background music?

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Personally, I'd rather games NOT have their own music in general - if I want to listen to music, I will play something from my own voluminous collection.
The only exception is when a game uses the music to help inform me of what is going on - e.g. Serious Sam did very well with having 3 "types" of music: you are safe, something bad sees you, and it's on like Donkey Kong.
Given the nature of TiTs, I don't know if it could really benefit from music in this way.

Cynical Uke

May 19, 2016
Indiana
Listening to personal playlists is always an option, my latest playthrough I listened to the Neotokyo OST and the Perfect Dark OST, and if not those, a lot of synthwave compilations are fitting enough for any sci-fi setting.

Though it would be nice to have the option of a curated soundtrack with certain tracks that play in certain environments. Specific ambient tracks that would give off a feeling of being cold on Uveto, action tracks that trigger when combat begins, etc. A dynamic soundtrack system capable of doing that would be a lot of work though, so I'd have to say it's pretty unlikely.