CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I would think about new challenges for soul arena. Certainlly not want put something for a sake of it been higher lvl one fights and simple copy paste to give higher lvl's would be too easy and giving feeling I cheating players thing. IF I not feel too brain dead today would try put something new (braindead cuz of my RL work ofc not work on mod ;) )

Reactions: Agrok

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Finished writing a small doc featuring the ability to score sneak attack. Will test newest closed beta today and probably see about Yggy this week.

Reactions: Ormael and Zavos

Zavos

May 7, 2016
What about a enemy whose stats and level scale off the PC's level? You would probably need several equations for different level brackets, but it could be the ideal leveling partner. Make it a miniboss with giant, and it could vary well be the leveler's challenge.

Rift is perfectly viable for second life plus, when you could become top tier at low levels with minimal effort. On first life, despite my various attempts, its become something of a exercise in frustration. I can defeat rift stuff at low level, but not consistently enough to validate the xp gain, which despite being relatively good is still lacking without underdog. Plus, since children are no longer the promised gateway to ascension godhood, i feel a bit pressured to grind until i drop, which feels very stressful.

Reactions: Ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Done yesterday evening arouse arrows stuff+reworked way stafffs works with staff channeling perk bought.

Today: venom arrows, way to pack into sky pearl part of cabin ^^

Last edited:

Shade of Zurn

Sep 21, 2016
Zevos that sounds very cheaty to be honest. A giant that loves fighting so much and believes you to be their rival? Too good to be true honestly.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Done yesterday evening arouse arrows stuff+reworked way stafffs works with staff channeling perk bought.

Today: venom arrows, way to pack into sky peral part of cabin ^^

Random question: any plans for interaction between staff channeling and large weapon perks?

Zevos that sounds very cheaty to be honest. A giant that loves fighting so much and believes you to be their rival? Too good to be true honestly.

It is sort of cheaty. But then, so is Dr. Lash. :catte:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Leveling enemy with PC would be...umm probably need to be enough not specific t be explainable why it can go from lvl 1 to lvl 150. Only one I can come with atm is some sort of Goo-girl/boy that would keep growing not only in lvl's after been beaten up but slowly in size too.

Later on - probably in 2017 I will put something that will make Underdog really feel it's something more that easy source for EXP - Liadri know something on this plan too.

Atm Staff with staff channeling perk will not make it automaticaly as range weapon still keeping it melee type. Just magic bolt will be made as m. special. So that now makes mw wonder what you had in mind about staff and large weapon interactions? As to make staffs count as Large aka 2h weapons?

Shade of Zurn

Sep 21, 2016
A gladiator who wants to be the best and will be unavailable for a few days while going out to get stronger would make more sense and be more viable; hopefully?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes it's helpful Shade. Btw best way to maximize exp gain from enemy for certain lvl? Gvie it perks: Boss, Group, Gigant, Shield User monster exclusive perks ^^

That would be probably to make enemy that is group of gigantic bosses using shields :catte::allears::smuggo:

Ultier

May 1, 2016
Hi all,

First thank you the good work.

I'm here to report (at least) two bugs : when you defeat satyr in plains and male spider morph in swamp I got a screen who ask what to do to them, but don't have any answer avaible, not even "leave", so i'm stuck at this screen and need to restart the game.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Holli's tree keeps growing despite having shut down the factory, instead of overflowing the take and corrupting Marae. Is this intended? and if yes, is there a future plan to purify Holli?

Shade of Zurn

Sep 21, 2016
Yes that is tainted but not corrupt Holli. Marae used her to dump off all the corruption that was messing with her onto her offspring. As for further purification I dunno what Ormael intends.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I heard something, I'm not sure if there on in the discord chat about an expansion on Ember content. Is said content an addition of the standard (Tainted) Ember, or a way to unlock his Pure-Corrupt variants?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Ultier Yes that was bug that author of Etna noticed shortly after release of last version so it was fixed. Still thx for been so good and noticing it before new build come out.

@Coalsack as Shade said it's the other one version of Holli so you will always get her - depends if she more or less corrupted (well technicaly the old one aka that was before is counted as imp and this new one from still not corrupted Marae is one with sould Holli). Probably would in future add option to purify her even more. About EMber expnasion it would probably Ember-related dungeon you may heard. For Pure/Corrupted froms...it may never happen or we need to talk to QB/LD if their got some contnet for those version saved up somewhere

@Shade of Zurn Well in theory i sould cool but to come with reasonable explanation to who would be such enemy that is a harder part.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Given that all of us hatched Ember by now, this purification-corruption of him would need an alternate method, in case of it ever happens, of course.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Leveling enemy with PC would be...umm probably need to be enough not specific t be explainable why it can go from lvl 1 to lvl 150. Only one I can come with atm is some sort of Goo-girl/boy that would keep growing not only in lvl's after been beaten up but slowly in size too.

Later on - probably in 2017 I will put something that will make Underdog really feel it's something more that easy source for EXP - Liadri know something on this plan too.

Atm Staff with staff channeling perk will not make it automaticaly as range weapon still keeping it melee type. Just magic bolt will be made as m. special. So that now makes mw wonder what you had in mind about staff and large weapon interactions? As to make staffs count as Large aka 2h weapons?
Perhaps a soul cultivator PC (keeping in mind that at higher generally obtainable levels, it isn't too hard to branch off a little into soul cultivator) could purchase and customize a golem to serve as a sparring partner and gradually improve it, increasing its base stats to keep up with level. For soul stones, of course. Integrating a goo component might be a idea for setting it apart from the run of the mill stoneheads. Perhaps after the golem reaches a threshold, it could be rented out to the Arena proper and net the PC some income?

At the moment, staff channeling and large weapon use are mutually exclusive. If some way of making them more compatible were added, the warrior/sorc multiclass would be all the better for it.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Perhaps a soul cultivator PC (keeping in mind that at higher generally obtainable levels, it isn't too hard to branch off a little into soul cultivator) could purchase and customize a golem to serve as a sparring partner and gradually improve it, increasing its base stats to keep up with level. For soul stones, of course. Integrating a goo component might be a idea for setting it apart from the run of the mill stoneheads. Perhaps after the golem reaches a threshold, it could be rented out to the Arena proper and net the PC some income?

At the moment, staff channeling and large weapon use are mutually exclusive. If some way of making them more compatible were added, the warrior/sorc multiclass would be all the better for it.

OK would think over this ideas. And for staff channeling and 2H/Large weapons you suggesting making some (Needlessly)Large Staff? xD
Eventualy making weapon that is generaly more looking like large weapon but can work as staff in regards to been compatibile with Staff Channeling perk.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
OK would think over this ideas. And for staff channeling and 2H/Large weapons you suggesting making some (Needlessly)Large Staff? xD
Eventualy making weapon that is generaly more looking like large weapon but can work as staff in regards to been compatibile with Staff Channeling perk.
My thoughts are along the lines of a perk that adds the large tag to weapons used, but with a drawback of some kind.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Drawback may be that even if made into large weapons staff would not be able deal such dmg as sword or axe due to missing cutting edge and at beast dmg would still be from smashing like a club or mace that may not be best way to solve it. That not rule out I would come with something along lines you said.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I always thought on large staffs being used as polearms, while shorter ones working as wands.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Say that again to the scythe I'm adding in game as part of Alvina doc.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes I see point in make staffs been "divided" as Coalsack saying at least in some way to be this way. SO we not gonna have pitful whole 3 diff staffs for CoC as we got now.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The thing about staves is that staff channeling makes their attack magical. It wouldn't matter so much if its a dinky wand or a badass scythe on if it can produce an attack dramatic enough to be considered "large". The scythe in question might need its own special attack blurbs for it to be properly large after channeling.

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
There's a game breaking bug with the Male Spider-morphs in the swamp and Satyrs in the plains.

Upon defeating them there are no button, forcing me to close the game.

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
@Ultier Yes that was bug that author of Etna noticed shortly after release of last version so it was fixed. Still thx for been so good and noticing it before new build come out.

@Coalsack as Shade said it's the other one version of Holli so you will always get her - depends if she more or less corrupted (well technicaly the old one aka that was before is counted as imp and this new one from still not corrupted Marae is one with sould Holli). Probably would in future add option to purify her even more. About EMber expnasion it would probably Ember-related dungeon you may heard. For Pure/Corrupted froms...it may never happen or we need to talk to QB/LD if their got some contnet for those version saved up somewhere

@Shade of Zurn Well in theory i sould cool but to come with reasonable explanation to who would be such enemy that is a harder part.

What I remember about Ember the author was setting up Pure Ember to be loving, but sex hungry with Corrupted being putting his/her's own pleasure over the PC. Wish I saved the author's google doc of it from back then (wasn't finished either way).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
On satyrs and male spider morphs bug wil be fixed in next 24 hours with new version. ALso if some would see same thing with satyr it's also taken care of too.

@Kharn it was two authors: QuietBrowser and LucaDoc (typed without checing nick so...I hope I not mistype their nicks). Their still around forum actively on enough level to talk with them on this matter. After few weeks when I get to moment when I not have any major plans for next added content will contact them about Ember pure/corrupted versions.