Codices for new races?

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
I read the event writers guide but couldn't find any specific regulations about submitting codices for new races.

Are community writers in general discouraged or banned from introducing new races? Or do the TITS standards apply?

I haven't written or prepared anything yet. Just thought I should check if that is even desirable content in the first place, before starting to invest time.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
You better have a LOT written if you're going to propose a new race. No just writing races, no writing races that only have a single 20 page NPC.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
History, background, field encounters, TF items, at least half a dozen NPCs with one being plot-relevant. No problem.

(Alright, that might be more than expected for a Codex race. But it wouldn't be a bad target to shoot for...)

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
The point is the race should both add and have more than a singular staple. The only character currently that’s isolated ismaybe Ninian. That’s only due to other content that was coming with him not releasing.

The TLDR is you should have a lot written to justify new races.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It's okay to just have one NPC -- a couple of races just have one NPC (wyverns, mothfolk). But it absolutely does need to be a full-featured NPC or combat encounter. We won't be accepting races without at least that much content to justify them.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Thank you all for taking the time to answer.

The reason I brought this up in the first place is because I wanted to try writing a specific enemy encounter (a golem made out of tentacles) with 3-4 sex scenes. Would that count as full-featured or is there more to it?

I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'd like to try. If I can take that hurdle, I'll see about writing an NPC and the codex. I think there would be merit in expanding it into a full race. I'd enjoy that.

In any case, either I'll fail to produce something presentable for the enemy encounter and you won't hear back about this at all or I'll open a thread in submissions once I'm finished with at least two sex scenes and the general outline of the encounter.

I hope that sounds reasonable?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
That encounter sounds fine, but I'm not sure that a golem needs a codex; we have several constructs of various types in the game already.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
That encounter sounds fine, but I'm not sure that a golem needs a codex; we have several constructs of various types in the game already.

The codex would be for the new race the NPC belongs to. I'd like for it to be a race that uses unintelligent tentacles instead of machinery or weapons. The golems would be made out of those unintelligent tentacles and sent out as scouts to map and patrol the area.

Reactions: Savin