Bothric Addiction

barrett1980

Jan 25, 2019
So my character's bothric addition is at 100% and I completed the scene with Ara Kei. One small problem now - lol. How the hell do I get the addiction level down? The lust is staying at 75% which makes big battles nearly impossible.

A

Athena

Once you reach 100%, it cannot be lowered. You'll need to find ways to increase your maximum lust and/or willpower.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Training with Ramis or Mirrin can increase Will.
Inhuman Desire increases maximium Lust, but most sources come with an increase to minimum Lust. I don't know if the minimum lust increases would stack with Bothrioc Addiction. Avoid anything that causes 'Easy'.

An Airtight armor like the Atma Armor Mk 1 can negate certain Lust attacks (the Nyrean Princess in particular only has one attack, which is blocked by Airtight). Atma Armor is particularly good because it has additional Lust resistances.

What's your Libido? Can you decrease it with Chill Pills?

According to the Wiki, Peace of Mind (if you have it) increases Minimum Lust by 20. I'm not sure where the rest is coming from. Are you carrying Bothrioc eggs?

Can you give a little more information about your character or post a save file? The minimum lust increase may not be from Bothrioc Addiction.

In the mean time: Minimum Lust

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Once addiction hits 100% its irreversible.

File this incident under the heading: consequences.

Reactions: Hurshana

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Once addiction hits 50% it's irreversible. The real problem is the cripplingly high minimum Lust. Something like this can and should have consequences, but it shouldn't render the character unable to progress without being a Bad End.

However, as I said, I'm not sure the minimum lust is the result of the Addiction. It may be something else, and be solvable without needing to remove the addiction.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Well you could always bring it down with a save editor if you really wanted to

gena138

Feb 2, 2017
I think it's kinda silly that it never goes down when all the other addictions do

A

Athena

I think it's kinda silly that it never goes down when all the other addictions do

The fact that it locks above 50% and eventually 100% is an odd choice, and serves to punish players for engaging with them. Then again, I have lots of issues with the Bothrioc, and addiction mechanics in general.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
To be fair it's because the author likely hates you and wants you to suffer the consequences. Or that was what they were commissioned. Either or.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Red venom addiction also locks doesn't it?

gena138

Feb 2, 2017
Red venom addiction also locks doesn't it?
Yes, but it doesn't lock the instant you hit 100% addiction if I recall. You have to go a little extra overboard for it to lock. And even if that's not the case, it still doesn't lock at 50% either.
Also, when I was writing that, I think I had the impression in my head that bothrioc addiction never goes down regardless of addiction level. Not quite sure why that's what was going on in my head

barrett1980

Jan 25, 2019
Training with Ramis or Mirrin can increase Will.
Inhuman Desire increases maximium Lust, but most sources come with an increase to minimum Lust. I don't know if the minimum lust increases would stack with Bothrioc Addiction. Avoid anything that causes 'Easy'.

An Airtight armor like the Atma Armor Mk 1 can negate certain Lust attacks (the Nyrean Princess in particular only has one attack, which is blocked by Airtight). Atma Armor is particularly good because it has additional Lust resistances.

What's your Libido? Can you decrease it with Chill Pills?

According to the Wiki, Peace of Mind (if you have it) increases Minimum Lust by 20. I'm not sure where the rest is coming from. Are you carrying Bothrioc eggs?

Can you give a little more information about your character or post a save file? The minimum lust increase may not be from Bothrioc Addiction.

In the mean time: Minimum Lust

This is GREAT information! Thanks! I do have the Peace of Mind (oops). And I have black latex skin (from Poe A). Used a couple of Chill Pills and got libido down to 29. I've uploaded the most recent save log. I would very much like to hear some additional ideas for keeping the lust level down. Thanks!

Attachments

• TTS Save Log.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 3

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Your minimum Lust seems to be 20.

Focus Pills can be used to decrease active Lust.
Foursome with the Huskar Twins decreases Libido by 2 each time. Your Taint is at 1%, so you can't reduce it to 0 yet.
Save Editored in 15 Chill Pills, was able to reduce your Libido to 3.
Are you masturbating when your Lust gets high? You can also have sex with your Siegwulfe (Interact in the Inventory), even in spaces you can't masturbate.

You have latex skin, but not the Black Latex perk. Testing with the Save Editor, it's Minimum Lust increase doesn't stack with Peace of Mind's, so you'd still have 20 minimum.
True Doll for +5 Sexiness might appeal to you.

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
The Inhumane Desire talk gave me an idea. Most of the stuff gives you the "Easy" perk or raises your minimum lust except for one. The male treatment transform gives you 40 points to your lust bar without giving you a minimum lust, effectively giving you 140 maximum Lust. Its only real downsides is it maxes your libido but that can reduced back down to its minimum with the use of chill pills.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The 'Bull' version also gives you 'Brute Speech' which alters certain scenes and locks you out of romancing Bianca (as does Ditz Speech), if you care about that.

'Amazon' on the other hand, still increases Maximum Lust by 40, and Amazonian Needs increases minimum Lust by 20 (Wiki says it's additive, but after a quick test, it seems to not stack with Peace of Mind, so minimum Lust would still be 20.) Amazon only has a 33% chance to grow a penis if you don't have one already (the character in question is female). I don't know if it changes dialog in any scenes, but it doesn't look like it locks you out of Bianca, from my testing so far.

Reactions: Athena

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
The 'Bull' version also gives you 'Brute Speech' which alters certain scenes and locks you out of romancing Bianca (as does Ditz Speech), if you care about that.

'Amazon' on the other hand, still increases Maximum Lust by 40, and Amazonian Needs increases minimum Lust by 20 (Wiki says it's additive, but after a quick test, it seems to not stack with Peace of Mind, so minimum Lust would still be 20.) Amazon only has a 33% chance to grow a penis if you don't have one already (the character in question is female). I don't know if it changes dialog in any scenes, but it doesn't look like it locks you out of Bianca, from my testing so far.
Peace of mind sets minimum lust to at least 20 at all times

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Peace of mind sets minimum lust to at least 20 at all times
The point was Peace of Mind + Amazonian Needs =/= 40 Minimum Lust.

Despite Amazonian Needs being listed as Additive on the Lust Wiki page.

Last edited: