Bug Report. Can't save...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
Okay, so I restarted playing the game today. And for some reason I can't save. I am not sure if its an error on my part or a known bug. Whenever I attempt to save, the game gives me the following message:

You cannot save your game whilst you are in the middle of an interaction, have the codex open or are otherwise in a scene.

However none of those situations apply when I actually attempt to save.

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
1702821329891.pngThis is what it looks like when I want to save. I tried in the beginning area as well as later on in Tavros.

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
How are you accessing the Save menu?
sorry for the late reply. Thanks, I figured it out.... Turns out I was using a menu that apparently only works for loading. Seems like only the data menu accessed via main menu works for saving, while the other data menu doesn't.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
What other data menu?

In your screenshot, the icon in the lower left next to the character portrait shows a Floppy Disc (F1 hotkey). You can use that button to go directly to the save/load menu. It shows a different icon when you can only Load.

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
What other data menu?

In your screenshot, the icon in the lower left next to the character portrait shows a Floppy Disc (F1 hotkey). You can use that button to go directly to the save/load menu. It shows a different icon when you can only Load.
Yes. And if I DO go the data menu via that button you mention, I can't save. Meanwhile when I press escape to return to the main menu and go to the data menu from there, then I CAN save just fine. That is what I mean by other data menu. I guess I worded that wrong. Its the same menu, just reached by two different ways.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Yes. And if I DO go the data menu via that button you mention, I can't save. Meanwhile when I press escape to return to the main menu and go to the data menu from there, then I CAN save just fine. That is what I mean by other data menu. I guess I worded that wrong. Its the same menu, just reached by two different ways.
And you're sure it's showing the Floppy icon when you use it? Strange. Because it does work for me. What browser/platform are you using?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I recently covered some edge cases of the icon not changing when the UI was in particular screens, such as the Trade (Storage) and Drop screens. So if this is the issue, it should hopefully be solved in the next release.

Clarity has also been added to the Data menu to more obviously show if the menu is in Save or Load, but I think that has little to do with your issue at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.