Can't get any flash to work

inuman2021

Mar 26, 2021
Used to use internet explorer for most of my flash playing but since adobe went and ended support for flash I've been trying different flash players and emulators to no effect( I've just had my computer completely upgraded to windows 10 with a brand new graphics card along with a hefty increase in memory too so I don't think its that). I even tried the projector and debugger with nothing but a white background to show even after waiting. Was wondering if anyone would know why I'm getting a white screen and how to get around it? Many thanks in advance.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Did Flash auto-uninstall? I don't know if a separate Flash installation is necessary for the Player to work, but it might be good to check.
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

If these folders exist, you can install a config file to prevent Flash from uninstalling and allowing Flash from certain websites. Edit this with your favored websites and save it as a .cfg. You do need to use a browser that isn't blocking Flash, like Internet Explorer.

Also, did you download the SWF or are you trying to run it from the website? Did you associate SWFs with the Flash Player?

Attachments

• mms.txt
    444 bytes · Views: 11

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
AIR is for Android, I think. Did you download the SWF

Did you check for the Macromed\Flash folders? If so they exist, try installing that config file and using 'play in window' in IE.

KnightOwl

Aug 26, 2015
The AIR.zip is a self-contained version of the game. Once you unzip the file, open the "TiTS #.#.###" folder and then click on the "TiTS #.#.###.exe" file and it'll run without needing a flash player (because the player is built-in)

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
All browsers have stopped supporting flash. You have to use a standalone flash player until the js port is done.
I can still use Internet Explorer. It took some work: see the config file above and I re-installed Flash from an old installer. I don't know if that last was necessary.

As far as I know, the biggest problem is not that browsers stopped supporting Flash, it's the killswitch installed by Microsoft (at least for Windows).

Last edited:

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
I can still use Internet Explorer. It took some work: see the config file above and I re-installed Flash from an old installer. I don't know if that last was necessary.

As far as I know, the biggest problem is not that browsers stopped supporting Flash, it's the killswitch installed by Microsoft (at least for Windows).
I think installing the newgrounds player disables that kill switch.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I think installing the newgrounds player disables that kill switch.
It's supposed to, and I thought it did, but a recent 'update' seems to have disabled Flash for me anyway. I haven't yet tried to fix it. Fortunately the Debug Flash player still works.

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
It's supposed to, and I thought it did, but a recent 'update' seems to have disabled Flash for me anyway. I haven't yet tried to fix it. Fortunately the Debug Flash player still works.
Reinstall it after every update i guess

Spyder

May 4, 2021
So, when I go to download the Zip, it downloads fine. When I move to extract the files, I get several errors in the extraction process that then-I assume-make the entire file unable to play itself. For some reason the AIR files in particular are not transferring properly, and since I can't get AIR on my computer anymore I feel like I'm likely just SOL. Anyone have any insights?

Dancer

Sep 11, 2015
I downloaded the SWF and the ZIP Install, and the game is working. But, I don't know how to get my old browser-based saves imported into it. I had originally used Firefox, and then I was able to use Internet Explorer until that died too. Does anyone have advice on where the files would be in my computer? When I try the "Import saves" option it just looks at Chrome and doesn't see anything so that doesn't work, but if I knew where to look I think I could get them through the "Load File" option? Thanks!

EDIT: Just navigating around with File Explorer, I think I found my old saves via this pathway:

C: > Users > NAME > AppData > Roaming > Macromedia > Flash Player > #SharedObjects > [numbers and letters] > www.fenoxo.com

But when I navigate to the same folder via the "Load File" option, that folder is empty and doesn't contain the .sol files I'm seeing in File Explorer.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I downloaded the SWF and the ZIP Install, and the game is working. But, I don't know how to get my old browser-based saves imported into it. I had originally used Firefox, and then I was able to use Internet Explorer until that died too. Does anyone have advice on where the files would be in my computer? When I try the "Import saves" option it just looks at Chrome and doesn't see anything so that doesn't work, but if I knew where to look I think I could get them through the "Load File" option? Thanks!

EDIT: Just navigating around with File Explorer, I think I found my old saves via this pathway:

C: > Users > NAME > AppData > Roaming > Macromedia > Flash Player > #SharedObjects > [numbers and letters] > www.fenoxo.com

But when I navigate to the same folder via the "Load File" option, that folder is empty and doesn't contain the .sol files I'm seeing in File Explorer.
The slot saves (TiTs_n.sol) are a different format than Save to File (.tits). You need to move your old saves to the new folder. Or use the Save Editor to convert to .tits format via Export.

Dancer

Sep 11, 2015
The slot saves (TiTs_n.sol) are a different format than Save to File (.tits). You need to move your old saves to the new folder. Or use the Save Editor to convert to .tits format via Export.

Ah ha! Thank you. Where can I find the new folder that I need to move them to?

vvv THAT WORKED! Thank you! I copy/pasted the files from the folder I was looking at to the localhost folder, and then when I checked "Import Saves" in the game, they were appearing. I chose to import them, and then I clicked the new button that let me switch from Native Saves to Projector Saves. And just like that, the saves I feared were lost to time were back. :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Ah ha! Thank you. Where can I find the new folder that I need to move them to?
C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\K37KN44S\localhost

I'm pretty sure this is the folder if you're using the Debug Flash Player.

Last edited: