CoC D&D Player Recruiting

danigam

Nov 3, 2015
Me and a friend had the idea to make a D&D game based off of the CoC Revamp Mod made by Kitteh6660 and are looking for players, everyone would start as human at level 1, maybe in different cities, maybe all in the same city, we would prefer players with D&D experience, skype (mic recommended, but not required), character ideas and a sense of humour

NOTE: We are no longer looking, though if interested follow this thread to be alerted of any openings that develop 

Last edited by a moderator:

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I'd be interested. I can't meet the mic requirement but I can do skype and I have experience with D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder. I'd definitely like to make some sort of pervy wizard. Might finally have a chance to use the spells from the book of erotic fantasy the way they were meant to be used lol.

danigam

Nov 3, 2015
I'd be interested. I can't meet the mic requirement but I can do skype and I have experience with D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder. I'd definitely like to make some sort of pervy wizard. Might finally have a chance to use the spells from the book of erotic fantasy the way they were meant to be used lol.

I`ll ask the DM and keep you posted

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
I would definitly love to get in on this.

4 things though. A Are you ok with the Tome of Battle?(Dont worry Im not a super metagamer or anything like that)

B. Are subvariants like silverbrow humans ok?

C. How much freedom do we get from splat books?

D. How likely is it to be a complete sausage fest? By that I mean how good is the chance a female will get involved in this endeavor?

danigam

Nov 3, 2015

2 things though. A Are you ok with the Tome of Battle?(Dont worry Im not a super metagamer or anything like that)

and C. How much freedom do we get from splat books?

We  haven`t worked out many details yet, but as far as B. goes I`m going to assume that as long as you can explain it (example: a mutation of some sort) it`ll be fine.  I`ll keep you posted though

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
We  haven`t worked out many details yet, but as far as B. goes I`m going to assume that as long as you can explain it (example: a mutation of some sort) it`ll be fine.  I`ll keep you posted though

Silverbrow humans are basically humans whos lineage can be directly linked to ancient dragons(Specifically silver dragons, hence the name) as a result they have access to dragonblooded type feats and effects. They are found in the book called dragon magic if you wish to find out more.

danigam

Nov 3, 2015
Silverbrow humans are basically humans whos lineage can be directly linked to ancient dragons(Specifically silver dragons, hence the name) as a result they have access to dragonblooded type feats and effects. They are found in the book called dragon magic if you wish to find out more.

In that case I`d say that would come farther into the game (similar to Ember in the game), but as I said I`m not sure as we haven`t discussed details

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Sense of humour? Fuck, that rules me out. (Actually, it's more the direct conversation over Skype that horrifies me. Oh god, the immersion-breaking.)

Good luck with the RP, though. CoC-D&D is a fun combination, even if we mangle the rules like the uncultered swine that we are.

GooTessa

Nov 3, 2015
Oooo, interested; though I hate my shitty androgynous voice. But dnd is worth over coming this! But I sound like a damn 16 year old boy...

Gah this is a hard choice! How much smut will be here (Based on coc, and played like coc are too different things XD) I'm going to assume fully smut mode, but that's fine. Hmm, warrior or caster, such decisions.

Hit me up with a friend on Skype at   live:khaosclaire

(Edit: forgot to say I have years of Experience with 3.5 and pathfinder, as well as learning anime d20, d20 modern, and now shadowrun. Kinda long list, but my old party tends to do many things. Which is why I'm exited to finally meet new people and join in with a complete group of strangers. and by exited I mean I'ma go throw up in a corner out of fear.)

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
Oooo, interested; though I hate my shitty androgynous voice. But dnd is worth over coming this! But I sound like a damn 16 year old boy...

Gah this is a hard choice! How much smut will be here (Based on coc, and played like coc are too different things XD) I'm going to assume fully smut mode, but that's fine. Hmm, warrior or caster, such decisions.

(Edit: forgot to say I have years of Experience with 3.5 and pathfinder, as well as learning anime d20, d20 modern, and now shadowrun. Kinda long list, but my old party tends to do many things. Which is why I'm exited to finally meet new people and join in with a complete group of strangers. and by exited I mean I'ma go throw up in a corner out of fear.)

Ok so we have a girl in the mix so im all in..also. Why choose between warrior or caster? Why not be both? That's what I'm gonna do.

danigam

Nov 3, 2015

Sense of humour? Fuck, that rules me out. (Actually, it's more the direct conversation over Skype that horrifies me. Oh god, the immersion-breaking.)

Good luck with the RP, though. CoC-D&D is a fun combination, even if we mangle the rules like the uncultered swine that we are.

You can both just type if you want, that`s what I`ll be doing since I have a speech disability

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
GooTessa does raise an interesting question about the level of smut in this endeavor. Just how raunchy will this campaign get? I'm cool with whatever but it would be nice to have an idea of what to expect. It's CoC themed so there's bound to be some pervy TF shennanigans right?

danigam

Nov 3, 2015

GooTessa does raise an interesting question about the level of smut in this endeavor. Just how raunchy will this campaign get? I'm cool with whatever but it would be nice to have an idea of what to expect. It's CoC themed so there's bound to be some pervy TF shennanigans right?

Well the DM said that we`ll be using the Book of Erotic Fantasy every game, as for TFs I`m not sure how exactly they will be implemented, but if I had to guess I`d say they will be 

danigam

Nov 3, 2015

4 things though. A Are you ok with the Tome of Battle?(Dont worry Im not a super metagamer or anything like that)

C. How much freedom do we get from splat books?

D. How likely is it to be a complete sausage fest? By that I mean how good is the chance a female will get involved in this endeavor?

DM responce: 

A) if it's in any, repeat ANY 3.5 book, and not metagaming, then it's open game
B) It will be a TF
C) see #1

and if you`ll read further up there has already been  a female interested and  I am also female

danigam

Nov 3, 2015
alright y'all. DM here, typing this through my friend's account (don't have one of my own at present, though I will after posting this. 

as for item creation feats, that'll make things very interesting. 

also, Gootesa, I have the same thing most times about posting in group chats with folks I don't personally know. 

as to the whole immersion thing, I'll do my best to repeat that in the game. sometimes copying & pasting from the game itself, as I will the intro, just to be sure y'all know that. though I will attempt to also change things up seeing as how in this game there'll be more than 1 person inhabiting that camp

GooTessa

Nov 3, 2015
@ Dm Danigram (XP)  Will having played through all of the Mod be necessary. I've played through the base coc several times and know most about ti, but haven't really touched the mod for more than character creation; though it seems like it's just the same base line info, just more stuffs to do.

@Masakatsu good point, though mixing magic and might can sometimes have horrendous- Wait a second, why is my text stuck bold -A-

anufronin

Nov 5, 2015
it will not be needed, but if you want to, then that's completely up to you. though those who have completed the Mod will have a bit of a leg up on the others as they'll know what's going on

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
@ Dm Danigram (XP)  Will having played through all of the Mod be necessary. I've played through the base coc several times and know most about ti, but haven't really touched the mod for more than character creation; though it seems like it's just the same base line info, just more stuffs to do.

@Masakatsu good point, though mixing magic and might can sometimes have horrendous- Wait a second, why is my text stuck bold -A-

Oh trust me honey I understand, But it can make for some Fun character concepts. There's just 2 things to consider

1. You can't just do it on the fly you have to plan your build in advance.

and

2. You need to know exactly what your doing.(Meaning you need to know what your character is aiming for)

I for one am proficient at Multiclassing/gishing and I can give you some pointers if you want.

anufronin

Nov 5, 2015
I can do sessions mainly in the afternoons. seeing as how I get off work around 3:30-4 shall we try for around 7, or would that be too late?

GooTessa

Nov 3, 2015
Time zone?

Alos starting off as only humans is a bit limiting but I suppose I can get over it. No troll blooded for me I suppose Xp

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
Hold on before we go any further I think this needs to be asked.....this is gonna be on weekends right?