Colosseum help - Cedric

Sig_mond

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
I cannot, for the sake of my life, beat cedric. His second phase is infuriating, i'm clearly very rubbish at this game because my character is max level yet I still cant beat him. can anyone PLEASE help

Sig_mond

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
462548323_893987402672278_8278646270340688480_n.jpg

I usually bring Cait along for her healing abilities and etheryn.
My at will is deflection, then i use rend and summon hoplite figurine, plus i have unbreakable.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Go to the options menu and lower the difficulty down to story. If you still can't win past that point you may have to reevaluate your setup.

Reactions: Sig_mond

Sig_mond

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
okay I feel very stupid, I didn't know you could turn down the difficulty. With that being said, I managed to beat them.
Thank you all so much I really appreciate it.

Hello Sigmond. Don't feel bad.

• First the Colosseum is designed to provide a series of combat-focused challenges.
  • Second, the character options are easily overlooked.

There's a big difference between feeling stupid, and being stupid.
The fact that you're troubleshooting excludes you from the latter category.

Do yourself a favour if you haven't already
scroll through the options to the bottom and change

Combat Flow Default to -> Manual

so that you can control your party members (who are not summons or guests)

From what you've posted, it looks like you've made a human warrior with the soldier background while using the [Dawnsword] as one of your weapons.
Your choice of powers is sub-optimal though.

*Your encounter power (1)Summon Hoplite.
Summons scale off - Leadership - which comes from presence/gear. 28 Leadership is a bit low for using summons.
A better choice would be (6)Bullrush, a power that lets you knockdown a target, while generating high threat even if you miss

* Recharge power (1)Rend -> applies bleed which is an excellent debuff. Bleed reduces healing received by 50% and deals armor ignoring dmg.
However the bleed from (1)Rend is easily outclassed by other sources.
Equip a [Kunai] in your offhand and you can apply bleeds with your weapon attacks/powers.

* Consider using (2)Lightning Fist [Recharge 4][Melee] - an attack with +25 accuracy that deals high crushing dmg and stuns for 1 turn.
Note (2)Lightning Fist isn't a wpn atk so you can use it even while disarmed. (6)Bullrush works the same way.
The flipside however is they don't gain any bonuses applied to your wpns specifically.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.​

Feel free to ask any more game related questions.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
I had the same problem, I found that he is very weak to blight damage, which is useful for any black mages.