instead, it will be a dud effect. Like any other combat-usable item, it will take up a turn when used. This change should appear for the next release.

This might be the ideal compromise, though it may change in the future if there is something wrong with it. Also note that this should not rule out any future items that may allow temporary cock length adjustments for longer periods of time if time is a personal issue.

A

Athena

4 hours goes by surprisingly quickly (5 minutes/square = 48 squares / whatever the average encounter rate is) when searching for a particular sex scene.

How about making Condensol usable in combat? Focus Pills are usable in combat, and Condensol is also a pill. That should cover most of them.

Friendly female Zil (Fight/Sex/Get Honey) encounters you'd still potentially be too big for, who else?

Yeah, Zil male/female are the hardest to get if you want one or the other, especially the friendly one. Admittedly it's become less of an issue going forward (except for that burglar on Zheng Shi), but condensol always seemed like it doesn't last long enough. It's weird, but it's actually easier to have a second dick at a smaller size than to use condensol to make sure you can access a scene for a random encounter scene, and there are a number of cases where playing as a Hyper-dicked Steele with no vagina will prevent you getting any sex scenes after a boss encounter, meaning that you'd have to relaod your last save to use condensol and try again. Considering how much this game has done to limit necessitating the Wiki, giving a check at these scenes at least would helpful. I mean, there are over 20 penis-length enhancing items that could easily bring Steele into the Hyper range, so those restrictions kind of make it feel like players are being punished for using them in those instances. I get that you can't be "too big" if you can always fit everyone all the time, but I think giving players the option to use Condensol when they need it and wouldn't get another shot at this scene without it provides some clear middleground beyond "you should've known in advance that you would need a smaller dick."

EDIT: and for once I should've checked the latest post when it came in. Good to see the compromise has already been made. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Okay, I've enabled the item to be usable during combat only because it doesn't affect any stats besides the cock length. To avoid complications, during combat, it will not make cocks smaller than 4 inches disappear like it does normally--in case there are cock-dependent combat encounters--instead, it will be a dud effect. Like any other combat-usable item, it will take up a turn when used. This change should appear for the next release.

This might be the ideal compromise, though it may change in the future if there is something wrong with it. Also note that this should not rule out any future items that may allow temporary cock length adjustments for longer periods of time if time is a personal issue.

Sweet! You’re the best, Jacques!

Reactions: ShySquare

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
If Dick too large/too small for scene
then check inventory for Item
If use item selected on menu insert
Open full sex menu with small message (Okay, this should help!)
Set timer item use to equal scene (unless silly mode then OOps you suddenly got bigger/smaller while inside them...)
End sex scene End Dick adjust
Continue next

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
If Dick too large/too small for scene
then check inventory for Item
If use item selected on menu insert
Open full sex menu with small message (Okay, this should help!)
Set timer item use to equal scene (unless silly mode then OOps you suddenly got bigger/smaller while inside them...)
End sex scene End Dick adjust
Continue next

Cool. I expect a pull request tomorrow morning.