Character Portrait Not Updating During Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
This gets broken and unbroken every other update (as of 0.9.075-PUBLIC#3987, it's broken). It's small, but I figured I'd make a post about since it's something I quite like.

The player's portrait won't update during combat. There are only a handful of enemies that can make changes to Steele in the midst of combat (Nym-Foe's injections, the Tentacle Plant's facefucking, and the Zaika Hydra's new facefuck are all that I know of, the latter two inflating the player's belly), but the portrait doesn't update during combat. It does after, though.

Notice how Nym-Foe has injected Steele (quite a lot, actually, this is turn 27), but the portrait is still unchanged.
nurse.png

And then after the combat finishes:
upgraded.png

I know for a fact it used to change mid-combat.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

Recently the mannequin was changed to only update at certain points (instead of all the time) to prevent ongoing and unnecessary computing. I've updated it so that, in combat, the mannequin will update per end-of-turn. So the portrait should update the proportions when the character is transformed. Depending on how the render goes, it may not have the transition animation, but at least it updates as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.