"Bear Man" on Tavros is broken

DuaneDibbley

Oct 23, 2022

The game softlocks with no error dump when you encounter "Bear Man" on Tavros station. All directional motion arrows are greyed out and there are no selectable options below the game-text portion of the screen. All you can do from this softlock is go to the main menu or load from a save/save file.

This effectively makes it impossible to interact with both Aina and Paige as they reside beyond the square this bear is intent upon breaking.

See attached screenshot and save file.

BearMan.jpg

Attachments

• Right before the broken bear.json
    581.5 KB · Views: 1
Jan 28, 2022
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting this exact same error. Save file included.

Attachments

• Alyssa (M) - 17Hrs 35Mins, 4 Days - Tavros Station, Kalas.json
    592.4 KB · Views: 2

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
already fixed for next patch as stated in another bug report, assuming your both trying get to paige you can save just before entering that tile exit the game and revert to a prior version of the game if you still have one or have access to backer builds and you can get his meeting done that way. he will then function as normal when go back up to the current verson

Jan 28, 2022
already fixed for next patch as stated in another bug report, assuming your both trying get to paige you can save just before entering that tile exit the game and revert to a prior version of the game if you still have one or have access to backer builds and you can get his meeting done that way. he will then function as normal when go back up to the current verson

I don't have a prior version or backer access.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It's a little unwieldy, but you can use the Cheat Menu to teleport past him.

Cheat Menu: Load your save, then go to the title screen and click on the dot in the 'i' of TiTS 3 times. Cheats will appear as a new tab in the Options menu.
There's probably a Flag you can set via the Console, but I don't know what it is.

DuaneDibbley

Oct 23, 2022
I was able to load a save in 0.9.022-PUBLIC, get past Bhakar's intial interaction, save again, and then reload in 0.9.023-PUBLIC and play as normal. It's fortunate I still had version 0.9.022 on my computer. Lately it seems downgrading and/or cheats are outright REQUIRED to play the game normally. Fixing one issue for the upcoming release tends to break 6 things that previously worked as a result.