[CONCEPT COMPLETE] NPC TF Shop Concept

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Just made a separate save just to test what would happen with the parasitic flag legitimately removed in game via Frostfire. It's still treated as parasitic in relevant scenes so I guess it's just that the scenes only have that option, regardless if the tail is parasitic or not. In other words, nothing will change that short of non-parasitic variants being written.
I'm not sure what you mean by "It's still treated as parasitic". Do you mean that it's referenced as a (semi)separate organism with a mind of it's own? Because there are a few scenes that can't be accessed if your tail isn't parasitic. Anno's Tailfuck, and the scene at the Male Milker on New Texas, for example.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean by "It's still treated as parasitic". Do you mean that it's referenced as a (semi)separate organism with a mind of it's own? Because there are a few scenes that can't be accessed if your tail isn't parasitic. Anno's Tailfuck, and the scene at the Male Milker on New Texas, for example.

Yep. I had done tailfuck Anno with an non-parasitic (bovine) tail and it was still regarded as such. And the masturbate scenes also have the tails played as semi-seperate regardless of parasitism status.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I’m dying again with a big important exam coming up, but I’m still slowly picking at this.

That said though, I might separate one or two things into their own items.

One is an item that lets you change skin type whether in general or for specific parts (thus removing the need for Dylan to do that for you, though you’d still need him for fur cuffs and stuff ;p). Working name right now is “SprayCoat” (had “FurCoat” initially until I realized that name is limited/misleading). Will have paw pads as an option when furring arms and legs. Will have it sold by Jade.

Another is an item that lets you purely increase horn length no matter what kind of horn (of course, like with Hornucopia, you’d need horns first). Definitely calling this one “HornDog” and it looks like a pointy curved corn dog. Haven’t decided who’d be selling it, but I’m leaning a Vending machine purely because it’s a transformative corn dog.

Lastly is maybe an item that’s basically a temporary condom for parasitic tails that also happens to disguise them for the duration it lasts. That way, you don’t have to worry about Lash getting rid of your hard worked changes (and maybe not freak out Kimber?). Maybe a “Concealed” flag could be added that causes NPCs/game mechanics to treat the tail as non-parasitic? Working name is “Tailsock” and I haven’t quite decided where it would be sold. Maybe Sera?

Since it’s a lot easier to write out simple transformatives (and those incidentally happen to be the things I want added most) and it may help cut down how much writing I need to do for the shop.

Reactions: Keet

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Little update, but after finally going through the more newly published content on TiTS, I’ve got some ideas to try to streamline things a bit from a coding standpoint. I am also going to rework Dylan’s background a bit and have him initially be an encounter on Myrellion that you can help with setting up shop for.

He’s still going to be a licensed symbiont handler, but first encounter will be somewhere in the Deep Caves of Myrellion where he’s trying to collect some cockvine samples. His cockvine tail will also be more blatantly visible here he will happily introduce you to his friend, <still trying to think of a name>. He’ll have a talk menu where you can learn a bit about him and his passion for symbionts as well as his dream of starting a modding parlor for people to get their over the counter mods refined into something more tailored to their desires.

You’ll be able to volunteer funding his shop (say, around 50k credits? I will accept any suggestion as to what a realistic and reasonable price is for a startup), after which, he will disappear for 7 in-game days before sending you an email inviting you to his shop Tavros. Not funding him will simply have him be a repeatable encounter where you can opt to chat with him again and possibly decide to fund him then.

Still might take a while on these and the tfs (and I’m working on a separate parasitic tail concealer/tf item) but I have a much clearer idea on what to do with Dylan at least.

SheeptaurTheSheepKing

Jan 26, 2020
Nice work! I love the concept. This definitely seems like something TiTs has been sorely lacking. I like what you've got so far and I think it has a lot of potential for even more content to be added in either now or in a later expansion.

Stuff like metal plating for your teeth so you can have steel plated shark's teeth or gold plated sabertooth fangs. Or a beak mod option that lets you pick from things like a straight beak, parrot beak, toucan beak, flamingo beak, duck bill, etc.

It would be cool if Dylan eventually hired a tattoo/piercing artist to work at Urban Fantasies too, since that's another thing TiTs is still missing.

You should definitely be able to introduce Shade to Dylan, or maybe the two of them have already met on Myrellion, since they both have a similar fondness for their tail parasites.

I could imagine a continuation of Dylan's story too where, after you help him start his store, you have to help him deal with Xenogen when they start trying to run Urban Fantasies out of business with lawsuits for tampering with their mods, by claiming they own the rights to Dylan's gene therapy techniques, or by trying to get his shop shutdown by Tavros Station because of his work with tail parasites.

Also, you could call the Masculinizing/Feminizing facials "Manly Grit Sand Masks" and "Feminine Beauty Mud Masks".

Reactions: Shura

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Nice work! I love the concept. This definitely seems like something TiTs has been sorely lacking. I like what you've got so far and I think it has a lot of potential for even more content to be added in either now or in a later expansion.

Stuff like metal plating for your teeth so you can have steel plated shark's teeth or gold plated sabertooth fangs. Or a beak mod option that lets you pick from things like a straight beak, parrot beak, toucan beak, flamingo beak, duck bill, etc.

It would be cool if Dylan eventually hired a tattoo/piercing artist to work at Urban Fantasies too, since that's another thing TiTs is still missing.

You should definitely be able to introduce Shade to Dylan, or maybe the two of them have already met on Myrellion, since they both have a similar fondness for their tail parasites.

I could imagine a continuation of Dylan's story too where, after you help him start his store, you have to help him deal with Xenogen when they start trying to run Urban Fantasies out of business with lawsuits for tampering with their mods, by claiming they own the rights to Dylan's gene therapy techniques, or by trying to get his shop shutdown by Tavros Station because of his work with tail parasites.

Also, you could call the Masculinizing/Feminizing facials "Manly Grit Sand Masks" and "Feminine Beauty Mud Masks".

I forgot to mention that I’m revamping Dylan and the shop in a separate doc (that I’m not posting yet) along with the fact I’m probably gonna get rid of Xenogen from his background. That’s why he’s a random spelunker you meet now instead of random fresh shopkeeper. :p

Teeth plating and beaks sound like a great idea that I’m not sure how didn’t occur to me.

Admittedly Dylan was partly inspired by Shade and her tail that is definitely sentient, so I may consider having him mention her off hand somewhere (no idea how they’re supposed to meet once Shade is off Myrellion).

As for the tattoo artist, I may do that after I settle down my base content. One thing at a time, folks. XP

Piercing is kinda redundant given we put them on ourselves as items, so any new piercings would have to be their own items. :1

The names if the facials are pretty good, so may just mention them in the description for Dylan applying them to you.

Anyways, thank you for your input! It is much appreciated. ^^

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
As a curious fact, the Capraphorm mod does not have a tail since in the TITS universe they did not take terran goats for their creation, but an extinct highly psionic sentient race (similarly to the Illumorpheme and the Motrine), and this breed has no tail.

I know because long ago i investigated about the peculiarities of the Perk: Primorditatts (I can no longer find the thread), an entry in the codex is supposed with this race would be added, but if I remember, they did not add it since as no NPC would appear with this mod (unlike Maike with Motrine appearance), there was no reason to do it.

I honestly would like to know about this race, who knows, maybe you motivate SoAndSo to write it with your character.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
As a curious fact, the Capraphorm mod does not have a tail since in the TITS universe they did not take terran goats for their creation, but an extinct highly psionic sentient race (similarly to the Illumorpheme and the Motrine), and this breed has no tail.

I know because long ago i investigated about the peculiarities of the Perk: Primorditatts (I can no longer find the thread), an entry in the codex is supposed with this race would be added, but if I remember, they did not add it since as no NPC would appear with this mod (unlike Maike with Motrine appearance), there was no reason to do it.

I honestly would like to know about this race, who knows, maybe you motivate SoAndSo to write it with your character.

I am....intrigued, but at the moment, I am more concerned about having something to show, period! :p

Definitely would love an Adremmalex entry similar to Mothrine, so you are right maybe Dylan could be a good reason just like Maike was for Mothrine.

Unrelated, I finally settled on “Bacchus” as the name of Dylan’s cockvine. It just felt “right” to me, even if a bit unoriginal, lol!

Even less related, I’m debating if the tail parasite concealer item should be broken up in parts or not, but I’m not sure how a blank concealer would look at the moment (i.e. no changes; the tail stays about the same, but are protected from Lash removing them and Kimber won’t freak out). But I would like for this to be added sooner, and a super basic version might be easier to code for (i.e. just add a “Parasite Concealed” Status that will cause NPCs to act like your tail isn’t parasitic, if applicable), and then I add a “Plus” version (or alternately just make it a Dylan mod service).

Thoughts?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Borrowing this thread again because of the semi-relevance, but I think I'm going to make the parasitic tail concealer an accessory item as opposed to a transformative for now. May make the tf + concealer version something separate or a Dylan service.

Just want to be able to sex Kimber without freaking her out and stuff, ya know? And great for those of us who want to avoid Lash murdering our tail friends while we're under.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Yep. I had done tailfuck Anno with an non-parasitic (bovine) tail and it was still regarded as such. And the masturbate scenes also have the tails played as semi-seperate regardless of parasitism status.
What are your flags? Default Foxfire
* Tails: 9, Tailcock, Prehensile, Tapered, Long, Furred, Fluffy, Vulpine
doesn't tail-fuck Anno or Ula. Nor does
* Tail: 1, Long, Furred, Fluffy, Tailcock, Tapered, Lupine
(Dicksprout, Lupine).

...but first encounter will be somewhere in the Deep Caves of Myrellion where he’s trying to collect some cockvine samples...
As far as I know, Cockvines do not exist in the Deep Caves, only No Myr's Land. Which may be why he's having trouble.

Borrowing this thread again because of the semi-relevance, but I think I'm going to make the parasitic tail concealer an accessory item as opposed to a transformative for now.
Making it an accessory causes it to conflict with things like the Light Jetpack, Tam-Wolf or the Shield Aug Bracers. I don't think most people are going to want to give up combat effectiveness for a cosmetic item, and switching between combat and non-combat accessories would be kind of annoying. What about making it a key item that adds a button in the 'Appearance' screen?

Even less related, I’m debating if the tail parasite concealer item should be broken up in parts or not, but I’m not sure how a blank concealer would look at the moment (i.e. no changes; the tail stays about the same, but are protected from Lash removing them and Kimber won’t freak out). But I would like for this to be added sooner, and a super basic version might be easier to code for (i.e. just add a “Parasite Concealed” Status that will cause NPCs to act like your tail isn’t parasitic, if applicable), and then I add a “Plus” version (or alternately just make it a Dylan mod service).

Thoughts?
Kimber doesn't seem to 'freak out' if Steele has used Foxfire or Catnip. Nor does she care about a Dicksprout tail. Don't know about Lucifer. Lash doesn't seem to remove non-parasitic genitails (anymore? I think he used to.).
Maybe it's a mild sedative, making it less obvious it's technically a separate organism with it's own mind. Maybe a ring to be placed where the tail meets the body to disguise the 'seam'?

It's long struck me as strange that Steele can have obvious genitails in places where nudity is illegal. And even use such tails to cover regular genitals and nipples, if they're 'long' and 'prehensile'. Foxfire and Catnip give the 'Sheathed' flag to genitails, but the description explicitly says that only counts when Steele isn't aroused. Shade doesn't seem to run into trouble, either. This is obviously because there is no way to cover them but Zaika wear coverings for modesty, maybe Steele should wear something too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
What are your flags? Default Foxfire
* Tails: 9, Tailcock, Prehensile, Tapered, Long, Furred, Fluffy, Vulpine
doesn't tail-fuck Anno or Ula. Nor does
* Tail: 1, Long, Furred, Fluffy, Tailcock, Tapered, Lupine
(Dicksprout, Lupine).

As far as I know, Cockvines do not exist in the Deep Caves, only No Myr's Land. Which may be why he's having trouble.

Making it an accessory causes it to conflict with things like the Light Jetpack, Tam-Wolf or the Shield Aug Bracers. I don't think most people are going to want to give up combat effectiveness for a cosmetic item, and switching between combat and non-combat accessories would be kind of annoying. What about making it a key item that adds a button in the 'Appearance' screen?

Kimber doesn't seem to 'freak out' if Steele has used Foxfire or Catnip. Nor does she care about a Dicksprout tail. Don't know about Lucifer. Lash doesn't seem to remove non-parasitic genitails (anymore? I think he used to.).
Maybe it's a mild sedative, making it less obvious it's technically a separate organism with it's own mind. Maybe a ring to be placed where the tail meets the body to disguise the 'seam'?

It's long struck me as strange that Steele can have obvious genitails in places where nudity is illegal. And even use such tails to cover regular genitals and nipples, if they're 'long' and 'prehensile'. Foxfire and Catnip give the 'Sheathed' flag to genitails, but the description explicitly says that only counts when Steele isn't aroused. Shade doesn't seem to run into trouble, either. This is obviously because there is no way to cover them but Zaika wear coverings for modesty, maybe Steele should wear something too.

On the bovine tail, that was ages ago, and I had save-edited, with the parasitic option off. I probably at the time took the lines of the tail seeming to have a mind of its own as indicati parasitism.

As for Cockvines only being found in No Myr's Land, while it's true gameplay wise, lore-wise they're kinda everywhere and even Taivra herself got ahold of several (though of course she could have always gotten them from the surface.

I also didn't say Dylan was having trouble; "trying" =/= having trouble.

I have no idea why you are bringing up non-parasitic tails either; Obviously there's no issue with them being removed or having Kimber react (I've had to save-edit to prevent Lash touching my tail and to do the post-Worm Quest sex scene with Kimber).

The entire point of this idea is to have a legit in-game way to keep the sentient symbiotiv tail aspect. Foxfire and Catnip legitimately just lobotomize your tail so they're no different from dicktails obtained from Dicksprout.

As for the Accessory thing, I don't know if I messed up on wording, but I believe I specifically said it's just the concealer effect. It won't really change appearance and legit would just be basically a sock condom thing that fakes non-parasitic status. You'd only need to equip it for Lash and Kimber.

I'm only considering putting it in sooner because a full TF is a lot more effort but if it's not worth separating out, I'll continue my original plan for SymbiSocks.

But it seems you and I are on the same page on the covering thing at least, and making a new slot similar to collars and piercings may be a good idea to be more lore-friendly because Steele is somehow waltzing around with blatant tail genital symbiotes without getting into trouble (heck, it's legit illegal to leave Myrellion with a Cockvine attached). Steph Irson has the excuse of being a celebrity (and her producers probably paid someone off), but this is also kind of where my idea of parasite handling certification comes in for Dylan. :p

Might be neat to add in a mechanic for keeping parasitic tails hidden similar to illegal nudity.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Um quick question about the skin mod will it also allow you to get chitin plating?

I could have sworn I had it in the concept piece, but yes it should. I believe the flag already exists, and I'm shooting to try to use as many existing ones as possible.

Reactions: HavocHive55