Change or Reset Character Class?

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
Pretty much just the title. I was coming back to the game after a long break away and I see they added the kineticist class. I was wondering if there was an ingame way (or if it's buried off in the cheat menu) to change your Steele's class to test it out on my existing Steele versus the growing pains of leveling up a new Steele all over you know? Thanks in advance.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It's technically possible with the Console (F12), but neither of the Save Editors allow it. For best results, you'd need to remove all of your class perks. The discretionary perks can be reset in the Level Up menu if the Cheats Menu is enabled, but you'll need a Save Editor or more console commands to remove the auto-perks.

pc.characterClass = 3

Reactions: Zbearbear

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
It's technically possible with the Console (F12), but neither of the Save Editors allow it. For best results, you'd need to remove all of your class perks. The discretionary perks can be reset in the Level Up menu if the Cheats Menu is enabled, but you'll need a Save Editor or more console commands to remove the auto-perks.

pc.characterClass = 3
Hey! I just figured that out from an older post! Thanks!

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019

pc.characterClass = 3
I'm still messing around. I've figured out how to change the class itself but do you know the commands to remove my old class abilities? When I enter batttle I still have all of my old class powers and perks

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. If you didn't already, load your old save and use the Level Up menu to remove the Perks/Abilities you chose at level up. This will also allow you to choose Kineticist perks after switching classes. The game keeps track of how many perks you can select, for some reason.
2. pc.removePerk("Name of Perk")

Reactions: Zbearbear

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
1. If you didn't already, load your old save and use the Level Up menu to remove the Perks/Abilities you chose at level up. This will also allow you to choose Kineticist perks after switching classes. The game keeps track of how many perks you can select, for some reason.
2. pc.removePerk("Name of Perk")
Thanks again for the help I think I've got everything figured out and set now!