Camps despawning?

igerasim

Sep 4, 2023
I've been trying to place campsites across all parts of the map, trying to kill time before the next update. I noticed that a lot of my campsites began disappearing, some immediately after being placed, some days later. There's no mention of camps being destroyed in the game or the Wiki. Has this happened to you before and is there a way to prevent it?

Dreamer44

Apr 25, 2020
I've been trying to place campsites across all parts of the map, trying to kill time before the next update. I noticed that a lot of my campsites began disappearing, some immediately after being placed, some days later. There's no mention of camps being destroyed in the game or the Wiki. Has this happened to you before and is there a way to prevent it?

You can only place a camp per zone. And in the higher leveled ones, camps are temporary.

And the wiki is a bit outdated. They are working on that, but it takes time.

Charity

May 24, 2020
You can only place a camp per zone. And in the higher leveled ones, camps are temporary.

And the wiki is a bit outdated. They are working on that, but it takes time.
1 camp per zone? From then? I have, like, about 3-4 in Old Forest, Foothills and Valley.

Starting from Frostwood camps start to decay. There it's about 3 uses?
Never camp in Undermountain, but should be same?
Glacial Rift is 1 use if I remember correctly.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
No, you can have as many camps as you like in an area [only one per tile of course]. I believe that the decay is a time thing ie daily check or some such.

There are some special spots like the frozen tower in the Glacial rift that don't despawn

Reactions: Emerald

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There's no mention of camps being destroyed in the game or the Wiki.
Every time you make a camp, the description will give you an indication of how long the camp will last. The farther from the starting zones, the faster they'll decay.

Reactions: igerasim

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Yeah, it goes like

Old Forest, Foothills, North Harvest Valley, safe zones - camps will remain more or less permanently
South Harvest Valley, Frostwood - camps will despawn eventually
Glacial Rift - camps will despawn quickly
Undermountain - literally the second you wake up in the morning your camp will be ransacked by imps and hobgoblins