Back to the game, Spellblade or mage? Or charmer?

Aleister_BLDR

Mar 12, 2020
So I haven't played in quite a while and there are plenty of new stuff now.

But I can't help but wonder what build I should do

Previosult I've played full mage and while functional it was a little boring and the best spells takes some time to recharge so boss fights aren't funny if I don't kill them immediately

After that I played a spellblade, charge weapon, cleave and power wave, it was quite good as it always has some power to spam, also made a variant with the magical javelin with thrown property, sure shot and power wave.

Also charmer, I wonder if it works? Back then, tease builds didn't fare too well

So... Anything new for those builds? Any new weapon or spells? For once I read that is now possible to fix the captain greatsword, that sounds awesome

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Songstress blade is pretty good for crit builds. Crown of winter is a good item that comes with dawnbreak which is a good encounter spell. I swear by Flames Within which is another encounter spell. Level 7 perks are now a thing.

Reactions: Aleister_BLDR

Aleister_BLDR

Mar 12, 2020
So far I'm a black mage, I'm using a flaming dagger and a noble harp, witch set, 2 wizard rings, charge weapon, grease, fireball and smite evil

Will upgrade to a better catalyst weapon or a big one, whichever hits harder

I also need power wave as a reliable recharge spell, BTW, do power wave gets boosted by charge weapon?

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Hijicking this thread a bit because I also came back after a long break; Is there any content in particular that I, as a non-backer, should pay particular attention to? Without spoiling me on everything can we remove Ryn's cage finally?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Is there any content in particular that I, as a non-backer, should pay particular attention to? Without spoiling me on everything can we remove Ryn's cage finally?
That's been in the public builds for five months now, via the conclusion of Demon of Ice. The alternate uncaging route with Lumia is still unimplemented. Other new things in that same time period include Level 7 and a whole bunch of new rebalancing tweaks, a new druid-focused dungeon (with a gear set for Ryn), new sets for Cait and Azzy, the completion of Jael'yn's sword quest, some new/expanded pregnancy content for various characters (Birb Daughter is precious) and we're in the middle of the massive Brihaus expansion right now.

If you want to read the summary of everything new, try here.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There's a whole bunch in the Demon of Ice quest, mostly (but not entirely) Weapon-tagged with Spellpower scaling for your spellblade needs or for a more offensive mage.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
That's been in the public builds for five months now, via the conclusion of Demon of Ice. The alternate uncaging route with Lumia is still unimplemented. Other new things in that same time period include Level 7 and a whole bunch of new rebalancing tweaks, a new druid-focused dungeon (with a gear set for Ryn), new sets for Cait and Azzy, the completion of Jael'yn's sword quest, some new/expanded pregnancy content for various characters (Birb Daughter is precious) and we're in the middle of the massive Brihaus expansion right now.

If you want to read the summary of everything new, try here.
Thanks!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Only by walking the chaste path will you find fulfillment.
The rp forum's over thataway bro. Otherwise knock it off.

Reactions: Cannibal Cravings

Verro

Jul 4, 2023
Tease builds are fine. Resolve isn't a thing anymore, so you aren't splitting damage in two different directions now. Cait has a tease outfit now. So you can have an all tease party fairly quick by picking up Quin and switching Cait's outfit. There's not a robust amount of gear for it. But what's there is fine. Anything lust immune will be a hard wall. Although those things don't pop up too much. Past those types, enemies won't last very long against you.

Charmer also has decent spells. So you have other options if you don't want to go full tease. With the level 7 ability that can allow your tease attack to deal 40% of it's damage to all enemies. You can cover a little bit of everything by yourself. Healing with your at-will, damage with your spells, and a mini aoe tease.