Companion Combat Tier List

SH60

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry if this is dumb it just something that came to mind. I really like to know where you all rank the companions in terms of how useful they are in combat. And I mean Set by Set like Onmyodo Kiyoko and Queenly Raiment Etheryn.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
listicles are made in the content factories because they are cheap, and often drive "engagement" for the site because people will inevitably argue about it. They are not inherently valuable, and sometimes just suck.

You are missing the context, I. E. the champion. What skills does the champ bring with. What are their weaknesses? Are they tanky or not?

Case in point, I haven't found any success with Ryn in her garbs. I'd rather have cait. Because: Ryn generated little threat, which had my champ taking more blows to the face. Normal Ryn generates more threat, which then spreads the incoming damage more evenly, and the group heal spell is all I needed for healing.

But my champ is a charmer, walking around in literal underwear. A warrior champ in actual armor who counts on tanking for the team would have a different experience.

But... Listicle....
1. Honey maden azyrran. Comes with song of splendor, which potentially frees up the encounter slot for the champ. Or you run 2x song of splendor, and resolve nuke anything with a libido in the first round.
2. Fire priestess brienne: Because moo. Becomes even more moo with grease thrown in the mix.
3. Passion priestess cait. People may call me a basic bitch, but they don't know how to have fun. This cait just works, and frees the champ up to focus on interesting builds.
4.Brint/Brienne: Very little can stand an axe to the face. Good times.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
As mentioned above, it is very difficult to evaluate companions in terms of their usefulness, it depends on your build, opponents and tactics.

All I can do is just (try) briefly list what I know about them based on my experience.
Side note: I'm trying to keep my companion overview short, so I'm skipping details that seem unimportant to me... like the not-so-useful level 7 perks.

As a phoenix, she is immune to burning and regenerates her health when it drops below half. Alas, she has no immunity to fire, but her 55 fire resistance is nevertheless quite a nice number.
Fire resistance +25 as a rest bonus (so she gets 80% fire resistance), very useful when you want to spar with Evelyn. It can also be useful in the final fight with Kassyra, but this is a matter of the distant future...
"Child of Flame: Whenever you take Fire damage, you recover 21 HP and gain +50 Spellpower for 1 turn." as a Level 7 perk. If you notice the message "The nostalgic heat calms your nerves." that means it makes sense to recast Flametongue so that it gives you more damage... Note: Child of Flame only grants spellpower when Agnimitra takes fire damage, so with 100% fire resistance (detailed below), this perk is not triggered.

It's worth noting that three of her powers rely on her spellpower... but Agnimitra doesn't have much willpower. Therefore, if Agnimitra is on the team, a party-wide willpower boon is highly recommended.
Flametongue. At-Will Stance. Fire damage buff. Since version 0.5.0 it also works as a heal spell, just cancel the buff and cast a new one if you are low on health. As a nice bonus, this can also be a re-buff that can be stronger than its original version... if her spell power has been increased by buffs.
Heat Mirage. The main thing about this defensive buff is that it gives +20 fire resistance (Yes, Agnimitra WILL be immune to fire!), another reason to take Agnimitra with you when you expect a, shall we say, hot reception.
Cauterize. SPELL, the only power in her build that cannot be cast while she is under the effect of silence. It can also be noted that the information on the wiki is outdated: now the use of this spell removes the Frigid effect instead of Burning.
War Hymn. Increases attack and defense for the entire party at once, but slowly gains full strength. Usually I prefer to have a second damage dealer than Agnimitra with this buff of hers, but there are all sorts of cases, sometimes it can be useful...
Solar Cannon. Bad news: it can fail even though it is an Ultimate. The good news is that it can crit.

New girl in our block, I have no idea how to use her yet. I'm still not entirely sure how to use her. Maybe as support for the PC damage dealer, but personally I usually prefer have a second damage dealer to cover those areas that my PC is not very successful at.
I would say that the only fight where Agnimitra's presence is appropriate is sparring with Evelyn.
Potentially also in a fight with Kassyra, but in this fight her best abilities are not very useful: fire resistance can be useless (because Dragon's breath is used only once), War Hymn will be quickly destroyed by Nullify, Solar Cannon will simply not reach Kassira...
Perk Veteran in any of her sets. Rest buff +5 to all resists*, Ultimate increases** her crit to 100 (but this does not give guaranteed hits, only crits for hits that have already occurred), Attack Power by 100 and all resists* by 40.
*This does not mean physical, magical and mental resists, it means all "minor" resists like crushing, penetrating, and so on.
**This is a "Stance" type power that lasts for the rest of the fight... unless canceled by a knockdown or stun. Also, it is not compatible with Charge Weapon or any other stance-ability.
It is worth noting that one of her main attributes in 3 out of 4 (exception is the Spirit Totem) builds is Presence, which is useless for her.
Also, I would note a very important point missed initially: Arona has VERY low accuracy, since she has low agility + weapons with a penalty to accuracy, the only set where its accuracy is decent is Spirit Totem...

Warhides. Tank, I didn't remember anything special, so we can conclude that the build is quite average, not great, but not bad either.
One of the two tanks that not only has a shield (i.e., crit immunity), but also gets the Tough Skin perk (all resistances +20) upon reaching level 7. Generally worse than Brinth/Brienne in Arena Armor, but unlike them, she doesn't have a blight vulnerability (which won't do any good in a fight with an enemy that has a LOT of blight damage).

Chieftain's Bronze. It looks good (but as said before, it looks more like it than it really is due to lack of accuracy). Take note that Inspire Wrath is a Blessing with a different name. So if you feel especially adventurous, you can abandon the healer in the person of Ryn and take Arona instead.

Berserker. I just found out about this build, saw it on the wiki. I have a bad feeling about this build. Although it may be that this feeling is related to what needs to be done to get Arona with this build...

Spirit Totem. A very good single-target damage dealer comparable in this regard to Hexblade Cait: a weapon that has holy damage (it's poleaxe, but with 30 penetration and 20 holy) plus bonus holy damage to her attacks (Charge Weapon and the level 7 perk the Righteous Fury) plus two holy damage attacks.
0.6.2 noCrit 624.jpg
Knight. A very unusual tank by the standards of companions: she REALLY has a "Protect"-type power, and it protects the whole party at once! Alas, she does not have a shield, so her ability to absorb enemy damage is much worse than I would like.
She has heavy armor, but instead of the Veteran perk, she has mediocre regeneration (Font of Will, +5% health per turn).
Has 15 blight resistance, but 10 vulnerability to fire and cold.
Has a good weapon, which also absorbs the health of enemies through psychic damage (Spellpower: 10, ArmorPen: 10, Crit: 5, Evasion: 5, Attack: Physical, Penetrating: 40, Psychic: 10), but at the same time has low strength and only one offensive power (Once per battle she attacks all enemies at once, frightening them and healing allies).
Also, I would call her Ultimate not very useful (270 shield points, developers, are you serious?).
In addition to the above, she also knows Eternal Light, a regeneration buff.
At level 7, gains the Wellspring perk (Allies recieve +25% healing from all sources). I note that my regeneration is still the same +20 health per turn.
Overall, she's probably not the worst tank and is well suited for protecting damage dealer players whose threat level often exceeds the tank's threat level... but at the moment I don't have enough data on this (i.e. I still haven't played too much with it in current versions).

Berserker. To be honest, I don't remember using this build at all. I will add my impressions of this build here later, when I can test this build and remember the results against a variety of opponents.
I liked her original build, but her bimbo build is even more amazing ... The rest bonus is to swap tease damage for pheromone damage. Ultimate: Within three turns, the damage to the group is reduced by half.

Hive Knight Set. A very good tank. The highest second among companions is physical defense (only Arena Armor is better than this), average magical, low mental. The set of abilities is not bad: physical AoE attack, powerful single-target attack with DoT damage, magic damage. The damage, however, is not the most outstanding (the use of a short spear as a weapon may have something to do with this), in addition, it is worth remembering about the presence of enemies with a high physical defense. So despite the fact that I remember her as a great fighter, Winter Knight Brint can be more effective against most powerful opponents. But on the other hand, against the strongest enemies, she can be invaluable thanks to her Ultimate.
Starting at level 7, she starts dealing additional holy damage to enemies thanks to the Righteous Fury perk.

Honey Maiden's Dress. I don't even know what to say about this. A mighty resolve build, it can be useful to you if you suddenly need to switch from brute strength to moral damage... or you specialize in this type of damage, then Bimbo Azzy is definitely your cup of tea.

Dragon Armor. Mostly warrior. The short lance plus shield has been replaced with a full spear (40 penetrating + 10 fire damage, 40 armor penetration, accuracy bonus unknown), which gives less defense (by 10) but more damage.
Power set:
Cleave. An old attack, but thanks to a new weapon, it now deals more damage.
Dragon's Rally. Recharge. Weak AoE heal+AP buff, cannot be applied if the party is fully healthy. Judging by the name of the effect, by the way, it is a copy of Warlord's Cry.
Queen's Breath. Encounter. Fire AoE spell, a downgraded version of the Dragon's Breath. Due to the drunken tooltips, I'm not exactly sure about the damage of this attack, but it seems to have a base damage of 70, the same as the much more practical Dawnbreak (35 holy+35 frost).
She seems to have no problems with accuracy, but I'm not completely sure.
Ultimate is a very powerful physical attack, which also knocks down enemies. The damage decreases with the number of enemies, but the result even with 5 enemies is good enough.

Wayfarer's Leathers. Good old physical damage. It never gets old, but most opponents have a very high physical defense. I would also note that Brint's habit of falling into Frenzy can be annoying by removing the effect of the Blessing spell (+100 AP, +100 SP and +10 accuracy). Yes, the Blessing lasts only 1 turn, while Frenzy can continue the entire fight at the appropriate health level. But the Blessing is applied in order to give maximum power to the most suitable attack! So this "upgrade" of damage can be somewhat annoying. It seems that nothing else comes to my mind about this build.

Arena Armor. Tank: Heavy armor and shield (highest physical defense of any companion I know), threat-boosting abilities. Due to the lack of damage (trident as a weapon, very low damage in exchange for guaranteed bleeding), however, has problems with detracting attention from the damage dealer... although maybe it's just that I want too much from tanks...
Oh, one more thing! At level 7, this set gains the Tough Skin perk (+20 to all resistances) making Brint/Brienne VERY durable.

Winter Knight. Mage Tank. Two AoE (Entropic Winds that freeze enemies and Wintery Bellow that deals double damage to frozen targets), a powerful single-target attack that stuns the enemy, an ice melee buff, health regeneration for each hit on a frigid target.
Of the shortcomings, I can note a low initiative, because of which his turn comes after Ryn's turn, and therefore the Blessing spell used by Ryn does not affect the attack that I would like. But this is perhaps still for the best. I am not sure that without the help of the Blessing, Brint will be able to effectively use the Entropic Winds. It (low initiative) also allows him to use Freeze Solid (under the effect of Blessing) to injure and stun the Earth Elemental in the first round and I can use the Arc Cannon to finish off the elemental at the beginning of the second...

Pyromancer's Cloth. Ridiculous spellpower (spell penetration is very low, however), fire attacks (one of two companions with Fireball knowledge), bonus to maximum health based on spellpower (Agnimitra and Conjurer's Concoction!), fire damage to the attacker. The disadvantages, in my opinion, of this build, I have already mentioned - the somewhat dubious At-Will and Encounter Powers.
At-Will because it is an interruptible ability with gradually increasing damage, it becomes equal to Firebolt only on the third use* (IF not interrupted), so the problem here is the same as that of the War Hymn (Agnimitra) - this power gains normal strength only on 4+ rounds when the fight is about to end.
* I mean DPS (DPR?) this Power versus Firebolt's DPS. Half the damage of Firebolt on the first use, equal damage on the second, and one and a half times on the third. Thus, after three uses, the total damage is equal to three firebolts.

The Encounter because it is a summon without immunity to physical damage (damn, the bull does not even have a fire resistance!) and because it is summoned by a character with a low Presence.
Note: The way Brienne is disarmed by knocking the Conjured Flame out of her hands looks a bit silly.
Conjured Flame. Spellpower: 10, Accuracy: 10, Attack: Physical, Crushing: 20, Fire: 15, MELEE, LIGHT, CATALYST.
Ultimate ability: almost garbage, not needed in easy battles, will not help in hard ones (revives with too little health).

Passion Priestess Garb. Your average white mage. Once upon a time it seemed to me good, but either it just seemed to me that way, or the changes in the versions had too strong an impact. As a result, in my opinion, the ability to inflict damage is rather mediocre, the healing abilities are not impressive, the survivability is low.

Witch gear. Healer, but I really do not like the lack of mass healing, which is useful after a strong AoE attack, when everyone has low health and you do not know who exactly will be the next target. Also, I don't like Mirror Image, the bonus to evasion is too low and the ability ends when knocked down. And this happens annoyingly often, I have a feeling that more than half of the opponents in the game can do this. The Shield of Light, however, helps to protect a fragile character well, and resolve regeneration can also be useful in certain battles.
Oh, one more thing! Cait's survivability in this build not only did not increase, her physical and magical resistances (i.e. saverolls) slightly decreased.

Hexblade Leathers. Single-target damage dealer. Maximum health decreased, physical resistance also decreased (magic defense also decreased, but it is this type of defense that worries me in the last place). The armor has increased, the damage has increased due to the high strength and the thief's perk, the accuracy has increased, instead of holy damage + fire, she now has physical damage+holy+blight (it does not cover the entire spectrum, but it is good enough). The rest bonus is an increase in spellpover. Unlike Berwyn, her perk is unique, so that such Cait is a wonderful addition to the caster's group.
Note: her weapon is a Spiraled Blade with a different name but the same functionality, judging by the UI, the type of elemental damage correctly changes every day, as a result of which, depending on the day of the week, Cait may be better suited for fighting some enemies, but worse suited to fight with other ones.

Sun-Dancer's Silks. I would say that there are better charmers, but it's still nice to have this build for those cases when you suddenly need to switch from brute force to moral damage to the enemy.
Ultimate Aurora Arrow, good attack of all enemies at once, shields to all allies, holy damage to weapons of all allies. It is also worth noting that changing Ryn's build only results in a level 1 perk change (Twist The Knife-> Healer's Hands), regardless of Ryn's outfit she gives +10 initiative as Rest Bonus and has the Escape Artist perk despite the fact that she has a low agility in her the best outfit.

Outrider's Gear. Magic thief (?). It seems that initially it was a very mediocre set, but at some point the Entropic Winds were replaced with Iceburst Arrow, in fact the same Entropic Winds, but 50% stronger (base damage 30 instead of 20) and with a shot at one of the opponents in addition to this, the result looks like a good enough attack. Also at some point, one of her main attributes changed from Willpower to Strength. So like Agnimitra, she can use a willpower boon. I also noticed that she now has +10 Leadership on top of what her low Presence gives her.
On the other hand, however, the Whitewood Bow she uses is somewhat nerfed, having lost 10 armor penetration and 5 Accuracy, the fact that now this bow is considered a catalyst and gives +5 spell power and +10 spell penetration is little consolation, although I may be wrong here.
But in any case, taking into account the additional +10 holy damage from the Holy Whitewood Bow (total base damage will be 55) and the bonus from the level 7 perk Frozen Flower (Your weapons and spells deal an extra frost damage equal to 1/2 your willpower on top of their normal damage) this set has pretty nice damage, and overall looks very decent.
0.6.3 Crit 182.jpg0.6.3 Crit 194.jpg

Queenly Raiment. My beloved healer. Heal, Group Heal, Blessing, Spirit Veil. Strength and protection have increased, Agility has decreased. Ryn no longer has offensive Powers, but this is not important. Because she is, in my opinion, the best healer among the options available, and her Blessing (roughly + 50% damage) is a wonderful boost to the very attack which you are going to sweep away your enemies.
Yes, better than Grease + Fireball or Crackle Powder + Arc Cannon combo can only be the same combo, but with the use of the Blessing before the attack...
It is especially worth noting that of all the companions, only she at level 7 receives the Expert Inspiration perk and therefore only she has the Blessing applied for two turns instead of one.
Note: it may seem that she lacks precision. But in reality, her spear gives her +15 Accuracy, resulting in a relatively decent number.

Wyldkin. Judging by the presence of the Twist The Knife perk, it is possible that this set is another attempt to make a thief-mage out of Etheryn... but the result turned out to be more of a poisonous mage: all three of her offensive powers are non-weapon spells (two blight, one frost), and her bow (base damage 30, its hit poisons the target) is only useful as a secondary weapon, including as a support for one of her spells (Toxic Shock, if the target has the status of poisoning, turns the remaining poison damage into a bonus to its damage).. could be, if Etheryn received not Frozen Flower as a level 7 perk, but "Eye For Weakness: Negative Combat Effects you apply last for twice as long.", without this perk, alas, Toxic Shock does not reveal its possible potential.
Potentially useful set, but at the moment I can't name a single worthy opponent that would be vulnerable to blight damage.

Potential upgrades to her equipment:
1. During the Specter of the Wyld, every resolution other than banishing Queen Atheldred gives Etheryn a +10 holy damage bonus to her bow, to be exact her Whitewood Bow is replaced with the Holy Whitewood Bow.
1.5 If Synneva is accompanying you, you have a choice in how to reunite the former lovers. Choosing Etheryn will give her a +10 Crit chance bonus regardless of set.
2. During The Demon of Ice quest, you can give Etheryn the Crown of Winter. This will give her Spellpower +10, Focus +25, Mental Resist +10, Magic Resist +5. Also according to the wiki, this also replaces Summon Harrick on her Outrider's Gear with Summon Valkyrie... but this doesn't happen in practice.
Preggophile's delight, but that's not what we're interested in right now.
What we are interested in is her spells and she is good at that even though her magical power is not very great. The rest bonus is an increase in the Magic Resistance (it is useful first of all for herself, since she has a good enough only mental defense), a special talent is to answer the enemy caster with a fire spell once a round. The ultimate is a debuff of the enemy with seven different effects.
Note that she is perhaps the most fragile of the companions in terms of physical and magical protection. She is also particularly afraid of the cold. Unfortunately, after version 0.5.0, she became TOO fragile, so I would not recommend her for fighting any strong opponents.

Onmyodo. Fire and blight. Using her blight attacks on living opponents, she heals herself.

Kitsune-Bi. Debuff Master. Someone might find this build useful, but not me. I did not use this build at all, in my persistent belief, bosses consume the effects lying on them too quickly for it to be very useful.

Kami-no-Michi. Fire DoT which reduces the enemy attacking force in the current version it is completely useless, because due to a bug almost any burning deals only 5 damage per turn (great nerf, developers!), shield of holy retribution (responds to EVERY melee hit, eat this, Master Whisper and Jotuns!), Blight AoE attack with minor damage, but removing enemy buffs and applying silence. There is also an evasion bonus for the whole group, but I already said what I think about this Power.
In my opinion, this particular build is the most versatile of the three and one of the best options for supplementing the abilities of a black mage.

Kanso. Kind of a mix of healer and tank. Separately, I can note the encounter power, which reduces (for entire party) all damage taken for two turns... more precisely, it introduces a cap for the strength of the hits received, forbidding the enemy attack to remove more than 10% of health. However, as I said, Kiyoko has become too fragile and may simply not live to use this ability.
Frankly, this guy is asshole. But useful asshole.

Ex-Cultist. I find it difficult to say who is more useful for the charmer PC, he or Azyrran, both are good in their own way. In addition to the moral damage to all enemies at once, I can only note the resolve heal and the fact that the damage of the Firewalk exceeds the damage of the Fireball... and the recharge is faster.
What have I forgotten? Ultimate, another AoE resolve damage, this time purely mental.

Hopknight. To be honest, I still don't know how to feel about this set. Yes, it seems solid enough (but I have not tested it in a fight with really strong opponents), I can especially note his Battle Blessing, in fact it is a renamed Ancestor's Judgment. Thus, Quin, like Atugia, can take on the damage received by allies... and unlike her, he has a shield (is it possible to consider that the student has surpassed the teacher?). He is slower than her, however (due to his low agility and possibly heavy armor), so your party will only be protected from AoE attacks towards the end of the round.
I would also note that due to low agility (and weapons with no accuracy bonus) using normal attacks is not recommended, use Heated Defense (shield strike) instead, or even better let him use Threat Manifest and the enemies attacking him will kill themselves with a fiery response.
Well, her build looks pretty good, I've heard other players praise her. Me? Well, right now I'm using an offensive PURE mage, so for me it's Agnimitra version 2.0: overall a good option, but not very productive for me.
I'll try her out later as a support for a weapon user (a spellblade for example) and add my impressions of her build here, but I wouldn't say it could happen in the near future.
Quick note: her rest perk (Arcane Infusion) is not unique, but a copy of Cait's perk (Witch and Hexblade sets), so if using Viviane, it's best to avoid using Cait in either of those two sets.

This guy was almost useless, but until the last moment I hoped that he would receive an boost as a result of the quest from the B, I didn’t want him to be cut out at all...
Long ago I heard that Berwyn was the most powerful of the companions. Well, those days are long gone, if it was true at all. For at the moment, Berwyn is perhaps the worst of all companions, his abilities do not interact very well with each other and poorly complement the abilities of other Champion's comrades. Which ones? Fire attack, arouse spell, AoE heal, summon elemental.
I would say that Ryn is better in her original outfit. Berwyn... For fire magic you have Brienne and Kiyoko, for resolve battles you will have Azyrran, Cait and Quintillus, Cait and Etheryn will help you to heal the group. Elemental? The once non-bleeding and lust-immune elemental was the object of my envy, but now it's just outdated, even Ultimate doesn't save. By the way, Ultimate... Summon's all stats +50%. A fairly noticeable summon boost, but I don't think that boosting your summon will be justified by replacing a good companion with this misunderstanding.
It is also worth noting that his Rest Bonus is not unique, a common black mage perk, so it does nothing to the group if you are a black mage yourself.

P.S. Due to the size of the text, errors are inevitable. But I still hope that there are not too many mistakes...
P.P.S. Please note, English is not my native language. So if you see when something in my words is wrong or just oddly worded... feel free to point it out to me in a PM and suggest a correction.

Update. Corrected and supplemented a little. Very little.
ANOTHER UPDATE. The details I missed were added, one of the sentences was somewhat rephrased. I won't even say that this update is the last one...
0.6.2 Update. In fact, I haven't played in over a year, so I'm far less familiar with post-0.4.28 content than I'd like, but I tried to catch up. Information about all companions has been updated based on what I know now, I also plan to supplement this a bit later when I have more information about those companions that I have not used for a long time.
Updated again. Berserkergang, clarification about the burning effect and a couple of other small details.
Update. Mostly minor fixes, the only significant one being the mention that By The Horns (Brint/Brienne's Ultimate) not only damages enemies, but also knocks them prone. Who would have thought that it would take me 15 months to mention this fact...
One more update. Azzyran and Etheryn, also a small addition regarding Arona's Ultimate.
Update. Agnimitra and Atugia, just a little Arona and Etheryn. Someday I will add something else, but it will obviously not be today.
Update. Etheryn and Quin. Also some corrections about Arona and almost cosmetic changes to Atugia, Brienne and Cait.

Last edited:

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
It's really hard to make a list for each character + set. Few people have extensively tried every single one enough to be able to compare them with each other.

Much less given that the content changes whether a set is good or bad. I found Brienne's Pyromage set to be very good, until Undermountain was released and then it became unusable (for that content, anyway). I thought I'd keep Brint as Brint for the early game and switch from Winter Knight to Pyromage after Undermountain, but inconveniently, that's when you lose the ability to transform Brint.

Different team compositions and strategies also change whether a set is good or bad. Sun Dancer Cait isn't horrible if you're using Resolve combat, but it's trash if you aren't. And in a game where one character has more value than the others (if the main character goes down, the entire team goes down), having a squishy main character might make a tanky companion massively more valuable. You might want to go for this option since having the main character tank is sort of an odd strategy (why encourage all enemies to go for your weak link?).

In the end, when choosing companions/sets and building your team, you have to use your good judgement.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Hexblade Leathers. she now has physical damage+holy+blight (it does not cover the entire spectrum, but it is good enough).
Hex-Leather Cait can (theoritically) deal any elemental dmg type. The thing is that her salamander spellblade is an exact copy of the spiraled blade. Meaning it should cycle its elemental dmg every day.

I used the editor to take a look at the actual weapon stats of our comapnions. The spiraled blade and salamander spellblade have the exact same stats and the same dmg type on different days. Problem is, that Cait is an NPC. So I don't know if her dmg actually cycles or if it's fixed.

Edit: Queenly Raiments Ryn deals a lot of dmg on regular attacks, especially considering she is a heal bot. Vs the miners 52-55 dmg, while standard Brint dealt 45-49 and Chieftain Arona dealt 58-62 dmg.

Edit 2: Kiyokos has the same weapon in all her sets, and its freaking awesome. 35 holy dmg, magical, ranged AND its scales with spellpower not with attack power. She can hit really hard, especially demons.

To be fair, you can only know these things if you play around with the editor. But I think that they deserve a mention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baggrin

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Hex-Leather Cait can (theoritically) deal any elemental dmg type.
So I don't know if her dmg actually cycles or if it's fixed.

There is a mention of this on the Companion Build List page, but I try not to mention things I'm not sure about, because the details of the game mechanics can say an emphatic NO to the brightest ideas. Take, for example, my idea of making the character a REALLY tenacious tank by collecting the maximum possible physical resistance. Alas, but it looks like things are the same here, as with the initiative - the influence of randomness exceeds the influence of your equipment... I did not make screenshots of how I was disarmed and knocked down, but trust me, it happened EVERY FUCKING TIME, regardless of that in theory I should have been completely immune to this...
0.4.18 PR 100_2.png
Wiki said:
Physical Resistance. Counters bodily attacks like tackles, charges, knockdowns, disarms, and poisons.

Edit: Queenly Raiments Ryn deals a lot of dmg on regular attacks, especially considering she is a heal bot.

HEY! Don't forget that she is a Blessing bot, not a healing bot!
As for her damage, the power of her blow, in my opinion, is leveled by frequent misses. Although, of course, here there can be all the same influence of randomness - for me Cait, being under the influence of the Blessing, more than once managed to miss the enemy with an Smite Evil attack...

Edit 2: Kiyokos has the same weapon in all her sets, and its freaking awesome. 35 holy dmg, magical, ranged AND its scales with spellpower not with attack power.

There are things that I could write, but did not consider it important or I just forgot. Damn, it seems, for three days now I have not been able to correct the mistakes made in my listing of the companion's abilities...

Once in a battle, she attacks all enemies at once, frightening them and healing allies.

As one of the examples of my completely obvious mistakes that I did not notice when I wrote and double-checked what I wrote.

She can hit really hard, especially demons.

For some reason, it seems to me that Ryn's spear also has holy damage, but I do not remember at all whether I myself decided that or read it somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingu2 and Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
For some reason, it seems to me that Ryn's spear also has holy damage, but I do not remember at all whether I myself decided that or read it somewhere.
According to the item card:

Attack: Physical, 40 penetrating, 10 frost

40 armor piercing, 10 evasion and 15 accuracy

Bladed, melee, two-handed, heavy, unique

For completions sake: her blessed bow is a regular hunting bow with 10 extra holy dmg.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
IIRC, Ryn's extra Holy damage comes from completing the quest with the ghosts of her grandparents, and applies to both her bow and her spear (and any future weapons she may obtain).
According to the wiki, Ryn gets +10 holy dmg only on Bow attacks. Afaik the scene specifically blesses the bow and specifically mentions that the bow does extra dmg.

BUT! If you reunite the banshee and the queen Ryn gets +10 crit regardless of set. Maybe thats what you remember?

TheShepard256

According to the wiki, Ryn gets +10 holy dmg only on Bow attacks. Afaik the scene specifically blesses the bow and specifically mentions that the bow does extra dmg.

BUT! If you reunite the banshee and the queen Ryn gets +10 crit regardless of set. Maybe thats what you remember?
Maybe. It's been a while since I completed it, and I don't remember all the details.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Afaik you don't get the bonus if you bone Ryn's ghost Granny

No. In this case, you do not receive a CRIT bonus.
Every resolution other than banishing Queen Atheldred gives Etheryn a +10 holy damage bonus to her Outrider's Gear.
If Synneva is accompanying you, you have a choice in how to reunite the former lovers. Choosing Etheryn will give her a +10 Crit chance bonus regardless of set on top of the holy damage bonus.
  • Their Love: Remind these two elven spirits what it means to love. Things are gonna get lewd in this tomb, what with three other elves that would have to watch. Or join in...
  • Etheryn: Help the two spirits reconcile over their grand-daughter.

UPDATE. SPOILERed