CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Shade of Zurn

Sep 21, 2016
Well I also had channel weapon going and it was doing more damage than whitefire. o.o Was just using the magic bolt attack in the current official release.

Reactions: Ormael

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
@Shade of Zurn Staff with staff channeling perk bought getting large bonus to dmg when used as melee weapon under might effect or some other situation?

@Wicas Now tht picked my interest how it would looks finished the thing you working on atm.

@Etis Way the dmg for m.bolt dmg is counted in Revamp is slight odd for me. I mean I get puzzled how come high speed helps cast stronger magic bolt. Swinging staff faster may not increase speed of bolt itself...probably. So what I felt was that bolt damage should be mainly affected by intelligence and spell power with other factors have smaller importance her compared to int/spell power.

I'm also redoing the bonus stats for races. I did it for Kitteh's mod (I think I spelled is user correctly.) but that was a long time ago. Currently I'm abusing debug want and the Coc editor to also do this. I'm also going to be spamming you with questions over the next week.

Also, just add a flipping menu that allows the PC to switch between the normal melee attacks and the magic bolt attack. Think of it like the double attack options menu, and have it locate dint eh same place. Might, double attack, charged weapon, and over all any attacks that relate to melee, excluding speed. I don't know if the code or game engine has been tweaked like this but... Just make staff channeling a different "class" of damage altogether so it's easier to void the melee related perks so they do not affect the output damage once it's calculated. I would hard cap the spell effect multiplier on it at 90%-100%, if it's used in the equation.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I can then use accuracy check from archery to m.bolt. Still the main thing is that I fele unese to move back m.bolt to melee slot if it range attack. And with it been melee range attack what point of accuracy as at point blank it would be miracle if PC miss the enemy with bolt :D
Well, I've offered to change perk to work as bound blade attached to staff so it would be melee but with same non-physical damage.

Cowardly_chaplain

Sep 4, 2015
Oi, lads, I've been thinking of possibilities like fighting the foes with two weapons, since the protagonist Champion has two arms. In various fantasy novels and movies, etc the hero fights with two swords/guns/pikes, etc. One of the first things came up is Dishonored 1 & 2 where the hero is using black magic with sword and firearms at a time.

2. There will be more lovers and followers at PC' camp? And special Outfits and special weapons? I have some ideas and writings if I'll get the green light.

Last edited:

Cowardly_chaplain

Sep 4, 2015
Magic's 'aint my cup of tea, I've been thinking of sword in one hand and pistol in other, or two guns in two hands at a time.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
A new job i'm workig on will be vary friendly to hybrid playstyles, particularly gun and light melee users.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yes and the basic and useful attack for a mage would be a ranged bolt of magic.
Well, yes, but it has a problem: magic bolt is ranged, staff is melee. Though... It can be resolved this way: if you have staff in the melee slot and nothing in ranged, you have magic bolt as ranged attack.

Cowardly_chaplain

Sep 4, 2015
A new job i'm workig on will be vary friendly to hybrid playstyles, particularly gun and light melee users.
Yippee

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Wicas Ahh so next on the table things you interested will be race bonuses. Well for sure will you those for 0.7f but next one version will make almost al of them utdated. But that like around 6-8 weeks away case at least.

@Etis Yeah if it was that no range weapon in it slot and PC got staff as melee with perk staff channeling I not against putting m.bolt into range slot attack default form. What would be then with cases PC put something in range slot too? On that other option I would look on it (I feel it's doable and all I need is some spare time to think how to add it to current not the cleanest code ^^) as I now undertanding it would be as adding magic fmrd blade that would use old form dmg caltulation of m.bolt? (If I lil bit misuunderstood than forgive me by last...umm 3-4 days in work making me brain dead at moment I leaving work to go back home and it will continue to probably some where near end of January ^^)

@Cowardly_chaplain There will be sort of dual wielding thing in next build. Not many option will be in dual version yet but it would be still something to start with for those that want to try make badass dualwielding minotaur axes PC (I looking at ya Liadri :p )

Reactions: Agrok

Zavos

May 7, 2016
@LukaDoc @Quiet Browser I'm writing a kobold slave, also using details from EmberQuest, and the kobold codex entery. Do you have any objections to this?

The premise is he has a spiritual mutation that gives him a degree of corruption resistance. He gets injured and exiled from Katharja's domain. If the PC saves him, the outcast imprints on the PC and becomes instantly loyal. clothing/gender customizeable, can be trained for functions based on PC's history. Might also want to write some interaction with Ember you both have no objections, but he won't have any interaction with EmberQuest, aside from some aftermath conversation paths. Also, only if you're okay with it, half dragon children/pregnancies between a male outcast/female dragon champ or female outcast/male dragon champ.

Bottom 3 Pages

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Most if not all stuff from Ember was written down by QB/LD duo team so as long their both agree I think it's all you need to have Zevos.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
@Etis Yeah if it was that no range weapon in it slot and PC got staff as melee with perk staff channeling I not against putting m.bolt into range slot attack default form. What would be then with cases PC put something in range slot too? On that other option I would look on it (I feel it's doable and all I need is some spare time to think how to add it to current not the cleanest code ^^) as I now undertanding it would be as adding magic fmrd blade that would use old form dmg caltulation of m.bolt? (If I lil bit misuunderstood than forgive me by last...umm 3-4 days in work making me brain dead at moment I leaving work to go back home and it will continue to probably some where near end of January ^^)
If PC has nothing in ranged slot, he has "Magic Bolt" attack instead of the ranged attack on the second button. It works exactly like old Magic Bolt. If PC has something placed in the ranged slot, he can use Magic Bolt from magic specials. Even if used from the specials menu, it still counts as a basic attack. It can benefit from spell multiplier and ranged multi-attack perk.

Melee attack, disregard of the ranged slot, is replaced with a "Bound Glaive" attack, which is a melee attack but based on intelligence instead of strength, not benefiting from strength perks, benefiting from spell multiplier and multi-attack perk and ignoring armor inherently.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Small news but Diva pre-camp part is finished. I'm currently working on Chi Chi the Hinezumi martial art teacher (because we don't need jojo for that).

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Done some small work on kitsunes changes and today...should be finaly that Kindra work I wante to do since 2 days ago ofc all with mostly placeholders for some scenes I will not yet fully write so testers can test mechanics put on her while I would write texts on slower pace that coding her all stuff aside texts. *image of testers qq-ing on placeholders in any single scen of Kindra - shrugs umm maybe I should put some primitive caveman texts still there*

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
so looking forwards to the kitsune stuff but i got a idea today what about snowy owl harpys (or just morphs) for the glacial rift?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@ShifterDreams Make gdoc, write down ideas and then send me or Lia link to it or just post link here in thread. Will keep my thumbs up for your success of doing all that so we can have snow harpies ^^ (damn with that speed soon I will need to split ice related enc into two areas xD)

Zalzany

Sep 9, 2015
So is there a list of stuff for this somewhere guess I am spoiled from CoC and TiTs having at least decent wiki info at any time I played but I played a bit minus level increases I can't tell what has been tweaked especially combat wise. Like I got soulforce but have yet to see an attack or anything use it. I saw ranged was added in with new weapons for it but I got no clue how any of it works. Normally I would check a wiki or stumble through it trial and error but like I said I played it for over an hour never understood what soulforce was really for...

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
So is there a list of stuff for this somewhere guess I am spoiled from CoC and TiTs having at least decent wiki info at any time I played but I played a bit minus level increases I can't tell what has been tweaked especially combat wise. Like I got soulforce but have yet to see an attack or anything use it. I saw ranged was added in with new weapons for it but I got no clue how any of it works. Normally I would check a wiki or stumble through it trial and error but like I said I played it for over an hour never understood what soulforce was really for...
that's still kinda in the works...

Nov 8, 2016
@Zalzany Most things are done through perks. Jobs are like opening a skill tree, you get related perks as you go through your tree. So for soulforce you need to first have the soul cultivator job and then you have to find He'Xin'Dao which is a random event when you do explore -> explore

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Spike razor Not much...working on kitsune+Ayane and Kindra lately.

@Zalzany Wiki is mater I need find someone who would liek to take job of looking over it while having direct source of new data to add/edit delivered by me from time to time. On range fight you need to get some range weapon to been able use range fight option. And then teach under Kelt to have enought accuracy to hit enemy. As for soulfoce it have in current version 2 based on str skills and one heal skill all learnable from manuals buyable in new villige foundable under explore. Next version will ad two more skills based on int.

Also for getting some info aside wiki you could visit mods discord server. People present there usualy are able to answer your questions.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks for concern about me Spike. I noticed it and that makes me feel better.

Still there will be probably some short break after 0.7f come out so I could for a moment get slight away form working on mod to get a proper perspective to it. Unless there would be reports of some mega annoying bugs that would make me go back to patch them and go back to laziness (for few days).

Fishspider666

Oct 20, 2015
The only annoying bugs that I have encountered is when ascending you seem to have an outdated version of the permanent perks menu because when on like ng++++ I managed to not have a way to go back a menu so as to actually ascend with permanent perks. Later lost the file but attached is an image of me recreating the situation using coced to give me a bunch of permeable perks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
ill try my best though im not the best writer >> though as its a variant on the harpy could i mainly copy from there?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Fishspider666 Ok would put this thing on the table to check. As it should not make game cover back button with permable perks options.

@ShifterDreams You could come to discord to get help from others with working on this. If you interested in joining let me or Liadri know and we will help you get on that discord server.

Last edited: