Brothel Master 3D by mvelesk

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
Hi guys. Here are some images from a project i'm currently working on. The game is now in version 0.6 - fully playable, but missing some non-essential content (such as sound). It is free to play. The game was coded in C#, using my own engine.

if you want to check it out, you can download it at: http://mvelesk.blogspot.sk/

If you have any questions, suggestions, or if you encounter any problems with the game, please let my know.

If you like the game, consider support:

https://www.patreon.com/user?ty=h&u=3406809

img01.JPG

img04.JPGimg05.JPGimg08.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jose the 5th

May 10, 2016
every time I try to load your game my computer says a unexplained exception has accrued and it will not run 

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
any feedback please? did you like the game, or is it a crap? i'm currently working on balancing issues and pacing, so if the game seems too boring with not enough action, please let me know so i can make the changes?

madman125

Jun 14, 2016
So far the game is refusing to load, it's looking for some of the files on my PC rather than in the game folder. You should probably make sure the game doesn't depend on any stuff that's only on your computer.

BM3error.png

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
you are correct, i have somehow missed that. well that is awkward :) but it is corrected and should be working now. thanks for input

Master

May 23, 2016
I open the game I waited 10 minutes and it didn't change from this: Loading: 0%

Master

May 23, 2016
Just installed the direct x still nothing (I already have the other one).

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
i'm now not sure, if the problem is with the game, or with the configuration of the computer, as i'm not sure if this is a problem in all computers. what type of operating system are you using?

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
it is probably a problem with the configuration, as i have just run the game on another two different computers and it was working fine. unfortunately, neither of them was windows 8.1. i have one other person reporting possibly the same problem so i will have to look into it closer. it may be a problem with multi-threading, or something similar.

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
unfortunately, i cannot replicate the problem on any of the computers i have available. i tried to create a new version with different multi-treading approach, but i got reports that it is not working on the same computers, that did not load the first game and the process may become unresponsive (can be stopped from task bar, or task manager). you can try it also, maybe it will work. it is downloadable here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYo4fQ2MXI_N0lWa0M1QVFkVTg

if the loading stops at different number than 0%, please let me know. anyway, i will have to sleep on it and do more testing tomorrow.

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
thanks guys, the good thing is now i know where the problem is. the bad think is i still don't know what the problem is exactly and i have no means to test if i have corrected it :) i have made some changes in the problematic part. could you please try to run it, if it corrected the problem, or if the loading now stops at different number?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYo4fQ2MXI_VHl6SEN5UGJ4M1E

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
ok, this time i have created a version, which will generate a progress log in the file "log.txt" in main directory of the game. this should show me exactly the point, where the program loops, or stops working. could you please run the game and when the file log.txt is generated, either send me it at m.velesk()gmail . com , or open it and copy the content here?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4139l71n3l9t3r7/BrothelMaster3D_v0.67.zip

Master

May 23, 2016
On it now. Edit: 

Static objects created
Map Loaded
room_lobby room_living room_living pavment pavment2 
data\builds\room_lobby.txt
 -- loading 64 components

Master

May 23, 2016
Downloading now. I'll edit my post in about 5 minutes.

Edit: Well it works but I'm not seeing a map I can hire a girl and do her schedule but I don't see any buildings or anything.

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
OK I just tried your game, downloaded and installed fine and got into the game fine too. First of all I was VERY disappointed to see that there was no full screen option, and the options screen didn't open, this is generally an instant uninstall for me, but I decided to try it anyways, hired my first girl, and was about to press the play button, when all of a sudden the screen went dark and all the buttons disappeared... 

stuntcock

Nov 1, 2015
this is the newest version, and i believe that it should work.

Game starts successfully, although it was unexpectedly slow considering the small size of the game.

The main menu is a modal dialog but it isn't always-on-top, which is a weird choice.  You can alt-tab to the splash screen, but then Windows will just make angry DING noises until you switch back.

Options button does nothing, as noted by xyzabc198.

Closing the main menu is equivalent to clicking "New Game".  The close button should probably be mapped to "Exit" ... or it could simply be disabled altogether.  It's kinda silly that pressing Alt-F4 at the main menu would begin a game session instead of ending it.

Clicking Load and then manually closing the dialog crashes the game (saves.txt file not found).  Clicking Load and then Cancel works ok.

Framerate is high and stable.

Time seems to be formatted h:m.  h:mm (or hh:mm) would be more familiar.

The schedule dialog uses Comboboxes.  Restricted drop-down menus would be more appropriate, because you aren't expecting users to type in custom text.

Keyboard shortcuts (such as Spacebar to Pause/Unpause) would make the experience more convenient.

Maximizing the game window and then restoring it causes part of the UI to vanish.  The buttons remain clickable, but most of them are permanently hidden.

Manual camera control might be a nice feature to include in the future, although the auto-tracking camera works well.

The basic gameplay activities (recruitment, assignment, income, payment) worked as expected.  I haven't played long enough to comment on balance or difficulty.  There doesn't seem to be anything for the player to do at this stage; just setup a schedule and then fast-forward (unless you want to zoom in and watch the sex scenes).

The three colored squares under the character presumably mean something, but I don't know what it is.

Nitpick: characters' eyes should probably close when they're asleep :)

If you haven't sunk too much time into the project yet, then you might consider porting your assets and code onto a different platform, such as Unity.  The DirectX and Visual C++ stuff has already caused some complications with deployment of your game, and it will tend to limit your userbase somewhat (e.g. mobile/tablet gamers are probably out of luck).  Unity would accept much of your C# code as-is (although you'd need to reorganize the project files somewhat) and it would be fairly straightforward to create a scaleable UI with full support for windowed or fullscreen gameplay.

Even though the game runs without problems on my PC, I can make it crash on startup by specifying

Code:
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="false">

in the config file.  Similarly: if I delete the config file, then the game crashes on startup.  My point is that you're currently working with a somewhat temperamental framework, and your project may still be young enough to be ported onto a more stable framework without huge amounts of re-work.  If you switch later on, then it's likely to be more painful.

mvelesk

Jun 13, 2016
well first of all, thanks to everybody for helping me with debuging. The problem was in local settings, as in my country we use ',' as decimal separator, instead of '.' as in us and i have somehow missed that. this lead to garbage date from data files. i'm smarter now, so thanks for help and patience.

about the isues:

the game is still in 0.6 version and so far, i have focused on making gameplay functional. for example, there is more than 40 sex positions in the game, as i wanted to test the animation functionality. the game is missing some important features still, such as any sound, resizing, customized windows controls and so on. option buttons is not linked, as there are currently no options :)  stuntcock thanks for suggestions, i will implement some of them into next version. for example, the quest system is planned in next version. some quest are actually working right now and you will get a message, if some is fulfilled, but there is no window to display them. manual camera control should work (using right mouse button, wheel, or both buttons together). notes about the controls functionality are helpful, some of the changes will be implemented today for a current version.

frankly, this game is only a by-product of the testing of my new engine. i was originally not planning to publish it at all, but as the project growth, i have decided to try it. it is a very simple concept and i have already ideas about better games (some adult, som non-adult), but first i would like to see if there can be support for such projects in community.