Breedwell race restrictions duration?

Hurshana

Dec 3, 2015
Is the limitation against non-bipeds for Breedwell a permanent thing, or will it be changed at some point?

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Probably permanent. Unless someone is gonna code the scenes for a non-biped.

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
Coders say it's hard to code so they make up the excuse in game that it's only for bipeds when you are a taur, your character even comments on it."Gob smacking racism that what it is."
Can you provide an example of someone saying "it's hard to code"? It's almost certainly not. The scenes aren't written such that a taur pc would make sense using them. If someone rewrites the scenes, or pays nonesuch to do so, then support for taur characters will be allowed. It is not, and to my knowledge is never, about taur support being "hard to code" (nor has that ever been stated) but far more to do with the scenes having been written for biped (more often even plantigrade) characters and the extra effort for scenes to be made available to the minority of taur pcs is either not worth it or more specifically not paid for.
Please stop spreading toxic misinformation and implications of laziness.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Can you provide an example of someone saying "it's hard to code"? It's almost certainly not. The scenes aren't written such that a taur pc would make sense using them. If someone rewrites the scenes, or pays nonesuch to do so, then support for taur characters will be allowed. It is not, and to my knowledge is never, about taur support being "hard to code" (nor has that ever been stated) but far more to do with the scenes having been written for biped (more often even plantigrade) characters and the extra effort for scenes to be made available to the minority of taur pcs is either not worth it or more specifically not paid for.
Please stop spreading toxic misinformation and implications of laziness.

Ask Savin he'll tell you the same thing he told me and a number of other taur players. " the reason we don't have more taur stuff is because it's hard to code into the game."

Ask Savin ask quiet coyote ask anyone who codes or writes for the game they will tell you what I've told you, it's hard to code taur stuff and account for the the body type in all scenes.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Ask Savin he'll tell you the same thing he told me and a number of other taur players. " the reason we don't have more taur stuff is because it's hard to code into the game."

Ask Savin ask quiet coyote ask anyone who codes or writes for the game they will tell you what I've told you, it's hard to code taur stuff and account for the the body type in all scenes.
No, no they won't tell you that:

No, you can't have naga/taur/other non-bipedal body types. That is a line in the sand that has been drawn for over two years.

The design philosophy behind this entire game is, "If you can't do something well, don't do it at all." TiTS and CoC1's handling of non-bipeds is abortive at best, barely extant at worst. Rather than trying to whip content creators into wasting more and more time trying to actively include variants for these niche body types in every single event and scene where body type is relevant, I made the decision to cut them altogether. It makes for a more coherent experience for the player, and a much more pleasant writing experience for the content creators.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Coders say it's hard to code so they make up the excuse in game that it's only for bipeds when you are a taur, your character even comments on it."Gob smacking racism that what it is."

It's not hard to code, it's literally 1 line of code "if(this.pc.isTaur)". It's hard to write scenes that accommodate both taurs and bipeds and you're limiting the number of sex positions you can write. So most scenes are taur exclusive or biped exclusive. Besides, not every writer likes taur stuff.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Hey, I know what I was told, i asked Savin on the discord, asked them here, said the same thing to me. Hard to code in and write in every scene that you're a taur or you have four arms.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure this one just came down to Nonesuch not wanting to write more just for a small group of players. It's double the work, or triple if you also add naga stuff, for a little fraction of the playerbase.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
At this point the restriction shouldn't really exist since most of the time non-bipeds still see scenes as if they were, it just feels like an unnecessary antagonism. Don't want to write variants, then don't. But why, with no good reason, cut off access?

Reactions: Aimless Rogue

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Personally I feel like, if you weren't gonna write the future scenes then why give the ability to do it? Most taurs just get like one or two scenes once in a while in game and then just get cut off from meeting people, sex scenes, doing certain things, and lastly breedwell.

Being a taur or Anything that's not a biped isn't really worth it because your gonna be excluded from things. It feels almost like a tease from the game for being one at times.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
My feeling is that the ability to become a taur should never have been included - particularly after the experience of CoC - exactly because most scenes would pretend they don't exist, one way or another. I don't think features should be implemented unless they're going to be properly supported.

I don't care if someone here wants to badger Fen into allowing them to use Breedwell. I only barred them because somebody brought them up whilst I was writing it, and I thought it better to say the station isn't set up to support them than completely ignore their existence. I'm not going to write special scenes for them at Breedwell unless somebody funds me to do it.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Unfortunate, but it makes sense that non-biped scenes would be harder to write for.

Not necessarily harder, the problem is trying to make scenes that can accommodate both. That's why most of the time is one or the other.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
As a coder, including taurs and naga body types isn't hard, just extra work. As mentioned above, it is all the extra writing required that limits the content.