Charmer/Thief Hybrid

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Since we had a 'how to charmer' , and a 'how to thief' thread, I thought I'd combine the two into a charmer/thief multiclass thingy.

I love the idea of a charmer which uses when possible thief skills, like Duelist stance. But I think it is kinda hopeless.

My attribute combination so far is Agility, Willpower and Presence. Agility, because then my party can benefit from the song of splendor in the first round, and tease them into submition earlier. I like willpower, because it seems to counter the high-libido penalty of being a bimbo(because of course I play as a bimbo).

But for thief I am missing strength for the oompf of hits. I thought about the charge weapon ability of the white mage, but then I cannot use duelist stance.

Anyways, does thief more naturally extend to warrior than charmer? What do you think?

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
From what I understand, thief damage tends to rely on high-risk, high-reward techniques that do lots of damage when they connect, combined with lots of debuffs. Charmers rely on either buffing themselves and their party, or doing damage to the blue bar instead of the red one.

So theoretically, a hybrid class is possible, but you'd likely be drawing more weaknesses from each class than you would strengths. I'd use the thief's damage-dealing qualities, while combining with the charmer's buffing skills.