Can Shade show up at the third probe after attacking her with Kara?

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Just curious since I helped Kara at the bar to defeat Shade. Is it still possible to have her show up for the third probe, then help Kara out on her second quest and still have a talk with Shade afterwards? Or does the talking bit happen only if you talk to/flirt with her?

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
If you talk with Shade at the probe before doing KaraQuest 2, Shade won't show up during the quest so you won't have to fight her, allowing the Uveto content to proceed with no problems.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
I want Shade to show up though, I've got a save just before Kara encounter to make sure I don't mess up with Shade. Is there a way for her to show up at probe, reveal her true identity, KaraQuest 2 (These three can be in whatever order so long as they're not bugging the game and skipping scenes), survive/leave and talk with you back in the tavern before moving to Uveto? I've only done the route where I forced Shade to run away so I'm not quite sure what to do to get the family reveal and have her move to Uveto after having a talk with her at the bar.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Talking with her at the probe always immediately moves her to Uveto. I'm not sure why you'd want Shade to show up during Karaquest 2 though, it just makes her heartbroken due to your betrayal.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Talking with her at the probe always immediately moves her to Uveto. I'm not sure why you'd want Shade to show up during Karaquest 2 though, it just makes her heartbroken due to your betrayal.
Well, it's just extra content I've never seen before. Guess I just want to go back to a heartbroken Shade and give her a big family reveal. Is there a way for that to happen?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Well, it's just extra content I've never seen before. Guess I just want to go back to a heartbroken Shade and give her a big family reveal. Is there a way for that to happen?
To be honest I'm not sure. I've only done a couple of Shade's routes and there are so many minor alternate paths.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
You would have to play an older build where it was still possible. Save editing might work as well.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I told Jacques00 about the email and how it was a route Savin was planning to deal with in time. So Jacques00 restored the method of doing Kara Q2 Shade fight, then do Myrellion Probe, followed by turning in and revealing blood ties to Shade at said probe's turn in. Should be Public by now, as this was a good while ago.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
I told Jacques00 about the email and how it was a route Savin was planning to deal with in time. So Jacques00 restored the method of doing Kara Q2 Shade fight, then do Myrellion Probe, followed by turning in and revealing blood ties to Shade at said probe's turn in. Should be Public by now, as this was a good while ago.
So do I have to start by talking or flirting? Think flirting is safer but who knows.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
So do I have to start by talking or flirting? Think flirting is safer but who knows.
Flirt. Get close to Shade after you've the introduction fight, but don't do the Probe Quest just yet. Reach level 6 or 8 to get K2 quest. Shade should be encountered, she'll let you pass but expects answers on Myrellion. Upon returning to Myrellion- do not talk to Shade, go do the Probe Quest and collect its payment at your ship. Shade should show, saying she's leaving. Show the scanner to her, then go to Uveto to get a email from Shade.

You can do as you like with the relationship from this point on. I do not know what Savin has in store with this route, use it at your own call.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I do not know what Savin has in store with this route, use it at your own call.

You say "route" but unless that has unique text that I'm completely forgetting, I don't think that was intended to be possible.

Or I could totally have accounted for it. I really can't remember. *shrug*

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
You say "route" but unless that has unique text that I'm completely forgetting, I don't think that was intended to be possible.

Well its got a email so far.
To: Anzu Steele <Anzu_Steele@SteeleTech.corp>
Subject: Meet me.

Welcome to Uveto... little sister.

I pulled a favor with a station manager; had a feeling you might show up here sooner or later. Sure enough.

Takes a lot to panic me, but I think what happened back on Myrellion definitely qualifies. Sorry I bolted, but... well things were a little overwhelming. Still are. First you and Kara... now this... fuck my life. Fuck!

So let me cut to the chase. I want to meet you. Talk things over. I think we both deserve that.

My house is the first one after the Mead Hall. Wedged between that and the temple in north Irestead. Come by any time... if you want to talk, that is. I’ll understand if you don’t; want to keep our distance. For what it’s worth, I don’t. At least not yet.

I guess... any way you spin it, now I can sign off:

With Love,
Shade

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017

I've got unique texts now, she tells you that Amara just got out of the hospital just before she activates the probe by accident. So I guess that route has been tweaked some time ago.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Those are both meant to take place after talking to her at the bar. I think.
Nope, I tested it already. Talking to her in the bar and then retrieving the probe will result in her not showing up for the probe scene, skipping her talk and then retrieve the probe will have her show up as well as acknowledging the pirate base raid, referencing that Amara has recovered after falling off the roof.