CoC2 Wiki

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Hi, everybody. I used to do a lot of the work on the FoE wiki.

I noticed that there's an error with the main page on the CoC2 wiki. There isn't a page created that the "Enemies" section can link to in order to populate that section. Companions links to Companion Characters, Persistent Characters links to Persistent Characters, so should Enemies link to Enemy Characters? Since FoE's wiki wasn't being worked on by too many people, I had to decide most things like this. However, CoC2 is new and definitely being worked on. I wanted to know what the consensus was before creating a Category page.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Okay. I'll be doing my best to keep things consistent. I've already seen problems with people using different labels on the wiki instead of checking to see if one already existed. I'll probably just do what I did with the FoE page and post what I'm doing each day on the thread. That way, people know what's been worked on already.

Today's Changes:
  • Created page for Category:Male
  • Created page for Category:Female
  • Created page for Category:Enemy characters
  • Added a "Drops" section to the Cultist page.
  • https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Category:Ennemies Needs to be deleted, for the obvious reason if it being a typo that someone else seems to have made.
  • https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Category:Hostiles - Needs to be deleted. It doesn't fit with the phrasing of the Companion Characters category. This was why I went with Enemy characters. Now that that page is created; this is redundant.
  • Fixed categories on Master Tollus page.
  • Kasyrra page - Added Enemy characters category.

Last edited:

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Is anyone able to get images for the Cultists? It would be nice to have that on their Wiki page.

phrenetik

Oct 10, 2016
i did some if not most of the initial work there but im not that good with wiki coding and was done at the initial release

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
If you want to continue working on the wiki, that'd be great. It would be nice if I could learn what codes I can do on the pages, like resizing an image in an art section of a page. Anyways, I post a list of what I've done, so that if anyone else wishes to work on the wiki, they know what changes I've made. That way, we can compare and make sure that the pages all flow together with a consistent layout and terms being used.

Reactions: wallpaper

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Oh neat, thanks. The more help we get with the wiki, the better. I'd love to do more myself but I'm kinda buried under writing/reviewing content as you might expect.

If you need anything done from the admin side don't hesitate to @Me.
edit Oh wow there was actually a user named Me sorry about the ping :|

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Is there any way to check the stats on an item? I was working on the "Dagger" page. I created a "Description" section that uses the in-game text to describe the item, but that's all that I can find in-game about it.

Today's Changes:

Last edited:
Reactions: S0m3m0n

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
A dagger can also be purchased from Ogrish for 25EP.

During attacks, it primarily appears to be thrown. "You aim at the harpy with your dagger" -- it doesn't appear to use ammunition/leave your inventory if you throw it. Not sure if this is linked to stats and levels, but on a regular hit mine does -22HP, and -31HP on a crit.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I haven't run into Ogrish. You can pay them 25 EC to get a Dagger though? I don't know why you put EP. Isn't the acronym E (something) Coins?

The in-game description does cover that you can throw it. I would imagine that the damage is affected by your level. I was hoping to have some specific "stats" on the weapon.

I came across harpies in the game. The page: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Harpy seems to be referring to harpies from the original game. How much of this translates over to CoC2 though? Do I need to just delete all of it and put in information pertaining to CoC2?

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
  • Created page for Category:Male
  • Created page for Category:Female
I would advise against using these categories and instead using the same system as the TiTS Wiki a character traits: Masculine, Feminine, Penises, Vaginas amongst a few others that can be seen here: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Category:Characters

Otherwise you're likely to spend a significant ammount of time correcting other peoples mistakes or having to deal with dumb arguments on peoples personal interpertation of what sex/gender is. This is mostly because of these games sexual derivatives being far larger than normal and you would have to define these two categories. It's much easier to go for more basic categories, rather than trying to apply these categories to these sex-based settings.

Example of a issue: What characters should go or not into the Male category:
  • Masculine men
  • Hermaphrodites(both masculine or feminine)
  • Dickgirls
  • People that identify as male, but have no penises (neuters and cuntboys/cuntmen).
  • FtM Transgenders(with vagina, without dick)
  • Character with ovipositors.
  • Female identifying, feminine characters that technically have sperm sacs inside their pseudo-vags.

Reactions: wallpaper and Kesil

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I haven't run into Ogrish. You can pay them 25 EC to get a Dagger though? I don't know why you put EP. Isn't the acronym E (something) Coins?

The in-game description does cover that you can throw it. I would imagine that the damage is affected by your level. I was hoping to have some specific "stats" on the weapon.

I came across harpies in the game. The page: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Harpy seems to be referring to harpies from the original game. How much of this translates over to CoC2 though? Do I need to just delete all of it and put in information pertaining to CoC2?

Ogrish can be encountered in the north west alley, during regular shop hours.

Is it EC? I have too much D&D on the brain: I was translating to "electrum pieces". Whoops!

If you go to to writing guide in the submissions sub-forum, there should be a link to a Google doc listing damage and weapon types, among other things. "Thrown" appears to be a specific tag that affects the object's game mechanic, though I haven't seen the option to toggle between using it as a thrown vs. stabbing weapon yet. Maybe not implemented?

Hmm, the harpy page doesn't look super applicable to the new game. I read somewhere that most monsters won't be mono-gendered... It's probably just that no male avians are yet written for the game? Not sure, though. We may have to wait until they have built up the functionality of the codex and populated it with harpy facts!

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
@Lashcharge I'll need to make that change then. Someone else had put in the categories for Male and Female. All that I had done was create the pages. I will need to go through and create pages for those other categories, and then request for the male and female pages to be deleted.

@wallpaper Yeah. It was Electrum Coins. I just labeled it as "coins" when putting in "Drops" for the Cultists. I can re-label it as Electrum Coins though. I'll have to check that Google doc that you're referring to, so I can get the most accurate information put in. I just have the weapon type as "Melee". I have the slot as "Primary Weapon" since that's what slot it's in in-game. I figured that the Harpy page will need to be revamped. There will be a codex implemented with CoC2 though? I didn't see one in-game. I do love that function in TiTS.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
"Not sure yet" on most counts. I'm picking up bits and pieces from discord and the comments left in various threads. Want I should try to consolidate findings into the wiki as I spot it? Most of it is hear-say and/or not implemented yet.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
If it's official, but not in-game, then that's fine. There is that page for Kiyoko, despite it stating that she isn't implemented yet.

I wasn't able to find any information on weapon stats in the guides for writers. It did talk about stats for your character, but there wasn't some list of items and their stats.

Last edited:

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
What is the consensus on Regions vs Locations? I created https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Template:Infobox_CoC2Location so we can use the Infobox on any locations, but I see the categories "Regions" and "Locations" both used on Hawkerthorne. My assumption is that Hawkerthorne would fall under both, since it's a region, yet it would have multiple locations inside of it. Does that sound correct? We could add a part to the infobox that states which region a location is in.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
What is the consensus on Regions vs Locations? I created https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Template:Infobox_CoC2Location so we can use the Infobox on any locations, but I see the categories "Regions" and "Locations" both used on Hawkerthorne. My assumption is that Hawkerthorne would fall under both, since it's a region, yet it would have multiple locations inside of it. Does that sound correct? We could add a part to the infobox that states which region a location is in.

A region is an area defined by the overworld map. The Foothills would be a region.

A location is a place, usually [enter]able from a region. An old tower in the Foothills would b a location.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Electrum Coins.

Items have stats, but they aren't visible yet due to the inventory UI being a WIP. I'd hold off on trying to implement stats on the wiki for now.

Yeah you should probably just replace it all.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Electrum Coins.

Items have stats, but they aren't visible yet due to the inventory UI being a WIP. I'd hold off on trying to implement stats on the wiki for now.

Yeah you should probably just replace it all.

Okay. I'll go ahead and wait until that information is in-game then. :) I'll change any "Coins" references to "Electrum Coins".

I'll go ahead and do that for the Harpy page. I had a feeling that none of it would carry over, but I wanted to make sure before removing it.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
A region is an area defined by the overworld map. The Foothills would be a region.

A location is a place, usually [enter]able from a region. An old tower in the Foothills would b a location.

So, like I was saying. Hawkethorne would be a Region, and it would have locations inside of it. I'll create a "Region" section in the Infobox for "Locations" then.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Today's Changes:

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
If only we had someone so dedicated to maintaining the TiTS wiki. That thing went untouched for months, and the only reason something was done was because someone stood up and said "hey, maybe we should, like, update this?"

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
If only we had someone so dedicated to maintaining the TiTS wiki. That thing went untouched for months, and the only reason something was done was because someone stood up and said "hey, maybe we should, like, update this?"
:) I did the same thing for the FoE wiki. It was pretty barren before I touched it a couple years ago. When I started working on it again, the links were all broken. I fixed it all and basically fleshed out the whole wiki. After I started working on the CoC2 wiki, I did take a look at the FoE wiki for a reference. It seems like things are broken again. I get the feeling it has to do with Infoboxes not existing anymore. I don't feel like working on it again. Right now, I'd rather work on a project that is currently ongoing.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Should "Harpy Thief" get its own page? This would be akin to the "Cultist" having its own page. Similar information would go into this. I would need someone to upload an image of them if this were to happen. I did make a page for the "Harpies" race. I used the "Harpy Matron" image for that page.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Today's Changes:

Last edited: