Colosseum Eyslaine

qwd

Dec 13, 2023
Have anyone managed to solo fight the Captain dude in Colosseum ? My critical damage thief build managed to deal with all previous fights but this man stopped me completely, his damage output is insane, he has riposte and can deal a ton of crippling debuffs, grenades barely deal damage to him and he shrugs off an Abjure like nothing with 3 action turns per round

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I'm playing on Dark and his health literally doesn't move. He's level 10 with a 60% damage reduction perk alongside health regen so it seems pretty insurmountable at the moment.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Story mode should make him beatable. Haven't tried it as didn't know there was any more single fights after sexy horse lady.

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
On a journey
Haven't done these fights yet, but here are some thoughts I have.
critical damage thief build
his damage output is insane
You're a thief built for DPS so it's likely your defenses and resistances are low which is why his damage output feels that bad.
he has riposte
Switch off melee and try using thrown/ranged weapons or switch to spells.
can deal a ton of crippling debuffs
If they're that bad, use the stance power Equilibrium w/ the Silver Mask to be immune to them.
grenades barely deal damage to him
Ley grenades have always stunk imo, but if you're using items don't forget you can prebuff with certain ones. Not sure if you can't for that fight though.
he shrugs off Abjure like nothing with 3 action turns per round
If you're going Abjure with Twist the Knife, you're only getting 2 full rounds of uninterrupted DPS. Try switching to Charmer for Expert Inspiration and use Unbreakable instead. Doing this will net you 6 full rounds of uninterrupted DPS and also give you time to set up buffs to do more dps like Song of Storms, Blessing, Charge Weapon, etc. Of course, this is only uninterruptible if he isn't constantly disabling you with disarm or stuns.

I think a dual wield spellblade Charmer with a kunai (for the bleed) and Unbreakable should be able to out DPS his regen and be able to knock him out within 6 turns. But I feel that something like this also would delete anything.

Last edited: