Bubble's 2nd CYOA: #6

What will Lunaris do?

• Hit the road and tell her out there. It's better to not risk any plotters hearing in town, right?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
"... Temple. We should get moving before we make her wait too long."
Lunaris and Soldaris didn't take long to traverse the streets, long-familiar roads they'd known from their whole life. The billowing coats both wore were status symbols, but her mix of bronze and leather armor marked Soldaris of the nobility. Even among the devout section of the city, with idols and prayer at the tongues of the civilian yoke, people parted for the path of the tomboy.

As both made their way into the temple's grounds and then the temple itself, a massive building of stone erected fairly recently compared to the founding sections of the city like the docks or the Castle, the noise of the city drowned away. Large statues were erected along the walls and smaller effigies arranged near the front for those to pray more generally. In all of Solfria, the temple was considered a beauty of the island because of the towering ceilings and massive stone pillars.

At the alter, the familiar sight of the age-halted Darya Gul spoke with Head Priest Vohmann. Although Darya wore similar robes to Lunaris but in the colors of Marshwark (a gentle teal and lush green), it was the priest that had aged and changed much over the years of attending periodic services.

Dressed head to toe in a gaudy arrangement of color, the rainbow-like long robes trailed the ground around him. There was no rhyme or reason to the attire, simply carrying the names and associated colors of the deities whenever possible to convey dedication. Men such as Vohmann were laughable within the faith, primarily that a patron was seen as a norm among the devout. Worship and faith in all the Gods and Goddesses was, of course, ideal but not something executed believably. And considering the rumors of Vohmann molesting the females who would pray alone, most assuredly believed the priest a fraud.

The middle-aged man turned his shaved and tattooed head toward the pair, beckoning them to come close. Lunaris hesitated, shifting his staff in those hands uncertainly before Soldaris took the lead. It forces the male forward, although he moves to Darya's side as the blonde speaks.

"Priest Vohmann, I have come as you requested. What is it that you're after?" A small grasp of her blade brought the lustfilled blue gaze of the old fool from her hips and back to her face. "Take care that I am not my mother. If I feel you're trying to waste my time, I will slay you here, Gods be damned. Now, start talking."

Vohmann scowled, one of his hands moving to brush at his lengthy robes. The man was clearly not a fan of this treatment.

"Certainly... today is the day you learn of the Rituals. You're going to be tending to some affairs on the island before your mother grants your precious freedom... so allow me to instruct you, mi'lady."

Darya turns her gaze to Lunaris and studies him briefly as the magus watches the exchange, smiling as she whispers in her native tongue. "Young Luna, I see you're aroused again. Is it our young mistress or do you lust for your teacher, growing aroused in my presence knowing we may be parting?" A pat of her tome against the bulging member gets a gasp and then a scowl from the boy.

"Instructor, I already suffer enough under her. You knowing about it doesn't give you right to tease me for it! And stop talking about the past..."

A familiar smile curls at her lips, moving in close and gently tugging the now almost just as tall lad's hood up. Much like Lady Soldaria, Darya had cared for Lunaris. When the young teen had begun lessons with her, his potential was not the lone boon. Lunaris coming of age had seen a young confession from him, foolishly falling head over heels. Vivid images of that night, his hands running through that silvery and silky hair as Darya worked his prick with a magically-enhanced tongue, drawing cries from him again and again. But unlike Solaris, whom enjoyed it and made it regular, the inability to overpower the Instructor and dominate her had sealed the fate. The young male was rejected and turned away from courting the powerful magus, cutting away a world and a potential life of fucking her every night-

"Lunaris, wake up!"

The scarf-wearing boy gave a small jump, those big eyes blinking a few times before recognizing everyone was staring at him. Specifically, Solaris who had approached within mere inches of his face, a hand firmly clasping his furred shoulders. This close, he could smell the scent of simple perfumes and the light smell of copper and iron. Sometimes it was hard to forget that someone with such a masculine attitude and unkempt hair still considers herself a woman.

"Brotskia to Lunaris! I told you I need you to write this down!" The female releases the startled boy, earring jingling as he quickly reached to his satchel and pulled free the travel journal. It was a simple book, intended to record notes and things of import while traveling with the heir to Solfria's throne. Once it's open and Lunaris presses a mana-wreathed finger to the surface, his eyes jumped up and gave an apologetic nod.

"Ready my- I mean... ready, Lady Solaris."

"Good, now listen. Together, you and I will be departing to the south. We will head most of the way to Tubenter, the town my great-uncle started on the south end of the Isle to watch for invasions. Once we reach a large boulder bend in the road, we're going to cut toward the east and try to find a group of bandits that have been plaguing the place. We're going to capture or kill the shits... doesn't matter which as long as we collect vials of their blood."

The notes translate into written words as the magus slides his finger along the surface, uncertain as the notes were finished. This seemed a tad bit odd, after all.

"M-Mi'lady... why do we need their blood?"

Solaris scowls, then looks to Vohmann and waves her gloved hand at the lad. But something odd happens before Lunaris, the priest mumbling beneath his breath in Strengenese and imitating a prayer as he did so.

"Oh, this slut deserves her mother's punishment... yes, well, Lady Solaris... the blood is important to completing a ritual. Solfria was a fond believer in Mallach. Passion and love are things that intertwine with blood, such as from children or blood bonds. It's a strange belief, but the tradition of blooding one's heir is common. Retrieving that blood will be useful as we do have some rituals that call for the blood of a villain among our more... shamanistic reaches of the isle's natives. They also test to make sure it's not some simple beast's blood, but draining our own people would be unwise when we have bandits to draw from. I'm sure you could also claim their ears and return them to one of the mayors or the Lady's personal scribe for coin. So... if the Gods bless us, you'll end up making some coin to start your own adventures. Or maybe those fools she paid will bring you and your girly servant to me and you'll bear a child for your disappointed mother and I can keep him for when I grow bored."

Lunaris was shocked not once, but twice, but there wasn't much room to say a word about it as Solaris grabbed his scarf and met his gaze.

"See? So stop questioning it. We go get this blood, we return victorious, and we finally get to leave. So stop talking, close that book, and let's go!"

"B-But, Lady Solaris, y-you didn't-"

Her hand raises a finger intimidatingly, silencing the lad before turning and motioning him along. Darya is confused as to why Lunaris is acting strange, but the nervous boy is in too much of a conflict to even try to pass concern. She wouldn't have planned this, otherwise the priest would have known he could speak Strengen. Lady Soldaria also knew, however... why hadn't she warned the priest if what he was saying was true? Was this a test or real? The boy pulled his pink scarf back to cover his face, uncomfortably stuffing it to the back of his mind for now.

With Solaris at the lead, the pair made their way to the Civilian Quarter and Noble Quarter's border, the southern road reaching out before them. The woman had silenced or waved him off whenever Lunaris tried to speak on the way and whilst preparing, but now as the servants moved to gather their supplies, there was a weird tug in the boy's gut.

What was he going to do?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin Cloth: Pink [The Enes Republic]
Birthright: Hidden Potential [Perk]
Childhood: Sailor's Friend [Speak all common languages + Sailor Skill]
Career Training: Arcane Vision [Skill]
Main Hand: Old Wooden Knot-Staff [Staff] [Catalyst] [Ranged]
Off Hand: None
Armor Set: Magus Apprentice Attire [Light] [Leather]
Head: None (occupied)
Face: Enesi Origin Cloth (worn as a scarf)
Back: None
Hands: None (occupied)
Feet: None (occupied)
Ring 1: Sailor's Earring (right ear)
Ring 2: None
Waist: None (occupied)
Accessory / Pet: None
Mount: None
Gold: 100
Quest: Rituals of Solfria (Part 1): Head south, then east to locate and acquire the blood of bandits on the Isle of Solfria.
Optional: Capture or take the ears for differing rewards.