Barbarian Physique

Daft Hellians

Jul 8, 2017
So, I'm fiddling around and playing with an unhealthy amount of TFs, and I noticed the journal describing my character with a 'barbarian physique' rather than the usual 'bodybuilder physique'. I'm trying now to reverse engineer the requirements for the term to be used, but it's not height, tone, or thickness, as CoC2Ed shows those values aren't changing...so I'm unclear what's proc'ing it.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
Yes. Buying bacon from the farm is the fastest and easiest way to raise thickness. It also lowers tone, but using the rack at the Hawkethorne gym cancels out the loss.

The wiki has a table with the general ranges of the body type descriptions.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Daft Hellians

Jul 8, 2017
Compared to the bodybuilder physique, the barbarian/amazonian physique has lower tone and higher thickness/butt/hip/belly scores.
Just so. Figured out it was the increasing of the ass rating proc'ing it in my case. Boy, what an odd sentence out of context.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Yes, but considering what it changes, there's little to no reason to change it manually.

Solitary Traveler

May 14, 2021
under a rock
Sure, it's only a blurb on the appearance screen and occasionally pops up in sex scenes. It's minor, but you're stuck with the belly you had at character creation. You can become a ripped-as-hell bodybuilder, but will always have a beer gut because you chose bear physique from the start. Perhaps raw belly rating could be tied to overall thickness or something like that.

It just seems like an oversight to me to not be able to change it, but I understand it's more work for the coders and probably too small to be worth addressing.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Sure, it's only a blurb on the appearance screen and occasionally pops up in sex scenes. It's minor, but you're stuck with the belly you had at character creation. You can become a ripped-as-hell bodybuilder, but will always have a beer gut because you chose bear physique from the start. Perhaps raw belly rating could be tied to overall thickness or something like that.

It just seems like an oversight to me to not be able to change it, but I understand it's more work for the coders and probably too small to be worth addressing.
Belly code is kind of nightmarish. It also interacts with pregnancy, of course, which makes changing other things about it difficult. As I understand it, altering the way the game handles bellies would be a significant project.

...but, in my opinion, a worthwhile one.

Solitary Traveler

May 14, 2021
under a rock
Oh wow, none other than the esteemed Alypia is quoting me; I am not worthy! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Miss Alypia, but I believe there are two separate instances of belly rating - raw belly rating, which is what is what is decided by initial physique choice, not affected by pregnancy/cum inflation and otherwise immutable (what we've been discussing here), and "regular" belly rating which is affected temporarily by pregnancy and cum inflation.

Now, I'm no code monkey, but from what little I can glean, I would imagine having these split among two factors as such should make things a little more manageable. Far be it from me to dictate what is and what is not manageable, however - if the coders say no that's the end of it.

But I wholeheartedly agree it would be a worthwhile endeavor.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
The way I understand it from the wiki, you add "Raw Rating" (determined at character creation) and "Rating Modifier" together to get your total Hips Rating, Butt Rating or Belly Rating.

The wiki says that Raw Ratings chosen at character creation can be modified, but then in the specific entries it says it cannot be changed. So if you choose a bigger body frame at character creation, it seems like there is no way to reduce it. For example, pick Overweight and you'll always have a belly so huge you look pregnant no matter what you do.

Maybe I don't understand how it works? It sounds like Raw Ratings should be modifiable (champions are able to modify their bodies) and Rating Modifiers shouldn't (they just happen for various reasons).