Can't get downloaded game to work

Sar Meister

Dec 5, 2022
Basically I'm trying to play COC like I used to, using the whole Save link to boot up the game quickly offline. But for some reason, it's not working.

Tried opening it with Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc. Anytime I try and open it there, it just seems to try and re-download the link, and when I try playing the game straight from the site it tells me to install Adobe Flash drive which I can't do as it's no longer supported from what lil I could find. When I tried out the adobe express to see if that would work as it seemed like that's what clicking on the download adobe flash player tab was pushing me to do I found it still not playing it.

Am I just not realizing what I'm supposed to do or something?

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Well, you can forget about browsers and just use the Standalone Flash Player Projector: https://archive.org/download/adobe-flash-player-projector/flashplayer_32_sa.exe

Savin seems to have mentioned Newgrounds Flash Player, but I found it to be virtually a complete alternative to the player from Adobe, I never got it to work online anywhere other than the Newgrounds website (which requires registration).

Also I came across before mentioning the Lightspark plugin for browsers but haven't checked the result yet.

P.S. Ruffle also works online, but, alas, does not support ActionScript3, which is used in Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space.

Reactions: Sar Meister

Sar Meister

Dec 5, 2022
Well, you can forget about browsers and just use the Standalone Flash Player Projector: https://archive.org/download/adobe-flash-player-projector/flashplayer_32_sa.exe

Savin seems to have mentioned Newgrounds Flash Player, but I found it to be virtually a complete alternative to the player from Adobe, I never got it to work online anywhere other than the Newgrounds website (which requires registration).

Also I came across before mentioning the Lightspark plugin for browsers but haven't checked the result yet.

P.S. Ruffle also works online, but, alas, does not support ActionScript3, which is used in Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space.
Alright so how does that work? Like do I just have it open up like I would before with Internet explorer or is there something else I gotta do?

Ahhhh, never knew that about the newgrounds

Do ya think ya can let me know what ya think about the Lightspark when ya get the chance?

I saw the Ruffle stuff get mentioned when looking online for Adobe Flash player options, but wasn't sure tbh

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Alright so how does that work?
This is a program that does not need to be installed. Put it somewhere and specify that this is what is used to open flash files, not the browser.

You can also launch games by dragging files into the program window or by specifying the address of the game on the Internet ... keep in mind, however, you need to specify a link to the SWF file itself, not to the page with it.

Ahhhh, never knew that about the newgrounds

As I said, in terms of launching files, I found this player to be no different from Adobe Standalone Flash Player.... except that Newgrounds Player has no history of last opened files. By the way, I was wrong. It seems that registration is not required to run games on the Newgrounds site. But I still find it very unfortunate to be able to run the game in a browser if it's outside of the Newgrounds site (seems possible, but I haven't been able to).

Do ya think ya can let me know what ya think about the Lightspark when ya get the chance?

A list of Adobe Flash Player alternatives I came across claimed that this add-on "works well in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and other browsers". Alas, the official information from the developers (https://github.com/lightspark/lightspark/wiki/Getting-Lightspark-up-and-running-in-Web-Browser) claims that this add-on works in only two browsers, none of which I don't have (I have FIVE different browsers and I'm not sure if I really need a sixth one, but I will write you the results if I can test this plugin).

I saw the Ruffle stuff get mentioned when looking online for Adobe Flash player options, but wasn't sure tbh

I found Ruffle a relatively simple and easy plugin, but in this case it is useless, I have already tried using this one to run in the browser both CoC1 and TiTS.

By the way, while checking out various Chrome add-ons (I wanted to use the browser's built-in translator to easily and quickly translate the text of the game into my native language, since I have difficulty reading large amounts of English text quickly, but at the same time I do not want to be distracted by constantly copying the text into Google Translate), I found that many add-ons are in fact the same Ruffle, just in a different wrapper.

So, for example, this applies to the "SWF to HTML" plugin. Yes, this plugin has two engines, but for some reason, regardless of my choice, I always saw the Rufle logo when running the game.

Reactions: Sar Meister

Sar Meister

Dec 5, 2022
This is a program that does not need to be installed. Put it somewhere and specify that this is what is used to open flash files, not the browser.

You can also launch games by dragging files into the program window or by specifying the address of the game on the Internet ... keep in mind, however, you need to specify a link to the SWF file itself, not to the page with it.

I found Ruffle a relatively simple and easy plugin, but in this case it is useless, I have already tried using this one to run in the browser both CoC1 and TiTS.

By the way, while checking out various Chrome add-ons (I wanted to use the browser's built-in translator to easily and quickly translate the text of the game into my native language, since I have difficulty reading large amounts of English text quickly, but at the same time I do not want to be distracted by constantly copying the text into Google Translate), I found that many add-ons are in fact the same Ruffle, just in a different wrapper.

So, for example, this applies to the "SWF to HTML" plugin. Yes, this plugin has two engines, but for some reason, regardless of my choice, I always saw the Rufle logo when running the game.
Alright then, wonder if I could get TITs to also work on that so I can use the Tits editor lols But got the game to work finally thanks!!

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Also love the account pic by the way

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Alright then, wonder if I could get TITs to also work

Yes you can. In fact, you didn't even need to download the Standalone Flash Player for this, it was enough to use the AIR Zip version, which comes with its own kind of player (does not allow you to open other SWF files, however).

By the way, the AIR version, thanks to the EXE launcher, has its own useful features.
I mean the ability to import saves from Chrome and Standalone Flash Player. The ability to switch between native and imported saves at any time is included.
Once I tried this function and thus accidentally made a backup of my TiTS saves from Standalone Flash Player.
Later, I discovered that my C drive had too much system junk and used a cleanup program...
Wait, when was the last time I backed up (saved to files) my current saves for COC1 and TiTS?!
Well, my CoC1 saves are fine, as the "current" saves were my old saves (before I hit my save limit and started saving to files). And anyway, I backed up even these nine old saves a long time ago.
So I only lost 14 TiTS saves... WHAT?! The AIR version has saved 10 saves so far so I've actually only lost 4 saves with quite a bit of progress? It was unexpected, but nice.

But got the game to work finally thanks!

You are welcome!

Also love the account pic by the way

It's an old bust of Syri... or an old unused bust of Syri, I can't remember exactly.
One day I noticed that despite quite a bit of time since registering on the forum, I still don't have an avatar, so I quickly fixed this by using my own TiTS character custom bust (which in turn I "borrowed" from Syri).
Since then, I have not changed my avatar, although it has been two years.