certainly

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Certain species of invertabrates have their genitals next to their eyes so It's not too hard to imagine copulative organs to be close to more sensitive organs like brains and what not.

It's actually kind of good in a way. It forces the penetrated to scout out considerate and empathetic partners to take care of their offspring else they risk death or some serious damage. If they were too stupid or uncaring to see that their partner was of the brutish or unthinking sort then they weren't fit to be a mother and the partner not fit to be a father anyway. Bare in mind that this is only a good thing in species that actually spend time in taking care of their young. In species that pop'em and forget'em it's unlikely it would ever come about.

There's also a fetishistic factor to sexual evolution. If someone out there was genetically predisposed to having two fully functional dicks there would no doubt be someone out there willing to propegate those genes, they might even outbreed the single-dicked humans eventually. Unless it's a common thing on their planet I'd wager that the same sort of drastic series of weird and wonderful mutations occurd at some point in the rodenian evolution.

With regard to keeping the tubes clean, absorption, an odd body position, or dildo-like ear cleaners are probable factors.

TheShepard256

The hedonary gland is fully understandable; many Earth mammals have a lesser version of it in the form of oxytocin, the so-called 'monogamy hormone'. As for the actual configuration...

The only other known species in TiTS to have fuckable ears is the vulpatra, and that evolved as a defence against sexual predation by the non-sapient Pworfu. It's possible the rodenians had a similar predator in their evolutionary history and they evolved a similar defence, but that predator later went extinct, some random mutations caused the ability to reproduce via the ears, and then that method was selected for over hip-mounted vaginas. The hedonary gland may have contributed to that last part, especially if it got activated by aural sex more than by vaginal sex. Preacher's ideas could also be contributing factors.

On the other hand, their Codex entry states that they had access to advanced biosciences prior to First Contact in the 11th Planet Rush and speculates that their low fertility, delayed ovulation and psionic abilities may be results of deliberate self-manipulation. Considering this, it's quite possible that their reproductive system is also due to self-manipulation. It wouldn't be unprecedented, either; slyveren, vulkrimi and kui-tan were all exposed to self-inflicted, permanent species-wide modifications in their past as well.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Fun fact: the 'Horny Precursors' meme where I slapped Colenso on the 'Aliens' meme I have in my signature was created for a therad about Rodenians and how they can develop.

Personally, I am going with TheShepards explanation: They developed their sexual organs looking unusual for protection against predators, seeing how the universe is sex-driven and we know of many species that have a habit of letting someone else carrie their young, (Anything with a ovipostor, many of the parasites, Venus Pitcher even)... It is not to far to go 'if they can not find the womb, they can not fill it', a leftover of evolution.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
They're certainly unique, and whilst i get that's a game, i can't help but wonder every time i interact with one... how on earth could such a form of copulation evolve? It's awkward, potentially dangerous and highly dependant care and consideration from the penetrator. It leaves the receiver with a serious vulnerability, rape could kill them, but also, how do the tubes drain and in reverse, how do they keep gunk out?

I get that from outside the game, they're form of sex is something of a joke, weird and fun and not meant to be taken seriously, but if some form of in-universe explanation exists or can be slapped together in a semi-believable manner, i'd love to hear it.

Excess cum would leak out the nipples because they don't lactate and they're meant for egg laying. Most of the Rodenians are seen wearing plugs and protection in their vaginal passages or over the ear entirely. The hearing tunnels wouldn't be affected by anything due to evolutionary protections. Liquids don't seep into the ear drum canal or anything.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

You have only yourself to blame for writing such good characters.

Wait, that didn't come out right...

Lemme try again...

You are such a good writer that even random encounter enemies are engaging and people want more of them. *cough more Kura in CoC 2 plz cough*

As for how they keep their ear holes clean, nowadays I imagine proper hygiene. Back when they were evolving, maybe their tongues were longer, but mates found that a turn off, so that gene variant went extinct. As for what they squirt out, it's similar to afterbirth. Breast wombs are weird mang.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
As for how they keep their ear holes clean, nowadays I imagine proper hygiene. Back when they were evolving, maybe their tongues were longer, but mates found that a turn off, so that gene variant went extinct. As for what they squirt out, it's similar to afterbirth. Breast wombs are weird mang.
I do not think they ever had long toungs. It already took two to make that mess, so I hold it for well possible that the sexual partner also did the cleanup before proper hygiene came around. And well, even after, because thats TiTS verse, afterall, 'clean that mess you made' is probably normal enoth for most species...

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Evolution is a weird thing. A sexual traight can be highlighted for very minor and odd reasons. Oddly enough, earginas can have evolved as a way to alow the male and female to watch for danger from both sides. As if the male would climb atop the female from the front, slide his penis into her sex. This alows the male to watch behind, and the female to watch the front. To some extent, earginas actualy sorta make sense in that way, the large and shaped ear would make it easyer for the male to hit his mark. The ear surving to some extent as a funnel to guide the penis in. Oddly the position of the sex equipment makes more sense when you consider where the womb is on the female. Shorter distance from the ears to the chest womb, than from under the tail to the chest womb. Also, sexual traits are at times selected for by preference, aka, males might have a preference for females with larger ears, thus the larger ears are more often selected for.

On the other hand, as has been mentioned, the whole thing might have been a deliberate or acsidental modification to themselves at some point in the past.

*chuckles* On the other hand, it is quite hot to have a cute mouse girl putting her head into your crouch so that you can fuck her ear silly. There is a huge amount of trust involved with the whole thing, and it makes it even more erotic in a way.
I expect that when the tf is finnaly out in the game, I will enjoy trying things from the female rodienian side of things. Yes even planing to try the bad end I read was involved.
The rodienans seem to be designed for the more loving and careing spectrum of the D/s relationships, so I expect it will be enjoyable to try both sides of that.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I think the tf will only make the player look like a rodenian, it will not give earginas or a hedonary gland. Doing so would either mean you couldn't access all previous vaginal sex scenes, or they would all need to be rewritten and re-coded.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Ooh Woo

Aug 6, 2019
I think the tf will only make the player look like a rodenian, it will not give earginas or a hedonary gland. Doing so would either mean you couldn't access all previous vaginal sex scenes, or they would all need to be rewritten and re-coded.
IIRC the plan for Mischief Maker is gaining earginas (but not a hedonary gland), and William was going to also write scenes to make use of it. Whether it would otherwise make the player a neuter, I'm not sure it has been commented on, but yeah. Otherwise it would just be the same thing as Mousearella, wouldn't it?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
We have dicknips and nipcunts, both sadly untouched, as well as genitails. Adding an extra sex spot on the body wouldn't need to remove the primary one. Just need people to write for the content.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
IIRC there was a plan for at lest one 'bad end' where the pc did get the gland, but it was a bit over active, and well you can see how easy it would be for the pc to get a bad end with that.

Strijoca

Aug 27, 2015
Imho, I have no problem on the recruitment path getting gated behind if you were nice to the Rat Raiders from the very beginning depending on the choices you made in the random enemy encounters.
Wholesome all the way!

Last edited:

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
honestly even if the (hypothetical) rodenian crew memember has nothing to do with the Raiders themselves I STILL want an option to do it nicely and spoil them. be nice to the cute mice, let me give them lots of cuddles and affection (but ya know, have an option to be a dick about it for those that would want to)

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
honestly even if the (hypothetical) rodenian crew memember has nothing to do with the Raiders themselves I STILL want an option to do it nicely and spoil them. be nice to the cute mice, let me give them lots of cuddles and affection (but ya know, have an option to be a dick about it for those that would want to)
But... you alredy have dogs,cats,fish girl,a fox,a cow,a blob,a shark angel,a tanuki, a bunny lizard thing,

You reallly want the whole arc ? wow.... better a big ship then.

Also Jk. Love them all. and Rodenians are cute.

Must pet everyone....

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
But... you alredy have dogs,cats,fish girl,a fox,a cow,a blob,a shark angel,a tanuki, a bunny lizard thing,

You reallly want the whole arc ? wow.... better a big ship then.

Also Jk. Love them all. and Rodenians are cute.

Must pet everyone....
I mean, Steele sells the currently biggest ship steele can buy. And a Steele employe can then double the amount of crewspace again.
Also, while we are at it: Catsnake. Make them share a room with the mouse.

Reactions: Ooh Woo