Being a Valkyrie, and what it entails.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
So, I'm genuinely curious. I just got back into the games after not having played for a hot minute, and I plan to soul-bind myself to Lumia, and I was wondering how the people the champ knows who follow her religion reacts to that. I know with the kitsune path it wasn't really talked about, and that did make sense since most of the Marshes don't really know much about them besides tales of them being vampiric beings that steal your life force away. But with characters who actively believe in Lumia, wouldn't it make sense for them to have something to say about the transformation? Obviously I don't know if they mention it at all yet, but I honestly hope they do. Making them all react would likely take a lot of work, but wouldn't it only make sense that they would react to the champ being turned into a champion of their faith? Especially since the transformation stands out more than the kitsune one does. No one outside of the den would really know the champ was Kero's champion, but with the Valkyrie transformation it's kinda obvious that the champ has become a champion of Lumia.

Obviously I respect if the amount of work would make it low on the list of priorities, if it's even on that list to begin with. As I said it would be a lot of work, so I don't fault the writers if they don't bring it up at all, quite frankly I probably wouldn't do it either if I was in their shoes, I was just curious to know if it was a thing, or if it was a thing planned to be added down the line. It would be cool for it to be acknowledged, but I totally get if it isn't.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Reactions among Lumians to the Champ are currently limited but that doesn't mean more will be added later and it was always going to be a 'limited in scope' deal, versus the floofs where it's an entire race that reacts to you. At this point outside of Lumia and the valkyries themselves it's mainly Sanders and Lia who react.

As for standing out, it's actually the most subtle of the soulbinds since it doesn't need to have any visible effects; The glowy eyes mostly show up when they're channeling Lumia's power and while physical wings are one of the options, the ethereal wings you can choose to have only manifest when the valkyrie needs them to.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Reactions among Lumians to the Champ are currently limited but that doesn't mean more will be added later and it was always going to be a 'limited in scope' deal, versus the floofs where it's an entire race that reacts to you. At this point outside of Lumia and the valkyries themselves it's mainly Sanders and Lia who react.

As for standing out, it's actually the most subtle of the soulbinds since it doesn't need to have any visible effects; The glowy eyes mostly show up when they're channeling Lumia's power and while physical wings are one of the options, the ethereal wings you can choose to have only manifest when the valkyrie needs them to.
Oh yeah, I figured it wouldn't be a ton of reactions assuming there was any at all. So to see there's a few still makes me happy. Sanders and Lia were primarily the ones I was curious about, since they're the most present people with experience in worshiping Lumia due to them being in town and not somewhere else. And I'm assuming that the Boreal Elves are used to them, so to them it probably wouldn't be a super big deal. As for being the most subtle, I didn't actually realize it could be that 'hidden' since I assumed that physical wings were a given. It's cool that they have options for wings though.

As for the kitsune one, I'm of mixed feelings primarily due to the general attitude towards the champ by the foxes. This isn't a post for hate, especially since I actually personally really like the den due to their lore, but it does make sense that they'd be the ones with the most reactions. Especially since basically all the foxes are written by the same person, so it makes it easier to bake their reactions into the characters by default, whereas every other character is done by different people making it harder to really coordinate any form of reaction on a bigger scale. So as I said, I totally understand why there's little to no reaction to the transformations of the other gods.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
I'll admit, I hope there's an interaction with Selima about becoming a Valkyrie. That girl deserves the best after everything she's been through, and to see how broken she feels over the lost connection to Lumia breaks my heart. I know the harem kitties aren't exactly prime real-estate when it comes to new content, but god I can't help but want to help her regain her confidence and get her back to feeling proud and confident enough to once again regain her powers. To make her feel whole again, as opposed to the feeling of hollowness that she feels without Lumia's light.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Unfortunately there isn't. Kitties are considered content complete afaik. Selima's church scene doesn't change either if you've soulbinded to lumia.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
As for being the most subtle, I didn't actually realize it could be that 'hidden' since I assumed that physical wings were a given. It's cool that they have options for wings though.
Mhm!

There are three valkyries with full body art in game. One, Eira, has physical wings. Another, Annika, has ethereal wings, and while her clothed and CG art depict them her nude art does not. The third, Thrud, has ethereal wings and they don't show up in her art at all.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Unfortunately there isn't. Kitties are considered content complete afaik. Selima's church scene doesn't change either if you've soulbinded to lumia.
Yeah I knew it was unlikely that there would be an impact there at all. I adore the kitties though, so can't blame a girl for dreaming, haha.

Mhm!

There are three valkyries with full body art in game. One, Eira, has physical wings. Another, Annika, has ethereal wings, and while her clothed and CG art depict them her nude art does not. The third, Thrud, has ethereal wings and they don't show up in her art at all.

That's really cool, not gonna lie. I'm excited to get to the Valkyrie content at this point, haha.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015

Savin acknowledged that her reacting would be a good idea, so that's probably going to be added sometime down the line.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Savin acknowledged that her reacting would be a good idea, so that's probably going to be added sometime down the line.
Love to see it! Obviously it isn't the most important thing in the world, but I'll always be happy to see reactions being added to the soul-bound transformations. Especially since like every other transformation, it goes beyond being skin-deep.