Can't get either Miko or Mai pregnant?

igerasim

Sep 4, 2023
Hello fellow CoC2 enjoyers
I've been on an endgame quest to have fathered as much offspring as possible, but I ran into an issue with Miko & Mai - I can't seem to trigger the first choice scene with them even with a save file edit, and I don't remember ever having it occur naturally. What's the appropriate variable to trigger that encounter, and what do I need to edit to successfully get them both? I'm playing in the browser version since my Mac doesn't support the download, hence I don't have the command console like some forum dwellers seem to.
Any feedback/advice will be appreciated

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
If you have a virile penis, have heard Keros's offer, and arrive at the shrine between 8:00 and 17:00, you trigger a one-time event with Miko upon entering the shrine. She's in a state, having been hungry all day. Keros assured her she's fine, and she 'ate' earlier, but she's still starving. And now you're here. Kiyoko, if present, claims to be mystified as to Miko's state, but encourages you to as her consort to show benevolence to Miko and 'feed' her.
Excerpt from the wiki about how to trigger Miko Pregnancy. The wiki doesn't explicitly state the conditions for getting Mai pregnant instead of Miko but I imagine its basically the same. I do recall there being a certain event at one point when you visit them at the shrine and they have the Champ help them settle an argument. They ask the Champ which one of the two they'd pick if, hypothetically, they had to choose just one of them to spend their life with. The player is then given two buttons, one for Miko and one for Mai. Its possible that this event is what sets the flag for their future pregnancy content but that's just speculation on my part.

Regardless, I believe you can only get one of the twins pregnant per playthrough so pay attention to that.

igerasim

Sep 4, 2023
Excerpt from the wiki about how to trigger Miko Pregnancy. The wiki doesn't explicitly state the conditions for getting Mai pregnant instead of Miko but I imagine its basically the same. I do recall there being a certain event at one point when you visit them at the shrine and they have the Champ help them settle an argument. They ask the Champ which one of the two they'd pick if, hypothetically, they had to choose just one of them to spend their life with. The player is then given two buttons, one for Miko and one for Mai. Its possible that this event is what sets the flag for their future pregnancy content but that's just speculation on my part.

Regardless, I believe you can only get one of the twins pregnant per playthrough so pay attention to that.
I saw that on Wiki too, and you can trigger that event by a variable MAIDENS_PREG_PATH, but for me, it still doesn't prompt an impregnation scene.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
I saw that on Wiki too, and you can trigger that event by a variable MAIDENS_PREG_PATH, but for me, it still doesn't prompt an impregnation scene.
Maybe someone else will have more insight then because I'm not sure what else to say. Sounds to me like there is a broken/bugged flag somewhere due to all the save editing. Without knowing the things you've changed I think it'd be hard to pinpoint an exact fix that doesn't involve reverting to an older save or starting over completely fresh.

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
Alright, i went and snooped at the code. From what i can tell, the "choose your maiden" scene is triggered if the following conditions have been met:

-You MUST have heard Keros' soulbind offer (that means completing atleast one of Nakano's missions.)
-You HAVEN'T seen the pregrouter scene before (this is what MAIDENS_PREG_PATH does, it not only tells the game which sister you chose but it also tells the game that you saw the scene before. If you've been messing with this flag, load an unmodified save to clear it, otherwise the scene will not play)
-Your champion has a real cock (meaning ghostlight won't work)
-Your champion isn't impotent (not a hundred percent sure what the code considers grounds for impotence, but i'd take off any active birth control to be sure)

If all of those conditions are met, the scene should play the next time you enter the flower garden.

You cannot impregnate both sisters naturally in the same playtrough, if you absolutely want to however, please take a look at this post by @Aury.

igerasim

Sep 4, 2023
Alright, i went and snooped at the code. From what i can tell, the "choose your maiden" scene is triggered if the following conditions have been met:

-You MUST have heard Keros' soulbind offer (that means completing atleast one of Nakano's missions.)
-You HAVEN'T seen the pregrouter scene before (this is what MAIDENS_PREG_PATH does, it not only tells the game which sister you chose but it also tells the game that you saw the scene before. If you've been messing with this flag, load an unmodified save to clear it, otherwise the scene will not play)
-Your champion has a real cock (meaning ghostlight won't work)
-Your champion isn't impotent (not a hundred percent sure what the code considers grounds for impotence, but i'd take off any active birth control to be sure)

If all of those conditions are met, the scene should play the next time you enter the flower garden.

You cannot impregnate both sisters naturally in the same playtrough, if you absolutely want to however, please take a look at this post by @Aury.
Could you please clarify how to interact with the F12 console, as the linked post suggests? I'm using the browser version if that makes a difference

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
On the browser version you can open up console tools and basically modify the game state directly with those strings. Unlike editing your save files (either by hand or with the unofficial editor) this won't enfucken your save for bug reporting purposes and if you're careful it's less likely to make the game divide by zero, though if you've already save-edited you've kinda crossed that bridge.

In this case what Aury's instructions do is first wipe what you may have done with Miko/Mai's pregnancy to reset it to the baseline, then modify the event flags in such a way that the game treats both sisters as having gotten pregnant (which you can't do legitimately) while setting one set of flags to have 'happened' for narrative purposes. Still might cause weird interactions since it's something impossible to do normally, hence his suggestion of making backup saves.