CoC II Android 7.18 zoom issue

Nu11N3t

Aug 19, 2024
So I've been playing on and off both pc and android but I recently updated the app version after a while of forgetting to and while I was previously able to pinch zoom like many apps of this kind for some reason when I updated to 7.18 I no longer can. I've tried relaunching the app I've tried clearing the cache I've tried restarting my phone I tried reinstalling the app nothing seems to reinstate it's ability to be zoomed and without it it's not likely I'll be playing much on the apk ver. since I can't read it without making my eyes want to kill me. Anyone have any knowledge of what might be the issue?

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The reason why is because the android apk has been updated to a more recent version. If you download the pinned legacy version you'll notice that a lot of the empty space was cut out, which technically makes it more zoomed in by default. Your only choice is probably either to turn on the accessibility setting for screen reading or increase the text size.

Nu11N3t

Aug 19, 2024
The reason why is because the android apk has been updated to a more recent version. If you download the pinned legacy version you'll notice that a lot of the empty space was cut out, which technically makes it more zoomed in by default. Your only choice is probably either to turn on the accessibility setting for screen reading or increase the text size.
Yeah I'd noticed that and dont get me wrong, good move but tbh it's not a end all be all to just add an inch of room like it didn't make the game that much mote readable I don't see why the zoom had to be forsaken when the status bar was fixed seems kinda silly to remove something functional just because you added something that may or may not fix the issue depending on who's playing. As for screen reading not a bad idea but it comes with the issue of how would it distinguish aspects and properly stop and start for say each option. Obviously the actual meat of the text would be fine due to it being more or less just a page of a book but unless there's specialty care made for each option it could turn into a mess. All in all it just seems an odd choice to go and do more work to remove it when leaving it alone wouldn't have been a problem but that does mean I'll more then likely be playing pc only from now on as the zoom made it so I didn't get a headache and I tried the font sizes it's great for the body text but makes options incomprehensible as parts of either the actual option get cut off or the explanation/flavor text meaning you go from one issue to another by trying an alternative fix