Cheats

Byork

Dec 9, 2019
So im on mobile because I'm a pleb and I'm trying to use the cheat code for more money and I remember it used to work like a year ago but now it doesn't, is there a new cheat name for the money or am I just fucked?

Mercuriussnake

Sep 2, 2015
So im on mobile because I'm a pleb and I'm trying to use the cheat code for more money and I remember it used to work like a year ago but now it doesn't, is there a new cheat name for the money or am I just fucked?
I believe a keyboard is needed to input cheats.

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
Get the Hacker's Keyboard app so that you can bring up the keyboard at any time, and then type them in. Impulse, idclev, and anotherbrickinthewall should work when you do it this way.

Reactions: Byork

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
anotherbrickinthewall does not work in the Codex's Console, or V-Ko's CustomInput.

You have to type it anywhere else. On the PC, if you type it in the Codex screen, I find it adds the money after you exit the Codex. If you type it outside the Codex, you have to do something (look at your Codex, move one square) before you get the money. Looking at your inventory will not give you the money, oddly.

It's a long cheat, so it's easy to mess up, too.

Reactions: Byork

Byork

Dec 9, 2019
anotherbrickinthewall does not work in the Codex's Console, or V-Ko's CustomInput.

You have to type it anywhere else. On the PC, if you type it in the Codex screen, I find it adds the money after you exit the Codex. If you type it outside the Codex, you have to do something (look at your Codex, move one square) before you get the money. Looking at your inventory will not give you the money, oddly.

It's a long cheat, so it's easy to mess up, too.
Well whenever I try it in the codex it just says that the command doesnt exist. And basically the same thing with V-ko. So I guess for android it's just bugged, I dont know if it will be fixed or not but I hope it does get fixed because holy fuck everything about the ships is so damn expensive.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm not sure I was clear enough with what I typed, so I'll try again.

All cheats can be entered anywhere, at any time, but for most of them the Console and V-ko are the easiest places. Unless that is different for Android. clowncar or tistheseason are probably the easiest to test.

For some reason, anotherbrickinthewall does not work when typed into a textbox, so you have to type it elsewhere.

When I said typing in the Codex screen, I meant the screen that appears when you first open the Codex. The one with "Stats - Log - Extra - Options" at the bottom.

anotherbrickinthewall is deceptive in that the 100K does not appear right away so you don't know immediately if it worked. You have to do something (move a square, open or close the Codex screen, pretty much anything other than look at your inventory) before the 100K will be added.

Also, money ceases to be a problem once you reach Zheng Shi. The Mining Robots consistently drop valuable Gems and Savicite, and after defeating the Shock Hopper, you can make a custom bet of all your money at the Robot Blackjack dealer to double it. And the best ship in the game is free (although if you want to keep the Casstech, you'll have to buy a different ship from Vahn, fly it Zheng Shi, then steal the Sidewinder). At this point, I'm more worried about inflation.

Last edited:

Byork

Dec 9, 2019
I'm not sure I was clear enough with what I typed, so I'll try again.

All cheats can be entered anywhere, at any time, but for most of them the Console and V-ko are the easiest places. Unless that is different for Android. clowncar or tistheseason are probably the easiest to test.

For some reason, anotherbrickinthewall does not work when typed into a textbox, so you have to type it elsewhere.

When I said typing in the Codex screen, I meant the screen that appears when you first open the Codex. The one with "Stats - Log - Extra - Options" at the bottom.

anotherbrickinthewall is deceptive in that the 100K does not appear right away so you don't know immediately if it worked. You have to do something (move a square, open or close the Codex screen, pretty much anything other than look at your inventory) before the 100K will be added.

Also, money ceases to be a problem once you reach Zheng Shi. The Mining Robots consistently drop valuable Gems and Savicite, and after defeating the Shock Hopper, you can make a custom bet of all your money at the Robot Blackjack dealer to double it. And the best ship in the game is free (although if you want to keep the Casstech, you'll have to buy a different ship from Vahn, fly it Zheng Shi, then steal the Sidewinder). At this point, I'm more worried about inflation.
I see what you're saying, but there is no way for me to bring up a keyboard when I'm sitting still and type it. If they're is then, I'm just dumb and havent figured it out.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Did Natetheman223's suggestion of the Hacker's Keyboard app not work?

Can you not bring up the keyboard?

Are the cheats not registering?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Here's a User Guide. Maybe that will help. And an FAQ.

Doing a bit more research, it seems there's a 'permanent notification' option, allowing you to open the keyboard via the notification.

Last edited:

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018

Doing a bit more research, it seems there's a 'permanent notification' option, allowing you to open the keyboard via the notification.

You're right, I should've been more specific. You enable the permanent notification, and then you can open the keyboard anytime. Open it when no text box is present, and just type out the cheat you want.

Byork

Dec 9, 2019

Doing a bit more research, it seems there's a 'permeant notification' option.

Google: How do I keep the onscreen keyboard?
To open the On-Screen Keyboard
Go to Start , then select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and turn on the toggle under Use the On-Screen Keyboard. A keyboard that can be used to move around the screen and enter text will appear on the screen. The keyboard will remain on the screen until you close it.
You're right, I should've been more specific. You enable the permanent notification, and then you can open the keyboard anytime. Open it when no text box is present, and just type out the cheat you want.
Yeah I got it now, thank you. Sorry that I'm dumb.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Nah, you're not dumb. It is kind of non-intuitive, especially if you don't know permanent notifications are a thing.

Also, I'll just leave this here:
Tech Support Cheat Sheet

P.S. That last bit in your quote of my post? I found it via Google's suggested Question->Answers, but It's for Windows, which is why I edited it out.

Reactions: Athena

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
is there a list of cheats and event forcing words (for seasonal so you don't have to wait for real calendar to match?)