Can summons be controlled manually?

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
(english is not my main language, so there will be some errors)
The creatures you can summon will be controlable in the future? (ex: fire golem or stone golem)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
No, summons and guest characters act on their own even when you have combat set for full manual control.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
As much as i'd love to be able to control my own summon, it just isn't really worth it. They don't really have any abilties beside their basic ones, and then there are summons like Phyria, who are people brought in from a artifact instead of your own magic, meaning they aren't really controlled by you. So, unless the devs make it possible for specific summons, and then give those summons more abilties for it to make sense, it just isn't happening. Ever.

Reactions: Titanio

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
As much as i'd love to be able to control my own summon, it just isn't really worth it. They don't really have any abilties beside their basic ones, and then there are summons like Phyria, who are people brought in from a artifact instead of your own magic, meaning they aren't really controlled by you. So, unless the devs make it possible for specific summons, and then give those summons more abilties for it to make sense, it just isn't happening. Ever.

Oh, ok. Thank for the answer

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019

Not entirely true... Kiyoko is one of, if not the only, summons that actually changes as she has more kids. She started off pretty good, and in a recent battle I felt sorry for the enemy because she did a triple digit damage to resolve... she didn't used to do that till recently when she got her 7th tail.

(If you don't know what I mean, look into Kiyoko stuff. It's super well done by TheObserver)

She is the only reason I wish I could control summons, she auto ended a fight I was trying to draw out to steal an ability...

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Not sure what's your point. The thread wasn't about changing/developing summons or something, it was about whether or not you can control summons, which was answered. I don't get where you're coming from with this comment...

Reactions: Emerald

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Not sure what's your point. The thread wasn't about changing/developing summons or something, it was about whether or not you can control summons, which was answered. I don't get where you're coming from with this comment...

She is the only reason I wish I could control summons, she auto ended a fight I was trying to draw out to steal an ability...

Reactions: Violyn

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Not entirely true... Kiyoko is one of, if not the only, summons that actually changes as she has more kids. She started off pretty good, and in a recent battle I felt sorry for the enemy because she did a triple digit damage to resolve... she didn't used to do that till recently when she got her 7th tail.

(If you don't know what I mean, look into Kiyoko stuff. It's super well done by TheObserver)

Got so confused by this part i must not have read the last bit, i don't even remember it. That's on me, sorry about that.

That's a pretty good point, would be much better if one could control summons so we could steal shit in peace :C

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

If it's Kiyoko... Can't you just not summon her on that note?

Reactions: Violyn

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017

It was what thought too. And you could, but i imagine that when she killed his target he wasn't expecting it somehow. And also, it kind of feels wrong to not be able to use your summon, just because you want to steal an ability. You should be able to do both without feeling wary of your summon doing something you don't want.

In any case, being able to ask/tell summons to stand down would be really helpful, i sure would like that a lot too.

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019

It was what thought too. And you could, but i imagine that when she killed his target he wasn't expecting it somehow. And also, it kind of feels wrong to not be able to use your summon, just because you want to steal an ability. You should be able to do both without feeling wary of your summon doing something you don't want.

In any case, being able to ask/tell summons to stand down would be really helpful, i sure would like that a lot too.

I know it's been some time, only stop by forums every now n then. But, to answer the question, in some fights you need an extra person to take hits while utilizing mirror stance. In other situations you may have summoned unintentionally. In that particular situation, I can't fully remember why I summoned, but I was probably on auto pilot lol.

My general thing is to activate the stance, summon, then blow the hell outa the enemy with things like White Fire or make sure the party stays up via hp/resolve heals. Used to main Charge Weapon before I got my hands on Mirror Stance. Now I roll acrosz the world acting like a FF Blue Mage, stealing skills as I find em. Some cases tend to be super aggregating where I go some 20 turns without the target using the skill at all (which is probably where Kiyoko came in and did much more than I was expecting because she recently gained the new tail, which made her stronger).

But yes, TL;DR is that I wish I had a bit more control on the weapon of mass destruction that is my kitsune wife.