Can you recommend me good sci fi books

big joe

Nov 5, 2020
Gdańsk, Poland
Gaunt's Ghosts series by Dan Abnett. It's a 40k book series about a comissar and his Imperial Guard regiment and it's really good. There's around 12 books too, it'll last you a while.

Reactions: Paradox01

Charmbreaker

Apr 4, 2017
I have three series that will fit that niche of fantasy and sci-fi. The first being the Starship's Mage series (magic is heavily involved ((and needed)) in this futuristic world. The second is Dragonriders of Pern (begin with Dragonflight). With this series you are immediately let known this is a sci-fi setting but it very much seems fantasy until later in the series. The third is Land of The True Game. Like the second it seems mostly fantasy (negating the second's exposition) but later in the series it becomes apparent it isn't. If it helps, their two genres that tend to blur fantasy and sci-fi: Speculative Fiction and Science Fantasy. Keep in mind that they seem to be niches in and of themselves.

Out of the three series I recommend Land Of The True Game is my favorite. It appeals to me in how I said it appears mostly fantasy but later down the line it's apparent it isn't.

Reactions: andreevichyakovlev

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Charles Stross, if you are into a mix of Eldritch horror and modern fantasy. The protagonist got vampirism through an internet meme.

It is fun at times. Stross takes absurd fantasy concepts seriously in a modern tech world. Which leads to weird quirks, like what if basilisks exist in a world with cameras? Well, then your smartphone camera can basically double as a heavy ordinance delivery system.

But be prepared that it is still a horror book. In an interview, stross told of his most horrific experience, which was in a very real Elderly Care Home. His Horror also hits a very real nerve in me.

I am reading the Labyrinth Index. Even though it is a book in a series, you can actually start anywhere and have a good time.

Reactions: Charmbreaker