Coc 1 export?

S

Snoopingas

i remember at the end of the unfinished mess (side stuff wise) that was coc 1 i could export my files

TW-Luna

Apr 24, 2017
How will these plot decisions from game 1 be imported? From a save file of CoC 1 (What about Revamp saves) or from something like the Dragon Age Keep, where previous game choices were selected before playing?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Is it possible that certain minor side missions might only make an appearance depending on your choices from CoC1? Some minor side missions in DA2 only appear after certain choices from Origins.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
How will these plot decisions from game 1 be imported? From a save file of CoC 1 (What about Revamp saves) or from something like the Dragon Age Keep, where previous game choices were selected before playing?

First off, fuck the mods. There will be no support for any of the mods whatsoever.

Secondly, that's what the export function is for after you complete the game.

Thirdly, we haven't quite decided what will happen if no save file is imported. The last time the topic was brought up, it was stuck between a) having a default set of choices, or b) having the player go through a list of "what happened last time?"

Fourth, forget about most returning characters, those will be few and far between, will not be waifus/husbandos in any shape or form, and are reserved for FenCo staff with maybe an exception or two here and there. World events are where it's at, baby.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Is it possible that certain minor side missions might only make an appearance depending on your choices from CoC1? Some minor side missions in DA2 only appear after certain choices from Origins.

There's every potential. If something comes up that hinges on whether or not there's, say, an army of fire harpies back in Mareth then that would have needed to happen.

Things that come to mind that might effect things are Taoth, flame chickens, mouse repopulation and your ending choices. Nothing else overwhelmingly comes to mind right now, but this is largely conjecture in the first place. (And it's been a while.)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
There's every potential. If something comes up that hinges on whether or not there's, say, an army of fire harpies back in Mareth then that would have needed to happen.

Things that come to mind that might effect things are Taoth, flame chickens, mouse repopulation and your ending choices. Nothing else overwhelmingly comes to mind right now, but this is largely conjecture in the first place. (And it's been a while.)

Thanks for that. The reason I was asking was because of Taoth actually, as it's the players decision if Urta's fertility quest happens and he exists again.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I personally think "give the players a 'what happened' series of questions" might be the best way... You're going to need to code in reactions to all possible options anyway, so might as well give the player the option to customize it a little, right? Especially since many may have deleted their saves since the last time they played CoC since it's fairly old by now.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I personally think "give the players a 'what happened' series of questions" might be the best way... You're going to need to code in reactions to all possible options anyway, so might as well give the player the option to customize it a little, right? Especially since many may have deleted their saves since the last time they played CoC since it's fairly old by now.
What of people who never played CoC1?

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016

Good point. Why not both then? Have a "quick option" with defaults, and "in depth" option with the player choses. Bam, everyone is happy! It's not like the quick option is going to take long to code (unless the game has already devolved to unholy spaghetti code, but I'm remaining optimistic and assuming it is still good)

I am looking at the design doc, which apparantly includes what the default choices are... Apparnatly that includes a Herm Champion, so now I'm very strongly hoping you let us chose at least hte gender, because I never play herms, so having a herm champion be referenced would be all sorts of weird

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Its been previously said by Savin that the two choices that are going to have the greatest impact are Taoth's fate (UtraQuest) and the ending of the main story. Other choices might be integrated if writers choose to incorperate them, but narrativly Mareth is extremely isolated from the world of CoC2, so there is vary little opprotuinty for your choices to impact the new story.

Mugg

Apr 10, 2018
Wishing I lived in Sweden

Just briefly describe the situation for each major point. Be like 'There was a demony guy who possessed a girl and gave her a huge penis. She was kinda used to it, but also wanted to know what it was like otherwise. Did you help her get him out?' That would more than likely give people enough context to decide what they would've done.

On a side note: inter-game character imports?? When did you guys get so fancy, and when can I buy this on Steam?