CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Lunaraia

Oct 31, 2015
Yeah, got the dual wield perk. Still can't equip it.
And I missed the 'sex' bit, now I feel stupid.

As a Jiangshi you can't change your equipment at all, you are too stiff from rigor mortis, it's one of the balancing downsides from the absolutely bonkers strength stat.

spartanalex

Feb 21, 2019
Not sure what stage you are at and not sure exactly which one does it, but to complete it just go through the hidden cave (circle the first floor a few times since the map is a little funky, just keep taking new paths if they appear), go down, beat the Dragon Boi, pull lever and go into the newly revealed chambers (you can see it on the map). Pick up all 15 pills to trigger another fight in the middle of the new rooms (this nets you the 5 Coloured Pearl, the real treasure for first time around). This should complete the quest.

If not, go out to random locations until Dragon Boi appears, win and he drops a Jade Talisman. Make sure you joined the adventurer guild in He-Xin-Dao (it's a prerequisite for progress), go back to Hidden Cave and go downstairs. You can something new there. Declare yourself its new master, then go back to the Guild and post a retrieval job. Then just wait about 10 days, the guild will deliver a guy to help you get your new acquisition out and back to camp. That is everything you can really do there. If it still isn't working, go back and steal everything from all the crates (dump stuff into your Sky Pearl/Cosmos bag if you wanna sell it, one of the crates contains a lot of end-game materials but you can re-buy them from the jewellers so it isn't too important to keep)
Its not working Ive got the amulet, Cleaned out the cave, did a few adventurer quests and even got the dream that said to go to the hidden cave and still nothing is happening.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
So a thing I have been doing to avoid losing my mind in quarantine is updating the XML for the Xianxia version of CoCEd listed on the wiki listed here. I've attached what I've managed to complete so far.

I didn't really like the way some things were sorted in it, so I'm going to be redoing it. Things completed so far:
  1. Extensively added new body parts. This included some XML tweaks to make forms in the editor work properly, since they seemed to be misnamed.
  2. Completed the available metamorph statuses.
  3. Added all the new spells and soul force abilities that I know about. Will have to check again to make sure I'm not missing any.
  4. Completely updated the key items, marked some as depreciated so you won't check them by mistake. (Related, does anyone know what the hell the torch even does?)
  5. Resorted and added some of the items.
  6. Started on the perks <this will take the longest because I found the original list unreadable so I'm mostly starting over on it.
The only thing is, I've never actually done any real programming. XML is the most I've gotten done. The Xianxia version on the wiki has more forms than the original CoCEd, which is why I'm using it, but it's still missing some things. I'm messing around with editing CoCEd, but it's probably going to be slow going while updating the XMLs too. If someone could help with any of this, I would really appreciate it:
  1. New location visit counters and places/dungeons unlocked checks. (If we can get checkboxes or visit counters to unlock places via Soul Sense in there, that would be cool too.)
  2. The skin/coat forms just need overhauling in general since there are so many descriptors relating to them now. Skin coverage percentages, base type, base color, base adjective, base description, base color 2, base pattern, coat type, coat color, coat adjective, coat description, coat color 2, coat pattern are all options in the debug. As many options as there are, maybe Coverings needs its own damn header below the Breast one or something.
  3. "Wisdom" needs a form in the stats list!
  4. Inventory never shows more than 8 slots. It needs to be expanded to maximum potential inventory size. I'm under the impression that it gets bigger or smaller as your inventory does, but it never reaches the new maximum with backpacks and all.
  5. There's a form for "Underbody" in the lower body section which doesn't seem to be used. Removing it and putting a dropdown in the normal Body section for "Rear Body" would be appreciated.
  6. A form for eye color would be nice.
I don't have the source code for this, but I know the source code for CoCEd the original is available and they aren't far off from each other. if that one could be kicked into a good shape, it would do nicely. EDIT: After some experimentation, it seems the XMLs are actually interchangeable between CoCED and the Xianxia one! Strange, I couldn't get that to work beforehand. It's still missing forms, though.

Attachments

• CoCEdXXml.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
Inventory never shows more than 8 slots. It needs to be expanded to maximum potential inventory size. I'm under the impression that it gets bigger or smaller as your inventory does, but it never reaches the new maximum with backpacks and all.
The items tab in general needs a lot of work, it's missing a lot of constructed inventories (warehouses/grainery/etc) and the other xianxia specific inventories (cosmic bag/sky pearl).

Also on a similar note there are some items in the game itself that need some updating. I couldn't help but notice there are a lot of items that aren't compatible with specific inventories despite logic (and type listing) dictating they should be. For instance there are a lot of outfits you would think should be stored in the dresser (Red bodysuit for high society), jewelry box (Oni Bead Necklace), and other such restricted storage contains.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
The items tab in general needs a lot of work, it's missing a lot of constructed inventories (warehouses/grainery/etc) and the other xianxia specific inventories (cosmic bag/sky pearl).

Also on a similar note there are some items in the game itself that need some updating. I couldn't help but notice there are a lot of items that aren't compatible with specific inventories despite logic (and type listing) dictating they should be. For instance there are a lot of outfits you would think should be stored in the dresser (Red bodysuit for high society), jewelry box (Oni Bead Necklace), and other such restricted storage contains.
I definitely noticed a lot of jewelry won't go in jewelry boxes.

Playing, I feel like several archery perks don't apply to bows. Power Shot, for example. didn't seem to work no matter what bow I was using.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
Forget that, I've got it working!

Skin and skin coverings work... a bit differently, I realize, once I got into the code. I can't figure out how to do anything about partial/full coverage, but I think I've got things working. Also I have some forms that start blank instead of at "None" but that doesn't appear to hurt anything.

Total added:
Wisdom stat!
Soulforce field!
Gills now a dropdown instead of check
Rear Body field
Eye Color field
Fixed up skin types, patterns, descriptions, adjectives, etc. into proper forms
Inventory slots can now extend to maximum
New body parts, all or almost all of them.
Some new colors. These are harder to track down, but it's the type of form you can type whatever in.
New spells and soul force abilities, all I know about.
Completely updated key items
New locations, including Soul Sense locations
Resorted items, added some new ones. (incomplete)
Started on sorting and adding perks. (very incomplete)

To Do:
Finish adding all the new items and perks. This will mostly just be time consuming and not impromptu learning some programming.

Attachments

• CoCEdXianxia.zip
    218 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

ultrapowerpie

Apr 11, 2020
Ok, I must still be missing something on the Chi Chi Wedding Quest, because even with a ruby power ring in inventory, it's complaining about no engagement ring. Also, it's complaining about the temple needing a priestess for the ceremony. I have it restored (Marae's part anyways), but I don't know where to recruit a priestess... (or do I need to get Taoth's shrine up and use Ayane? If so, I have no idea how to get Taoth's quest)

Trilas

May 3, 2020
I "might" have run into a bug. I have encountered Amily with 20 corruption and tried to encounter her again with 27 corruption and she never attacked me to start the corrupt path, It kept saying I was being watched. I lessened my corruption and she continued onto the 'pure" path.

what do I do now?

Leilanz

Apr 15, 2016
I "might" have run into a bug. I have encountered Amily with 20 corruption and tried to encounter her again with 27 corruption and she never attacked me to start the corrupt path, It kept saying I was being watched. I lessened my corruption and she continued onto the 'pure" path.

what do I do now?
She just freaks out after you pass 33 corruption, which is also the threshold to be allowed into the Bizarre Bazaar without fighting. After that, you just need to increase your corruption (Akbal helps a lot with that if you submit) until you're around 90 or 100 so that you can fully corrupt her.

cookiesnbiscuits24

Apr 17, 2020
Ok, I must still be missing something on the Chi Chi Wedding Quest, because even with a ruby power ring in inventory, it's complaining about no engagement ring. Also, it's complaining about the temple needing a priestess for the ceremony. I have it restored (Marae's part anyways), but I don't know where to recruit a priestess... (or do I need to get Taoth's shrine up and use Ayane? If so, I have no idea how to get Taoth's quest)
You need to rebuild all of the benches first.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
CoCED Xianxia Edition is updated!

Patch notes:
Soul Stones now have a field just like Gems do
Fixed the ocean/beach locations and added new locations I missed
Fixed some flag problems, did a thorough check for changed flags/comments
Added ALL new flags, previously missed some
Items fully updated and sorted into something readable

Next big push is for all the perks. This will very definitely take the longest by far, but hopefully it will only be an XML update instead of needing work in the program. I'm also going to have a pass over the Statuses and see if I can update that any more, and that's another XML only change.

Also, the fur color bit isn't working very well and I'm not sure how to fix it. It seems to change to the color of any skin coat like scales and fur, but changing it in the editor doesn't actually change anything properly in the save. I've been looking through the skin and skin layer files and it's a little hard to tell how it works and how to fix this.

Alright, I can't quite figure out how to get skin patterns working right either. I thought I had it, but I was wrong. They apparently override adjectives except for the orca effect which uses the adjective "glossy" and the red panda one which blanks it out. Not sure the black/white veins one works right either.

I swear, everything skin is going to give me fits by the time this is done. It's easily the most confusing thing in here.

Attachments

• CoCEDXv2.zip
    222.4 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
so just out of curiosity, is there an updated android version of CoCED Xianian edition?
I'm barely managing to get the normal one working, I'm afraid. Once I get all the kinks with the skin problems I'm having ironed out and once I've fully updated all the XMLs, I'll sure try to take a look at it.

Reactions: GuyManwell

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
Apparently using a fasting pill disables hunger completely. I took one on day 1 and its now day 39 and my satiety bar still never goes down. Kind of annoying since now almost every consumable increases my weight and all the scripted food events increase weight.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
Apparently using a fasting pill disables hunger completely. I took one on day 1 and its now day 39 and my satiety bar still never goes down. Kind of annoying since now almost every consumable increases my weight and all the scripted food events increase weight.
You might be in temporary luck. I just found a status while updating the list labeled "fasting pill." Check the editor and see if this status is in the list for you. If it is, you can turn it off and maybe that will fix it.

Reactions: shakey2

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
You might be in temporary luck. I just found a status while updating the list labeled "fasting pill." Check the editor and see if this status is in the list for you. If it is, you can turn it off and maybe that will fix it.
That worked thanks! For some reason it didn't even occur to me to check the editor to see if it could be fixed...

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
Alright, current editor woe: Colors are a problem. Eye color and hair color are absolutely the only ones that work as intended. Basic skin color will show your skin color properly, but it does not change when changed in the editor. Same with fur color.

I'm pretty sure all my color and skin woes are that the value that the editor looks for is a depreciated value that is updated by a different value in the save. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to point to that value in the editor program. So forms in the original program work fine reading the color but not changing it. This is why I initially thought I had some of it working.

I need to figure out how to get the editor to point to the base value. I'm starting with skin coverage since I found the value "coverage" in the save, but I can't figure out how to get it to point to THAT either. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

fyreyevele

Sep 8, 2019
I have another update on the green slimes hardlocking my game, by the way: It's not just as a goblin in a mech. From how I just had it hardlock (as something with a tail so I can use tailpeg and tail strangle), I think that the "U. Sex Scenes" menu is breaking green slimes.

Monkeyboi

Dec 16, 2015
Coming back to this after playing CoC2 for awhile and it seems Chrome no longer plays SWF files, what is the best way to play this now?

Hardmix898

Aug 26, 2015
I don't like the new look because it look mess up. Cause the Core Stats, Combat stats and Advancement are in the wrong place.

Last edited:

seoc16

Apr 18, 2020
you are not missing anything. you don't get them to be useful
thanks, i figured out if you only raise wisdom and intel, but mainly wisdom. attacking with the wood elemental is not that bad. complete shit compared to a wizard, but it still works

Purba

Apr 30, 2020
Does the Centipede TF comes with a Special skill?
During transformation it says something about biting and venom, but during a fight there's no option to bite or anything similar.

You get Charge tho

Elphe

Aug 18, 2018
What do i need to get max minotaur race points
To get as many Minotaur race points as possible, you need:
  • Cow ears;
  • Cow tail;
  • Hoofed legs;
  • Minotaur horns;
  • And with at least 4 minoscore already:
    • Human or Minotaur face;
    • Human arms;
    • Fur or partial coat of fur;
    • Higher cumQ than 500;
    • At least 81 tallness;
    • At least 20 corruption;
    • At least 1 horse cock;
    • No vaginas;
  • Final form of Minotaur testicles perk;
  • Semi-peerless chimerical body perk;
  • Minotaur descendant or bloodline perk;
  • Hybrid theory ascension perk;
  • Cruel Chimeras Thesis ascension perk;
  • And don't be a gargoyle.

There's also a perk called ChimericalBodyUltimateStage which adds a whopping 50 score to (most, not just minotaur) racial points, but I don't believe it's currently achievable. I may be wrong on that though.

seoc16

Apr 18, 2020
Is it possible we could get a pokemon trainer-like class, where you catch and use enemies as a replacement for you. When you catch them they revert to a bases form. when ur team dies u die. Imps could evolve into incubus/sucubus which evovle into omnibus. nagas could be caught and change into generic snake which could evolve back to a naga or into a lizan which could evolve into a dragon. sharks into tiger sharks. slime into slime girl into slime queen. anemone into tentacle beast.

sunblaze

Jul 29, 2017
^that sounds like a total rewrite of CoC's and especially Xianxia's combat system. Xianxia did that already in parts with soulforce. And it took years to finetune it. Magic is still waaaay stronger.
I seriously doubt anyone has the time or the motivation for that. No offense.

You currently CAN get summons that fight in the round right before you act. Its kinda like a groupfight with them acting first.
But advancing creatures, their upgrades and catching them and not just numbers like the elementals is worth a completly new game.

GabeRRL

Mar 2, 2020
Is there a chance a "close bold/italic" button will be added? It's kind of annoying to wait until the image pack is loaded to continue playing. Not really a major issue though.