Can't have sex with Riya?

Kadioc

Mar 19, 2016
So, I started as a male character, then immediately went herm (my character is always one for "collection" reasons, I like to get at least one of each kid); then I got rid of the dick so I could get kids with Riya, but it doesn't work. She still responds with "sorry, girls only", even though the Codex registers the PC's sex and gender as female.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
So, I started as a male character, then immediately went herm (my character is always one for "collection" reasons, I like to get at least one of each kid); then I got rid of the dick so I could get kids with Riya, but it doesn't work. She still responds with "sorry, girls only", even though the Codex registers the PC's sex and gender as female.
Do you need breasts for it to count? Or maybe more femininity.. I usually only play pure female from the start for Riya.

Kadioc

Mar 19, 2016
...That was weird. The wiki says you need to have over 40 femininity for Riya to treat you as a girl. Mine was at 85 and she still wouldn't do anything... I had to raise it to near 100 for it to work. That sounds like a bug, rather than intended.

As in, Codex showed masculinity at 28% and gender appearance rating at 85, feminine. I only got Riya to work by getting masculinity to 18% and gender appearance to 91.

PS. Also, was the pregnancy data for Riya offspring rewritten? I remember reading that some people got 9 children from her, but I only get 3 even though my fertility is 1300% (and I always get 15 kids from Milodans and 9 from Sydians).

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Keep in mind that the wiki is not always correct.

Per the code Riya will never have sex with Steele if they have a cock. She doesn't care about pronouns. If it happened than that is the bug.

There is a max of 3 kids per Riya pregnancy no matter how high steeles fertility is. It has always been that way. However some people save edit the Broodmother trait onto their steele which will override the max kids in a pregnancy. There is no ingame way to get that trait.

Last edited:

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I removed that edit as I was mistaken. At first glance that is what it appears to be doing since the flag RIYA_BLOCKED is never unset but when I looked at the logic of the IF statement the flag would be ignored if the cock was removed.

JavaScript:
    //[Sex]
    if (pc.hasVagina() && pc.isFullyWombPregnant() && pc.hasStatusEffect("Riya Breed No Sex")) addDisabledButton(3, "Sex", "Sex", "You are too pregnant with Riya’s child to do this!");
    else if ((!pc.hasVagina() || pc.isTaur() || pc.femininity <= 40 || pc.hasCock()) && flags["RIYA_BLOCKED"] !== undefined) addDisabledButton(3, "Sex", "Sex", "You need to a normal female to pique her interest - with less than four legs.");
    else addButton(3, "Sex", sexRiyaCauseYerDumbAndDeserveToBePunished);

Inside the sexRiyaCauseYerDumbAndDeserveToBePunished function it will set flags["RIYA_BLOCKED"] = 1 if steele has a cock or no genitals. (The scene dialogue where she says “Ah, yeah. Sorry, [pc.name], but I don’t swing your way. Girls only,”)

A little confusing way to do it but it works. That is why it threw me off at first.

Last edited:

Kadioc

Mar 19, 2016
Per the code Riya will never have sex with Steele if they have a cock. She doesn't care about pronouns. If it happened than that is the bug.

However some people save edit the Broodmother trait onto their steele which will override the max kids in a pregnancy. There is no ingame way to get that trait.
Yeah, I removed the one on my PC and was confused why it didn't work. Turned out I just had to pop an Estrobloom to raise femininity (Edan easily accepted me with my normal femininity score, Riya apparently needs an even higher one).

Oh, thank you, that explains it. Welp, save editing is pretty risky so I'm probably not going to try it. Vanilla game with the in-game cheat options is the best way to go, imo. ...And that reminds me of a suggestion I wanted to make, now to find a thread for that.