coc2 fanfic / champion x quin

beekay

Jan 2, 2020
this isn't actually my writing but a close friend of mine who is shy and doesn't wanna post it themselves so they gave me permission to do so. they talked about a glitch with quin that every other day they walked into the tavern, quin's holiday event dialogue would trigger and we all joked that he just wanted to get into the champion's pants/ really liked their oc.. so they wrote about it!

their champion is named kravix, an orc with the aesthetic of a princess who believes in the power of love and friendship!!

“Quin, I think this is the eighth time you’ve said it was a holiday,” Kravix paused in the middle of stroking the taeleer’s hair, “I’m starting to wonder if maybe you’re making them up.”

“Half off drinks day is no joke,” Quintillus said, a lazy smirk on his face despite wanting to be taken seriously. The orc pouted, and his eyes dropped away from her face. He ignored her whines for little more than a few moments before he asked, “Something wrong with how many holidays I’m celebrating?”

“Um, well, it just strikes me as odd, is all.”

Quin’s ears flattened against his head, his eyes still refusing to meet Kravix’s. He pulled his arms over his face as though he intended to doze off, but instead it only muffled the sound of his next words, “Perhaps I’ve exaggerated the number of taeleer holidays.”

“I assumed,” the orc smiled a little before resuming stroking his hair. “But why?” He grumbled (though he leaned against her hand) something out, though she didn’t understand what it was. She hummed in a probing manner and let her fingers trace along his ears like he enjoyed.

Suddenly, his head pressed backwards to her shoulder, shooting an exaggerated glare at the orc, “What, you trying to make me talk or something?”

“I just wanted to know.”

“It’s ruining my image.”

“I thought you wouldn’t mind that.” Especially since it seemed his image was related to the cult he left.

They were at a stalemate. As though trying to make up his mind on whether to speak or to head downstairs, the rabbit-eared man finally decided to sigh heavily instead. “Listen, I’m very independent. I’ve been out of my parent’s home for, hell, maybe a decade. I can take care of myself. I don’t need a nosy noble poking her nose in my business.”

Kravix’s gaze finally dropped away from him, at least having the shame to look chastized, “I’m sorry…”

“...That being said, uh. Maybe, sometimes…” he huffed out an annoyed snort, and the orc noticed color rising on his cheeks, “...When I see you, I feel. I dunno. Happy, I guess. Knowing you’re okay makes me feel better.”

Unfortunately for him, she couldn’t hold back the hug she pulled him into. They were, almost immediately, cheek to cheek as she snuggled him, “That’s so sweet!”

“Don’t crush me, sheesh,” despite his whining, he rested an arm on hers as she clung to him. Yet, as Kravix enjoyed her cuddle session, her partner’s wiggling made her release her grip almost instinctually (being with someone almost two feet smaller than her meant a lot of being careful). He twisted in her grip until he finally faced her. “You know, I still haven’t given you a gift for all these holidays.”

Her eyes widened as her mouth curled into a frown, “Y, you got me a gift? But I didn’t get you anything!”

“C’mon, I’m not gonna be so stingy as to not give you something for tolerating me bothering you every other time you come back to the inn,” his hand reached for the bedstand, pushing himself up by his elbows and pulling open the door. A small bundle wrapped with linen and tied with twine was pushed into the orc’s hands, “Thanks.”

Again, her enthusiasm got the better of her. Without even opening it, she kissed the top of his head several times before his ears thwacked her in the face. She giggled, her fingers loosening the string and removing the small gift: a leather strap with what appeared to be a deep red and black marble attached to it. Had Quin made this? She was nearly overwhelmed by the desire to cuddle him again. “No, thank you! It’s pretty, I like it.”

“Heh, thanks… I didn’t know how you’d feel about the colors,” his cheeks were red again, the color near drowning the pinks of his eyes. “I, uh, kinda had an enchantment on it, too.”

“You did?”

“Y, yeah. Uh, it kinda… it sort of syncs up with your heartbeat, and, uh,” he lifted one of his wrists, a leather strap holding the same sort of sphere buried in the thick fur around his hand, “it gets transmitted to me. Uh, doesn’t work if you don’t wear it, though, so if you think that’s creepy, you can just bury it in your pack.”

Without a moment to think, she looped it around her neck and grinned at the taeleer. Now it was his turn to be overtaken by his emotions; he launched himself at the orc, burying his face in her short and curly hair. Hopefully this was going to mean less holidays that Quin came up with just to relieve his loneliness. Though, she supposed that if she could get more treatment like this, she wasn’t going to complain.