[Complete/Submitted/Rejected]Microsurgeon errors

Reaper113

Mar 29, 2016
Will taking this TF reverse the effects of the goo body thing since if its nanotech shouldn't it purge the goo out and replace it with nanomachines. Mostly because I wanna get rid of the goo without restarting the game

Reaper113

Mar 29, 2016
But shouldn't a tf of this size also effect the so called irreversible gelomax tf which some players might have taken when the pill first launched and now wants to try something new without starting a new game or messing with the code to try and turn off or delete the gooey parts

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Will taking this TF reverse the effects of the goo body thing since if its nanotech shouldn't it purge the goo out and replace it with nanomachines. Mostly because I wanna get rid of the goo without restarting the game
But shouldn't a tf of this size also effect the so called irreversible gelomax tf which some players might have taken when the pill first launched and now wants to try something new without starting a new game or messing with the code to try and turn off or delete the gooey parts
Galomax has always said it's IRREVERSIBLE. There is no 'so called', it's right in the tooltip.
As in you CANNOT undo it. And if you were to, it'd have to be done with save-editing only, which is kinda hard in itself.

Once you take the Galomax, you can't reverse it.
It's right in the tooltips itself, read it.

And yeah, I'm with Nori, don't ask Preacher to make this more complicated and/or tedious to work with.>.>

Reaper113

Mar 29, 2016
From the wiki

It comes with a warning in big, bold print: MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE. It must be harder to turn a goo-person into a regular person than the other way around..

Maybe and it must be harder to turn someone back aka their is a chance that it can be undone later down the line. And I'm simply asking if this tf that is similar to the galomax from what i read undo the goo and replace it with robot parts instead

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
From the wiki

It comes with a warning in big, bold print: MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE. It must be harder to turn a goo-person into a regular person than the other way around..

Maybe and it must be harder to turn someone back aka their is a chance that it can be undone later down the line. And I'm simply asking if this tf that is similar to the galomax from what i read undo the goo and replace it with robot parts instead
'May be'
And yet ingame there's absolutely no way to reverse it whatsoever. Even if you save edit the goo bits out the normal way it will change back to goo unless you were to remove the flags for it.

What happens to the PC is either temporary or permenant depending on the item. If the game/tooltips/etc. says it's supposed to be Irreversible, then it's Irreversible, period.

Reaper113

Mar 29, 2016
Cool so will this tf that preacher is working on overide the goo or combine with it too be gooey nanomachines

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Cool so will this tf that preacher is working on overide the goo or combine with it too be gooey nanomachines
Mutually exclusive. This is already going to be a major pain to code without galomax integration.

Reactions: Emerald

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Just to end off this particular line of discussion I'd like to divert the people's attention to the little scene that plays just after combat with the deranged researcher ends. There there are checks in place that prevents you from getting infected with the virus if you have any parts on your body that have been transformed into goo, mostly because of galomax's permanence and the underlying complexity and issues that come with coding this tf and removing a tf(gooped parts) that is supposed to be permanent.

If I knew how to code for tits, I would, and would make it as complicated as I'd like. Even Bess/Ben might, maybe(oh who am I kidding, nothing will be as complicated as her/him), look simple compared to some things I have in mind that I'll never write on account of me not being able to code, but since I'm relying on the devs to soon make sense of my doc I can't make it too complicated or risk rejection.

Almost done, syncing doc with offline edited content and submitting it around my time zone's midnight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Alright it's been submitted, properly, now I wait. I've slightly modified some of the tail stuff to accommodate non-parasitic genital tails but I'm not too sure about all that.

Reactions: J-10 and Zavos

J-10

Jan 30, 2016
Quick question, if you were to get the upgrade that prevents you from getting STDs from Dr. Lash, would that prevent this also?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
It's not an STD, so I see no reason to make it unable to be picked up. Although your condition does progress through sexual means, you don't actually get it from having sex.

But, if the devs see it fit to make it so then I have no qualms over it.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Love this idea I mean technology + goo it my technophile wet dream. While I know it's already been submitted would it be possible to incorporate the genital flag customisation from the picardine and galomax expansion, maybe as a learned ability.

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Love this idea I mean technology + goo it my technophile wet dream. While I know it's already been submitted would it be possible to incorporate the genital flag customisation from the picardine and galomax expansion, maybe as a learned ability.
If this does get accepted I'll see about an xpac with elements of member suggested content.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Now, unfortunately, the only way this is getting in the game any time soon is if some fan decides to code it.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Now, unfortunately, the only way this is getting in the game any time soon is if some fan decides to code it.
Don't suppose you could direct me to where that was said, or do you mean that due to the backlog of content it might take awhile. I ask because the threads status haven't changed to accepted.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Don't suppose you could direct me to where that was said, or do you mean that due to the backlog of content it might take awhile. I ask because the threads status haven't changed to accepted.
Due to the backlog. Also adding something tedious-to-code like this is taken to the back-backburner to adding either what's left of the korg'ii hold and then the next probe location.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Due to the backlog. Also adding something tedious-to-code like this is taken to the back-backburner to adding either what's left of the korg'ii hold and then the next probe location.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Sad to hear that, as this and the galomax expansion (which I am going to guess is also on the back backburner) sounds really cool, but yer I can see why adding new content would take priority.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Man... I'm starting to think I shouldn't write. Anyway this has been rejected for the following reasons.
  • Enough grammatical issues to be problematic. They checked out by page 12.
  • The enemy encounter is a bit of a horror show, not quite fitting with the tone of the game.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Seems like things that can be fixed, right?
Yes, but unfortunately if I go at it alone my schedule would not allow it to be done at any appreciable speed. Might need some help on this one. There's also the problem of them not actually having gotten to the point of reviewing the entire doc so there may be problems that I'm not even aware of. Guess we'll find out when the doc is a shining example of grammatical brilliance and they go through the entire thing.

I have some ideas as to how to change the encounter to be less of a horror show. One will eventually be decided upon if no input is received regarding them, but I would like to receive feedback if possible.

1. The first will change the current lore regarding the infection but maybe a change to the sexbots can be made to have an infected one be slightly different(red eyes or something cliche) and having sex with this one will result in your microsurgeons going on the fritz. With some alterations the current enemy will become a distant memory and only actually referenced with the medical npc.

It's easier on the devs(I think) and will involve less work.

2. The second also changes the backstory somewhat but to a lesser degree and changes the researcher into an that you eventually befriend that's on the run and trying to stay hidden but somehow you and he keep bumping into each other. He's in full control of his faculties and isn't malformed by the infection as he has found a way to have it progress as it does with your character, although the spread by sexual contact thing will come into place and effectively turn this into a SSTD. This also shifts the way the pc perceives their changes although not a lot of things will change there.

This involves more work but it may be more interesting.

3. The third option will remove the encounter with any enemy and reduce the transmition of the infection to a vial of infected micro surgeons that you find in the dunes of Tarkus. Lore stays more or less the same but you never encounter the guy and he is never referenced apart from what the medical npc tells you.

A lot less work for both the devs and people working on it but it might turn out to be a little lackluster.