Breeding Season (For Phil Ein Blank)

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Jay Helmsleif was a medicore student at best.  Noone expected him to graduate from the Academy, but graduate he did.  Many would say it was because of his name,  Helgrad Helmsleif, Jay's long dead great uncle,  helped to create the Academy long ago.

But if ask Jay, he would say he understands the material, but the test questions are always so confusing.  And the physical stuff would be easy, if it weren't for the girls, they're too distracting.

Walking the streets, fresh from the ceremony, Jay renews his vow to make the Helmsleif name famous again.  He'll go on a grand adventure and come back rich and famous.  There was only one problem, he has no idea where to start.  And maybe find some help too.

Might: 3

Agiltiy: 3

Intellect: 2

Charima: 2

'Prestigious Name - You recieve a +3 bonus to Charm Checks when you invoke your family name. Doing so can make you noticed though...'
The whole world stretched before you now. The graduation was long, and more than a little boring. So much of your family was there, including Uncle Rupert of course. As the son of the founder of the academy, and the current patriarch of the Helmslieff family though, you knew that he was not there for you. He was there for the family, the position that you held in society.

No matter though. You had your families money burning a hole in your pocket. Catching a ship to some backwater world and making a name for yourself should not be too much of a problem. For the first time, you feel free.

This is a big city though, and there is a lot to do before you head to the spaceport. Taverns to visit, equipment to collect, even old friends to see. Money is not exactly an object and you can do what you like!

What does a free man do first?

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Free, finally free of those tedious family obligations, well almost.  Just one last thing, the Banquet, it was held every year for the highest ranked graduates.  Someone of my standing would normally never be invited, but because of family I was exspected to at least make an appearance.  And,  Ugh, Veronica will be there of course, as one of the top five she might even give a speech.  I can't stand her, she pretended to like me until first semester rankings were released and I was the fool.

Breaking away from the crowd I consider what to do until then.  Fingering the survival knife given to all graduates, I decide it would be best to start with some proper gear.  The survival knife was of course more than merely a knife, it was a multipurpose survival tool.  It had multiple navigation aids that should work on almost any world and  a thermal lighter to start fires with, bit it was hardly a heroic weapon.  I head into one of the shops that caters to higher end clients.  I start with the armor, looking for something  light and flexible.  Then a sturdy long coat, for the image.  Next a pair of side arms, one heavy, one fast.  Dual wielding always looks cool.  And finally, a heroic looking blade.  

Bringing my purchases to the shopgirl, "Hey beautiful, Tomorrow I'm off to god knows where, possibly never to return.  Care to join me for one last night of fun and comfort?"