Can you only get the Hellhound to the Wayfort if you are a Dark Mage?

Lichtel

Sep 2, 2022
If I understood the patchnotes right you need the summons from the Temple of Fire, which is only possible if you are a Dark Mage. Since changing class would take a week and my character has a bunch of pregnancy content going on I would like to avoid that if possible. Any other options?

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
You can learn any spell/ability from any class no matter what you play. You can pick up the spell from Ivris and it'll only take about 3 days

Lichtel

Sep 2, 2022
Oh, I have been playing for a long time and never knew you could learn all powers regardless of class. Thank you very much

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Didn't know that was a requirement. Then again I always play dark mage up until recently.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Do you recommend a specific type of class?
It depends on what you want to do. Consider the base classes just a template to build on. Especially if you get Mirror Stance, the sky is the limit you can build on. Now that attributes aren't restricted by class like they used to be you can adjust based on play style. If you want to do a mage knight build for example, you can benefit from rogue, white mage, and black mage base classes depending on your focus. If you rely on afflictions and want harder hitting normal attacks, rogue is a good start. If you going more of a paladin type, white mage or warrior depending on your focus. Summoner Knight or more of a spell based crit build you would go Black Mage. There is a lot of abilities you can pull from both from trainers, tomes, and ability stealing with Mirror Stance.