Choking play? Omitted fetishes?

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
FYI. Dis ain't mah fetish.

In a game where most fights - win or loss - ends with non-consensual sex, it honestly surprised me that there is a lack of choking play. It is one of the more tame and more sociably accepted fetishes. Is it omitted on purpose due to some issue like a Patreon clause or something? Did simply no writer think of it?
And on the topic of fetishes, we know incest is a no-go topic due to Patreon clauses. What other fetishes are no-go for whatever reason?

Question to ponder: The Fifty Shades trilogy in combination with numerous allusions in cinematic media helped BDSM to become socially acceptable. Do you see that happening for anything else? That really sounds like a college essay question.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
choking play. It isone of the more tame
Eh, I wouldn't say so.

Is it omitted on purpose due to some issue like a Patreon clause or something?
Not that I know.

Did simply no writer think of it?
Possibly. That, or my "Eh, I wouldn't say so".

What other fetishes are no-go for whatever reason?
Underage content (including "older than they look" lolicon and shotacon), necrophilia, vore.
Back in the day, CoC's list was at it follows:

Absolutely No Way:
-Hard Vore
-Gore
-Loli/Pedo Stuff (Clarification: Sex with newborns, less than fully matured, and less than fully mentally matured.)
-Scat
-Watersports
-Zombie/Corpse sex
-Bestiality

Pretty Unlikely Unless You Write Something So Hot It Convinces Me:
-Dragons
-Vampires
-Werewolves

The Fifty Shades trilogy
Those books misrepresented BDSM, so I seriously hope no one believed that "it worked that way" in a mainstream level. As for your question, I couldn't care less about other people's sexual life or lack thereof. But hey, if people learn about things that make them happy, more power to them. I for one enjoy learning about kinks and whatnot.

Last edited:

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
When it's consensual it's all good, but there's some seriously sinister vibes when non-consensual choking comes into play. Just a bit too edgy, I think. No official word of Patreon either, but I think if someone wanted to make a fuss about it, it could be filed under sexual violence and when you're trying to argue "but the character likes it" you're already in very murky waters. I will mention that as a writer, when I think about writing it from the PC pov (ie. choking out an opponent non-consensually) it feels more like I'm trying to pander to a violent power fantasy than anything else. It's not a great feeling, and I write a fair amount of content that appeals to power fantasies already.

The other banned fetishes besides incest are scat, vore, blood (including vampires), bestiality, watersports, necro. Maybe others, I forget.
To give a concrete response, no, choking isn't hard banned. Sidenote: there's another really huge, on-the-cusp-of-social-acceptability fetish that's ignored a lot: feet. I have 0 feelings on it either way but it's odd to me how little it shows up.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
The other banned fetishes besides incest are scat, vore, blood (including vampires), bestiality, watersports, necro. Maybe others, I forget.

Didn't know incest was banned

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Some of those incest games on Patreon did some hilarious workarounds to get their game to comply with the new rules.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure I almost passed out choking on dick in a scene somewhere, if that counts for anything.

Sidenote: there's another really huge, on-the-cusp-of-social-acceptability fetish that's ignored a lot: feet. I have 0 feelings on it either way but it's odd to me how little it shows up.
I actually really like my feet, but I haven't found someone who wants to try foot stuff. The things you never thought you'd be into...

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Mmm, I'm kind of into choking - in my smut, anyway - but I've not written any as a) I don't want to incorporate into a regular scene as it could turn people off and b) I don't have enough ideas to write an entire choking-focused scene //shrugs//.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Given that most of these games are visual novels written in renpy, looks like some of these devs went through every bit of code to remove references to npcs being refered to as 'mother', 'aunt', 'sister' or 'daughter'. One game allowed the player to define the relationship via a text box with the suggestion that sister or mother not be used lol, another game just turns your mother into your "land lady" and your sister into "room mate".

thernn

Apr 17, 2018
Soft vore is fine. I.E stuff like the venus pitcher plants. Just no digestion stuff.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
In regards of choking, I think Sera does a bit of that to you in one of her scenes if you aren't sub to her yet iirc.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Think I'm gonna pass on that stuff, its a bit much for me. I honestly don't get the appeal, it sounds way painful. Then again some people do get their rocks off through pain so....

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Think I'm gonna pass on that stuff, its a bit much for me. I honestly don't get the appeal, it sounds way painful. Then again some people do get their rocks off through pain so....

Choking or gaging doesn't have to be a pain thing. It can be an Oh they got a little bit too eager/excited :3 or an Damn my dick really is big af thing... when it comes to giving/receiving head.

Then again I'm a biter so what do I know?

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
I was thinking of the whole being choked. Something on the line of willingly guiding the suitor's hand to the OC's throat. I'm scared how everyone jumped at the idea of "I wanna choke someone out like the Dread Pirate Roberts on Andre the Giant's back."

Troller

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah, ever since Patreon changed their terms of service. They only really seem to have hammered the particularly egregious games, though (like father-daughter sims).

Just to clarify,incest with close relatives (like parent-kid stuff) is banned?
Cause as far as i can see, incest between syblings are allowed (Steele-Shade, Kiro - Kally and e.t.c).

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
You could make it a vampire that feeds off semen. Although, I guess that would just be a succubus...

Someone did vampires that drank cum instead of blood. Idk who though.

Eh, that sounds more like a succubus, like Krispiness said. I'm not super bummed out about it, but it's a pity.

Was there no blood when Saendra lost her arm? I mean, she got that cleanly blown off, right?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Was there no blood when Saendra lost her arm? I mean, she got that cleanly blown off, right?
Her arm was bloody, a mangled mess. The arm was amputated and replaced with the cybernetic one you meet her with.

Reactions: flying_moustache