Ben/Bess portrait ... make them interchangeable. (Just between the male and female)

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
The topic says it all. Picking the initial gender is fun to the discovery, but since you can alter body type and genitals ANYWAYS, why not make it so you can switch which of the two portraits you want to use? That way the sexbot can be retooled as you like if you get bored with one or the other. :3

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Problem is Bess/Ben can have many variation even inside male/female froms...and let say this one NPC seems more fitting to be left to poeple imagination hos s/he looking then giving some ready form as if we get some base male or female bust after soem time someone could try poke for more versions and this will ensd up with Bess/Ben have as many possible busts like all current npc all together ;) I think still we got not enough npc that could be all together with more busts versions than possible Bess/.Ben ones.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If you just want to be able to select it in the same way that other artists' busts can be selected on a per-NPC basis, that's easily done. Ask @Jacques00.

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Problem is Bess/Ben can have many variation even inside male/female froms...and let say this one NPC seems more fitting to be left to poeple imagination hos s/he looking then giving some ready form as if we get some base male or female bust after soem time someone could try poke for more versions and this will ensd up with Bess/Ben have as many possible busts like all current npc all together ;) I think still we got not enough npc that could be all together with more busts versions than possible Bess/.Ben ones.

No I get that totally and I'm not asking for all the variations. That would no so unnecessarily complex. I just mean give the option to choose between the current, existing, male and female portraits. :p  

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Nekotamaishi Well current one two version are choise when PC picks it general gender at the start. Wat would give you able to change it afterward? Or you mean for case when PC will keeping Bess make her change to look almsot like Ben?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The initial choice can set the initial picture, then you can just use the gear to change it. It might not be immersive, but eh.

Actually, I wouldn't mind commissioning say, a dozen busts. Maybe we can get a pool going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
@Nekotamaishi Well current one two version are choise when PC picks it general gender at the start. Wat would give you able to change it afterward? Or you mean for case when PC will keeping Bess make her change to look almsot like Ben?

Yeah exactly. I mean you can adjust every body parameter almost on the NPC. Change genitalia, shape, etc. So if you took Ben and feminized him give the option to switch to the Bess portrait or vice versa. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Nekotamaishi Yeah well if it this case then... @Jacques00 if you see it...what chances to make some code fix to make it automaticaly switching busts when Bess became too manly or Ben to femme fatale? xD

@IVIysteriousPerson Well with busts not usualy showing below waist generic futa could be easily made formone fo the alreadyones pics probably female one...unless it will be made that it will have it cock going stright up so to get in area of bust normaly showed to show it's not just female but futa instead.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Well, the thing is, it's not that the two portraits were split between gendered forms, it was more that they were split between make and model numbers. It's hard to see in the shrunken sprite images, but on their ass cheek, there is a "BESS XIII" and a "Ben XIV" printed on each, respectively. If each variant had sub-varation artwork, that would be fine to change up, but as it is now, Ben and Bess are actually two different models of the same product line (if that makes any sense), and the current artwork reflects that.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well I think OP meant that with using customization options Bess can be made looking almsotlike Ben and vice versa thus this pela for allow to switch busts. And I do understand that no matter how manly PC will make Bess still on her ass will be places Bess XIII no matter if she looks exactly or almost like Ben XiV.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Well, the thing is, it's not that the two portraits were split between gendered forms, it was more that they were split between make and model numbers. It's hard to see in the shrunken sprite images, but on their ass cheek, there is a "BESS XIII" and a "Ben XIV" printed on each, respectively. If each variant had sub-varation artwork, that would be fine to change up, but as it is now, Ben and Bess are actually two different models of the same product line (if that makes any sense), and the current artwork reflects that.

Given that we can't even really see the model numbers on the shrunken spite images the busts would still work pretty well if made interchangeable. Besides busts don't need to be exact. There are already a lot of busts with inaccuracies like how Ceria's bust fails to show her sylvenol arms. (Her clothed bust has them but the nude variant removes them as if they were gloves.) And barely any of the busts depict breast sizes that actually match up with written descriptions. The character portraits are best treated as fuzzy approximation of a character's appearance rather than genuinely canon depictions.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Milkman And Bess/Ben is prime example with so huge variations that trying to give them bust is actualy toughest one as it will be always one of just few of whole sea of possible versions of bust.

Well for pics bust sizes...that even vary between diff artists for the same npc so...how could we get it standarized for all npc's?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I'm not talking about making a bust for every version of Bess that's insanity/ would basically require  nearly the same amount of effort as a PC character viewer. All I'm talking is about letting the currently existing Ben and Bess busts be interchangeable. The only reason why they currently aren't is because apparently they each have their model numbers written in the image. I was just pointing out that that's a discrepancy of little to no consequence compared to others that already exist in game.