Codex entry about how JoyCo had a more sinister side?

veganbuilder

Jan 15, 2023
I swear to god I once read a few paragraphs about how JoyCo's nursedroids were used to keep un-uplifted planets' colonists and natives indebted to them by having them be the only form of healthcare on newly discovered planets, but now I can't find it??? If anybody could please help me find it I'd be really happy thx.

TheShepard256

Sorry, but I can't corroborate this - while JoyCo does send its V-Ko nursedroids to Rush planets, and those droids do charge for their services (50 credits, which I think is fairly cheap), there's no implication that it's trying to make those planets reliant upon JoyCo for health services. Besides, that tactic wouldn't work on planets that already have their own healthcare - and most if not all would have that in some form, even if only as what we would call traditional medicine.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Colenso Rumor said:
“They’re putting those V-KO units everywhere now. I bet you’ve met one yourself. Robot servants of a giant corporation that tend to you when you are at your most vulnerable. Every planet one giant Petri-dish for their newest experimental drugs.” Colenso shakes his head sadly at the gullibility of the galaxy at large. “You know they react to certain commands? Most folks just try and work out which ones will make them have it off with you. Me, I’m more interested what happens if you give ‘em commands like “begin invasion”. Or “release virus”. Or “electro”.”
Maybe?