Backer Poll Question

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Penny has wanted a dick for so long that she's so very tempted to use the highly illegal and addictive drug.
I think the reason why she was so eager to take Throbb was because it was the quickest, easiest, cheapest, and the closest option to her at that moment. That's why I asked Fen if there would be a much safer way of turning her into a herm, like NotYouNori said, 'Why not just give her Virection"
I should have added, " when she becomes a crewmember, will there then be a safer way?"

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
To me it seems like Penny just has an addictive personality and this is also what the cumslut expansion picked up on. There's a sort of weakness in her that causes her to latch onto and become influenced by people with stronger personalities. With her roommate it was some furry mods that she then got addicted to and took way further than her friend did but with addicts there's really no "getting there". Wherever she got the dick idea from Steele (because while custom PCs may not really have strong personalities they're given all the benefits of one for the purposes of a game) can then push her addiction further and further and she goes along with it because it's in her nature to take it too far. So in this case it's not only that Throbb was the only dick-grower at the time but also the nature of Throbb itself that calls to her like a siren song.

I'd say a good crewmate arc for vanilla Penny would be Steele acting as her guide for where to stop - with dick mods or anything else. Some of that may have been inadvertent bleed over from making space Urta since the addictive personality was part of her, too.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Bro, pay attention. Defined crew member roles that provide tangible benefits were stated, on multiple occasions, to be something devs lean strongly towards, particularly when it comes ship combat.
Yeah, that's what I was saying: that when more of that is implemented it may actually feel like Steele Jr. is hiring a crew and not buying a sad harem under a flimsy pretense. That and involving the crew with some questlines, even if it's just flavor text but possibly setting up something like an obstacle that you'd need a _____ for (let's say mechanic) and then using your designated crewmate to get past it can also help to clear the Camp Waifu holdover vibes and give people a sense that choosing a crew is an important and cool thing beyond a simple buy up everyone who's down on their luck impulse.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
We need def ship mechanics first or all those talks on new crew members or not will be moot since all of them still be stuffen into overcrowded space tracker PC keep using all the time. Does you all noticed that more and more stuff getting delayed cuz...ship mechanics/combat is still not done. Or maybe it's easy to use excuse by devs for X or Y content not been added cuz...we got no ship mechanics/combat implemented yet.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It's probably because she has very little content compared to the leaders in the poll, and as such isn't given as much of opportunity to leave an impression. It doesn't help that there's a wait time between being able to see her talk options. I mean, I like her as a character, but I don't think I've read all her dialogue more than once (I'm not even completely sure I've ever read it all), as I usually try to do something between each talk instead of resting several times, and I keep forgetting how far I've gotten. Basically, it's probably because of a lack of content and a lack of availability to what content she has.
All valid points. If she had more sex scenes (like her upgraded robot-competition scene that exists but is locked), she would have had more popularity. Tarkus being a less popular planet overall doesn't help either; same for her store being not that great, though the Cargobot is nice and the Hoverboard is a cute reference and a nice device for RPing.
CS Penny just feels...wrong, a strong, determined woman turned into a....well, brainless cumslut. Feels like a waste when it's a character I like I suppose.
Also, she's not dumbed down, nor brainless, by any means, just fallen to her addiction to pleasure. While the efficiency of her job is debatable, she still performs it and at any time she can be talked out of it (last I knew).
I'm with Karretch here. Cum-slut Penny has a problem and reduced overall efficiency even when you talk her down from her worst slutting benders, sure, but she can function outside of having sex and I assume (hope, really) that she can be cured at some point.

I suggest we all just be thankful that Bimbo Penny wasn't in that poll.

That and involving the crew with some questlines, even if it's just flavor text but possibly setting up something like an obstacle that you'd need a _____ for (let's say mechanic) and then using your designated crewmate to get past it can also help to clear the Camp Waifu holdover vibes and give people a sense that choosing a crew is an important and cool thing beyond a simple buy up everyone who's down on their luck impulse.
Those same occupation-based obstacles might also a good opportunity for implementing more class-specific non-combat solution, preferably this time not leaving Mercs without any.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Fair enough, I did let Bimbo Penny bleed into my memories of Cumslut Penny so she's not as bad per se, but Regular Penny and the others I mentioned are still options I feel would be better to have priority for crew inclusion.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
She's pretty easy. Just raise up her self-confidence and shit. If you get her to think of herself as a sexy appliance though, Big T would stop you from taking her. Would probably get a few upgrade options for follower version. Maybe even Dr. Badger upgrades that let her throat secrete throbb to make every dick she sucks bigger...

Okay that might be a bad idea, but she's pretty simple. No big quest needed.
:gizz: Well, she could always have the option to turn that off.
Someone would need to write stuff for it.
Oh really~? Hmm.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Actualy at times like that it reminds me of this gdoc that Savin linking sometimes that shows spreed on how npc's divide into diff genders thus showing that herms and shemales aren't in such majority.

Reactions: Brock

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Actualy at times like that it reminds me of this gdoc that Savin linking sometimes that shows spreed on how npc's divide into diff genders thus showing that herms and shemales aren't in such majority.
I'm aware of it, but that's what the joke is about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Brock

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'm sure if you would do like this:

@Savin do you still have this link to gdoc with line up of all npc's divided in gender groups somewhere?

then it's 99,9% chance of success.