Changing Wyld Elf Mark in Save Editor?

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
As the title says, any way to change the Wyld Elf mark in the Save Editor? I picked goat legs on my mage and I have regretted it, I want something more subtle instead and don't really want to restart from day 120+, I changed to Boreal Elf briefly to just avoid it but I'd prefer to just remain the original Wyld Elf.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
You can just remove your Wyld Elf features, and then use the Wyld Elf transformative to grow a new one I believe. Might need to savescum the transformative or try a few times, but you can do it.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
You can just remove your Wyld Elf features, and then use the Wyld Elf transformative to grow a new one I believe. Might need to savescum the transformative or try a few times, but you can do it.
No, you cannot, that was the first thing I tried. It's a set variable in your character, if you already have snake tongue wyld mark or whatever, it's impossible to get horsecock wyld mark instead (which actually means the only way to get that wyld mark is to start as a human or another race, since for whatever reason that's not on the available list of char creation wyld marks despite being a TF). Nothing will happen if you try to TF another body part into a Wyld Mark, even if you don't have one "active" at the time. Hence why I'm asking, specifically where to find and how to alter that variable.

Reactions: Emerald

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
I apologize for my misinformation, then, I really thought I'd removed my Wyld Mark by accident more. Maybe it was possible in an older version.

lostboi

Oct 18, 2022
No, you cannot, that was the first thing I tried. It's a set variable in your character, if you already have snake tongue wyld mark or whatever, it's impossible to get horsecock wyld mark instead (which actually means the only way to get that wyld mark is to start as a human or another race, since for whatever reason that's not on the available list of char creation wyld marks despite being a TF). Nothing will happen if you try to TF another body part into a Wyld Mark, even if you don't have one "active" at the time. Hence why I'm asking, specifically where to find and how to alter that variable.
Don't use wyld wine, use belharan stew instead. It has all the same transformations but completely random and it isn't tied to wyld marks. You'll almost definitely have to save scum a bit though, since it can't be refined. I'm not sure how to actually change what your wyld mark is though

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
As the title says, any way to change the Wyld Elf mark in the Save Editor? I picked goat legs on my mage and I have regretted it, I want something more subtle instead and don't really want to restart from day 120+, I changed to Boreal Elf briefly to just avoid it but I'd prefer to just remain the original Wyld Elf.
You could remove the part of your save, via save to file (in a text editor such as Notepad / Notepad++, as the .coc2 file can be opened and edited as text) where it says: "wyldMark":num,
After that you can save the changes you made to the .coc2 file, and then apply a new Wyld Mark via the Wyld Wine TF item (also, you can apply a reagent to the Wyld Wine to get a specific Wyld Mark).
Please do this with a copy of your save though, in case anything goes wrong (save to file, and then a copy of that file).

Bear in mind this will make it so that your save counts as save edited.
Also worth noting, the removing of the Wyld Mark via the above won't remove the TF that the previous Wyld Mark applied, so if you didn't want your mage to have Cloven / Goat legs anymore, you'd have to change that with some other TF item too. Removing the Wyld Mark from the save only allows you to get a new Wyld Mark, it doesn't remove the specific TF of the previous one - which is notable for the Equine Anus Wyld Mark, as currently there doesn't seem to be any method to get rid of the Equine Anus besides Save Editing, as no TF items seem to remove it.

• Love
Reactions: Sacremas

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
You could remove the part of your save, via save to file (in a text editor such as Notepad / Notepad++, as the .coc2 file can be opened and edited as text) where it says: "wyldMark":num,
After that you can save the changes you made to the .coc2 file, and then apply a new Wyld Mark via the Wyld Wine TF item (also, you can apply a reagent to the Wyld Wine to get a specific Wyld Mark).
Please do this with a copy of your save though, in case anything goes wrong (save to file, and then a copy of that file).

Bear in mind this will make it so that your save counts as save edited.
Also worth noting, the removing of the Wyld Mark via the above won't remove the TF that the previous Wyld Mark applied, so if you didn't want your mage to have Cloven / Goat legs anymore, you'd have to change that with some other TF item too. Removing the Wyld Mark from the save only allows you to get a new Wyld Mark, it doesn't remove the specific TF of the previous one - which is notable for the Equine Anus Wyld Mark, as currently there doesn't seem to be any method to get rid of the Equine Anus besides Save Editing, as no TF items seem to remove it.

Thank you so much, that did it exactly as I wanted, I made sure to not be an elf first (Belharan Stew as suggested actually makes you either a "human" or a Chimera) and with normal legs, removed the line in question and used Wyld Wine to get Cat Eyes instead, and I'm an elf again!

Reactions: Equivocate