being called a goblin just because i have elf ears!?

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
hello i wanted to ask if theres any way to change my race ingame to "Human" Instead of "Goblin"? I save editted as soon as i started to try to make my character more like me and im being called a goblin now ;-; i get called that irl and i hate it. i dont have any features of a goblin other then being short 4'6 (yes i know im tiny yap all you want idc) and having elf ears. i tested increasing the height to 5 ft and it still calls me goblin but when i change my ears back to human i get called human again... is there any way to keep the ears? I think elf ears are super cute and wish i had them irl :p pls tell me there is a way to be human with my current build? its very annoying getting bullied by the game... im tired of being told irl how i have to be cautious of anyone ever showing interest in me cuz they are probably into little girls and im lonely so im trying to play this game for some fun and be myself while not having to worry about pedophiles or getting called wierd and even this game is bullying me oh. my. goodness.

• Haha
Reactions: Malidica

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
That's the game working as intended. Goblins are defined by being short and having pointy ears, so if your Champ is short and pointy-eared and doesn't have any other traits that would push their race toward something else like Wyld Elf (like having a wyld mark) guess what's going to happen?

Reactions: Mercuriussnake

Abi3264

Dec 24, 2023
They're also supposed to be a shade of green, you'd think that a smaller elf could exist in lore, I know it's because of game code limitations and to not make it too complicated, can't fault the team for that, but it's a bit a shame it does limit people's rp.

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
That's the game working as intended. Goblins are defined by being short and having pointy ears, so if your Champ is short and pointy-eared and doesn't have any other traits that would push their race toward something else like Wyld Elf (like having a wyld mark) guess what's going to happen?
goblins are supposed to be green skinned though :(

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
They're also supposed to be a shade of green, you'd think that a smaller elf could exist in lore, I know it's because of game code limitations and to not make it too complicated, can't fault the team for that, but it's a bit a shame it does limit people's rp.
ya and short humans exxist too even irl!! (like me) is there any way i can notify a dev about this and see if they would consider making green skin a must for goblin race?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
goblins are supposed to be green skinned though :(
Not necessarily. From their codex entry:
"Goblins are one of the most peculiar races in all of Savarra, if simply for their natural variability. Their race's gift of sampling the traits of any other race they mate with has resulted in such a wide variety of physical features that it can sometimes be hard to identify a goblin on sight."
Other parts of the entry note that while green skin is typical, it's not universal. Ergo, when you have the other two distinctive traits and you don't have something like a wyld mark to make the spaghetti code that is the race tracker decide you're something else, you're a goblin.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
being short 4'6
I would just like to say as another <5ft I totally feel you lol.

Short and pointy ears defaulting to goblin is a great injustice, we are smol elves/humans! I never knew the only in-game distinction from goblin for my champ was the fluffy tail.

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
Not necessarily. From their codex entry:

Other parts of the entry note that while green skin is typical, it's not universal. Ergo, when you have the other two distinctive traits and you don't have something like a wyld mark to make the spaghetti code that is the race tracker decide you're something else, you're a goblin.
o i didnt know that thats pretty cool! im new to the game sorry i havent read the goblin entry in my codex yet cuz i havent met one yet i think havent checked. but i just assumed like general perception, that goblins here too were greenskinned, and stuff. their entry just seems like they are humans but short with the wide variety stuff. i guess its not as annoying knowing that but still i want to be human or at the least elf :(

GiantSun

Dec 30, 2019
I would just like to say as another <5ft I totally feel you lol.

Short and pointy ears defaulting to goblin is a great injustice, we are smol elves/humans! I never knew the only in-game distinction from goblin for my champ was the fluffy tail.
thanks sis ;-;

really a fluffy tail can fix it? i have 6 pairs of white wings cuz i think itd be pretty but it still calls me goblin thats super weird... do wings not have the same weight in race points as tails or something? maybe ill try tails, they are cute too :D

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
thanks sis ;-;

really a fluffy tail can fix it? i have 6 pairs of white wings cuz i think itd be pretty but it still calls me goblin thats super weird... do wings not have the same weight in race points as tails or something? maybe ill try tails, they are cute too :D
I think the tail should work atleast!

"You are...an elven white mage and Adventurer.
You are a wyld elf female noble scion, standing 4'9" tall...
...a pair of triangular, elven ears. They stick out a full 4 inches from the sides of your head. Small extra muscles let them twitch or droop expressively.
...A swishing, blonde fox tail extends from your soft butt, curling around your body — the soft fur feels lovely."

Those are the only 'non-human' stuff my champ has and she comes out as a wyld elf so hopefully that would be enough to shift away from goblin

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
I am pretty certain that having 'smooth' skin (which you can get from Gold Eggs or Wyld Wine as a body transformation - you might need to save-scum a little even if you alchemically refine the transformative) will make you an elf, not a goblin. Had this same issue on my first playthrough when I realised all kitsunes are jerks wanted to be seduced by Hashat (worth it - beautifully written scenes). A 'refined' face from Wyld Wine will also work to push you over the edge if the skin alone doesn't do it.

Just tested this on my active save with smooth skin, and got labelled an elf while 4'8", without a wyld mark and with a human face.

Last edited: