Build help for Dark difficulty

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Hi,

Because balance changes are on the horizon. I wanted to preemptively get off of the dual-weild meme, and find a spellblade kit that puts out respectable damage.

I've been running with Heal Ryn and Dragoon Azzy for the most part, and without the insane spike of damage that came from dual-wielding, I can not put out enough burst damage before Azzy dies.

At least I'm not having survivability issues, my threat isnwell managed thanks to my kit and class, but boy howdy can I not deal with threats before they put my Hive mommy in the ground.

Anyone have any advice for me? My stats, powers, and gear are all attached.

The only think I'm reluctant to do, is take a permanent TF a la Godpact. I'm holding out hope for a Dragon TF and I love the RomKas path too much.

(Yes I'm aware I can just lower the difficulty. But I rather enjoy actually needing to engage in combat mechanics.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_160110_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_160110_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20230323_160650_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_160650_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20230323_160707_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_160707_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 118

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
I honestly don't like dragoon Azzy, I feel like she has the Berwyn problem and just doesn't tank well enough to be placed in that role, Gladiator Minos and Atugia are more reliable imo.

Royal leathers, I think should be replaced with tiran vestments for spellpower bonus or regal kimono if you're fine with the pregnancy requirements (or save editing) as I feel it works well and flashfire for primal scar. Or perhaps use naptha and grease if you're going with regal kimono

I'd also choose to put all willpower stats into strength and boon willpower instead.

Reactions: Greyfox643

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
I'll definitely try those two chest options, and the Stat reallocation.

So it was a good call to dump toughness and presence?

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
I pretty much never put points on toughness unless I want to tank as the health increase of 1-2 stat points isn't worth it to me with the strength of heals and companion tanks (again, I feel azzy is lackluster), and I only put minor points in presence (including background bonus)

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
Unfortunately, the Regal Kimono's current requirement is only pregnancy. The other requirements not being in the game yet: marriage or getting the good ending to his story.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
The respec alone helped so much, and the kimono boosted my damage into overdrive.

I also took that one point I put into toughness and moved it over to presence. My allies last but one more turn noe, and that's often all I need to beat down anything in front of me.

Man, it easily forget how much stat allocation is in this game

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
The respec alone helped so much, and the kimono boosted my damage into overdrive.

I also took that one point I put into toughness and moved it over to presence. My allies last but one more turn noe, and that's often all I need to beat down anything in front of me.

Man, it easily forget how much stat allocation is in this game
What's your power set looking like. Assuming you're using the Regal Kimono, I assume something like Fireball and/or Vitality Reap

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
What's your power set looking like. Assuming you're using the Regal Kimono, I assume something like Fireball and/or Vitality Reap
I was using a 1-2 punch of flashfire with power wave, to get weapon+spellpower bonus on top of Twist The Knife's boost (because AFAIK, that all synergizes with the Kimono and the Rogue passive). The combo works exceptionally better now with the kimono. And now I'm cranking throw Berwynn quest for the Big Hat for a bigger boost over.

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
Huh.. I never considered that combination. That's pretty cool! Have you considered grabbing the Guldring as well?