Azyrran Thoughts?

tmax

May 20, 2021
Does anyone else not really enjoy Azzyrran anymore? So, with the recent patch news for 4.3, a new CG got added for Azzy with Liaden and I'm feeling a little conflicted... Azzy was probably one of my favorite OG characters in the game other than Brienne. Mainly because it felt like a relationship was developing and at a pretty solid pace throughout the content being added, much of it was pretty wholesome and endearing along with the more lewd stuff inside the actual hive itself.

Now though, I kinda feel... like I got NTRd or something here, in the first place this game very obviously is for a lot of different people, sexualities, fetishes, etc. Frankly, it's been great to see the different kinds of relationships and the aspects and opened my eyes in some ways. Now I don't wanna just seem like I'm bitching across the board or anything because I don't think it really adds anything to a game I really like, I just wanna get it off my chest and maybe offer some constructive criticism or ideas to the pool as well.

Azzy once you go through the whole sequence of saving the hive is pretty hot and heavy about Liaden, and you can say "nope" to the option, but it's going to just keep recurring until you cave in or just be persistent. What's bothering me truly is that it's not really discussed between your character and Azzy, it just.. kinda happens right? With Azzy it's just not really discussed beyond assisting her for a flirt and now she and Liaden seem to kinda be an item while your character is brushed off to the side.

Point blank when you ask Cait to bone it's like, "Hey I get it you want the sex thing, even I want the sex thing, but monogamy is not really my thing because of my religion and how I was raised to be" and you've got ground rules setup right? This really is great because it makes Cait to me feel like she's a wingman who doesn't mind getting her hands (and tail) dirty in the moment(s).

Liaden herself also doesn't really have any involvement with your character either (and this game obviously is a work in progress so maybe it's in the queue) but, on top of seemingly moving in and doing the deed with Azzy, it's hard to really get a bead on the relationship because it feels like Azzy is having a double relationship without anyone really clearing the boundaries and the air about the situation. Azzy is definitely indebted to BOTH the Champion and Liaden, and I can understand why she would feel the way she does about either, but I feel like an important step got skipped over where they sit down and discuss, even if it's just a brief blurb in the dialogue about the parameters of the relationship.

I think generally with most characters it's just thrown out there or implied well enough within the text about their preferences and what not so you can take it or leave it whether you want to mess with them or not. With Azzy it's only really hashed in about halfway through her current content and seems to be moving in the direction with Liaden being a persistent element to her character instead of a one-off thing.

Now to some ideas here (because I don't want to just seem like I'm ranting even though I totally am about fictional relationships and characters)

1. I feel like the biggest thing in the game, if you decline to help Azzy flirt, then that should just be the end of it, and possibly, not move any more of the content with Liaden forward. I mentioned it above, but you just keep getting the option over and over again and it should be pretty clear that if the champion is not going to help her flirt that (s)he's uncomfortable with doing so and doesn't want to progress that route.

2. There's some sort of clarity to the relationship itself, an intervention? I don't know if that's really the right thing to have to do here, NTRd probably is an extreme approximation because there's not really a clear exclusivity established in the first place with Azzy, but also, it sorta felt like a bait and switch I guess? You have a pretty solid solo relationship going forward with her for half the time and then Liaden is introduced and you're now in an open relationship all of a sudden without much thought or action.

That's pretty much the end of my thoughts though, and I'd like to make some stipulations as well, first and foremost, the game is a work in progress. I feel like this way NOW because like aforementioned, Liaden doesn't have any content at all solo with the character, and I think that's what makes this the most off-putting to me along with the non-consent/switch-up going into the relationship with the character. This is subject to change in the future but as of now, I think I'm just going to leave Azzy and the hive alone. Second, I love you writers, artists, and coders for the game. In no way am I simply trying to put you down or be belligerent about how YOU as the creators are making your content or where you want to go with it. It's well within your rights to do whatever you please with the character(s) and how they play, I just really wanted to scream into the internet void and maybe be heard. Take it all with the smallest grain of salt you can find.

TLDR; I don't enjoy where Azzy's relationship has gone and feel it could use some tweaking (no lewd intended) to make it feel better overall

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
I have the same feeling about this content, maybe I let my romantic side take over once again. For me their relationship was something very sudden, and I admit I don't like how it started, and it's the main reason I don't help azzy with her relationship.

tmax

May 20, 2021
I have the same feeling about this content, maybe I let my romantic side take over once again. For me their relationship was something very sudden, and I admit I don't like how it started, and it's the main reason I don't help azzy with her relationship.
I mean and I saw the update last night and was like... "Fuck, I guess we're chasing this thread down more" I actually had to run through the hive quest really quickly just to even GET the CG which just seemed to in the dialogue reinforces that there's some kind of romantic development between Azzy and Liaden. I only really did it too because I assumed it was like, hey they're letting you into the group, and maybe there's a three-way relationship here... nope you're pretty much just ushered out the door, and given some pity sex with Cait.

In general this game there's obviously a lot of cavorting around and fucking... that's kind of the point, but because of that there ends up being this relationship imbalance where I can respect that the characters are obviously going to fuck other people, BUT that being said those cards kinda need to be on the table beforehand. It was really hard to write my TED Talk above without feeling like an absolute hypocrite or a whiner, and in some ways it definitely still is, but I kinda just wanted to call it out cause how it's going is pretty much just how I feel.

There's really only like, a handful of characters that you could say are monogamous in overall aesthetic (some could quote, others not as much).

1. Brienne for sure, she outright says it's fine for you to fuck around if you like but it's not her thing
2. Kiyoko you quite literally marry (optional) and have a child with (a literal FUCK ton if you want her to have 9 tails), probably top dog honestly for me in terms of content and relationship. (Observer Bless you)
3. I'd include Ragnild from the Orc side, she's the only one who's purported to be "different" than the other orcs and going as far as to avoid the men during the white season
4. Ahmri/Atani, I'd say they're this camp as well, although there's a pretty limited amount of content that's been placed until just recently for the Marefolk/Centaurs in the southern region.
5. Etheryn, the elf definitely is not a sexual deviant and looking for love everywhere, actually probably one of my favorites romances/scenes to follow through as a whole due to the focus on her character, upbringing, and evolution into a leader of her people
6. Zo, maybe? She's kind of a monk/recluse though and also can't speak literally so hard to say she wouldn't be down or not with other people in a relationship

I WOULD have considered having Azzy as a part of the grouping but that would only have been BEFORE the Hive questline was implemented along with her recruitment. nothing wrong with the romance aspect of the relationships being top, because it's present in ALL of them, but the boundaries that get established is important, otherwise, you end up getting the wrong impressions, and like me and my 1000 word essay above about Azyrran and Liaden.

Reactions: Aurore

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
i'm also holding back not to look whiny haha, but actually i just wanted to have a monogamous relationship with azzy, and kick liaden away :v

Reactions: Emerald and tmax

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Now though, I kinda feel... like I got NTRd or something here
You... realize this only happens if you affirmatively set the two of them up, right?

Having a "No, forever" option on their flirt is definitely a thing we can talk about adding tho.

tmax

May 20, 2021
You... realize this only happens if you affirmatively set the two of them up, right?

Having a "No, forever" option on their flirt is definitely a thing we can talk about adding tho.
I assumed as much yes, my gripe being that it's a constant. So, there's not like, "Hey Azzy I thought we had something going here, I'd rather not be the person who has to walk you into a relationship with someone else cause I'm not cool with that"

NTRd is not really the right phrase, should've just walked that back on the original post cause by definition it's not REALLY for a number of reasons. I think the way it feels is more bait and switch, Azzy's writing from early on and up until even the return TO the Hive (with the kiss/flowers scene) feels very personal and involved with her alone as she doesn't have options with other companions or seem to express interest other partners. Then Liaden shows up and all bets are off, which in context, makes a certain amount of sense as she cleanses Azzy's home from the corruption, but in an imbalanced way? Up until the point, the champion does the heavy lifting getting to know Azzy, developing a relationship to where she trusts you enough to involve you, and then fighting and tearing through the Hive to try and free her sisters (and brother). All Liaden really does is have the magic at her disposal to do the cleansing and that's it... then you get pestered nonstop for them to be allowed to fuck.

There's also the fact Liaden as a character is not fleshed out, and I'm assuming she does have some content in the works (god only knows when since MSQ is being worked on) whether that be for females only or otherwise, but I think she's the crux of the issue in the current state with connection to Azyrran's plotline as well as some of the implications of the early writing. I honestly wouldn't even have a problem with a three-way relationship WITH the two of them either, but the way it sits right now there's not any way to set that up properly. I'm not sure what her confirmed sexuality is, there's not a lot of lockout for male/female tbh in this game which is great, but Liaden kinda gives me that vibe as I play mostly male characters as preference.

I know it was a huge wall of text, and I really wanted to try and make it as level-headed and constructive as possible, I'm sure it mostly came off as hypocritical or whiny in the context of what this game actually is (mostly debauchery and cavorting around Savarra banging as many men/women as you can). Thanks for taking the time to read Savin, and once again, not trying to put writers down or artists or otherwise. I love the game and just wanted to put my two cents in, they may not be worth shit but I felt like putting it out there you know?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I really wanted to try and make it as level-headed and constructive as possible
No problemo. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

I've asked Skow to write out a bit for talking with Azzy about relationship stuff and when that gets added in there'll also be a "No, forever" option on their flirt so you can just nope out of that.

As for Liaden herself -- she's always meant to be more of a background character compared to her pops and (potential) paramour, but she absolutely has more content planned. Having Lia tag along on certain future quests pertaining to Lumia or to Sanders' history has been something we've discussed quite a few times. As you surmised, though, building out the MSQ and major areas is our current focus and will be for some time.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
While a no forever option never hurts, the player can sleep around with whoever and polyamory seems to be a big thing in the frost marches. Unless you've decided to exclusively sex Azzy, why have a problem with her wanting Liaden? Personally I think their relationship is wholesome af and don't really like the idea of making everyone an off limits harem. But that's just my perspective on it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome!

What about just criticism in the form of obnoxious whining about unreasonable things? Because I am great at that.

Though more seriously, I am a sucker for characters discussing their relationships. So I anticipate the Azzy discussioning.

Shadow Dancer

Mar 28, 2020
I personally wouldn't have had a problem with this relationship if the PC could have a relationship with Liaden too regardless of gender.

Reactions: dswolf

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I personally wouldn't have had a problem with this relationship if the PC could have a relationship with Liaden too regardless of gender.
That'd kind of defeat the purpose of her being a lesbian at all, but a detailed bro-ship would be FANTASTIC. Lots of people to fuck in this game but only a few feel like friends, and none have non-sexual friendship activities yet.

tmax

May 20, 2021
While a no forever option never hurts, the player can sleep around with whoever and polyamory seems to be a big thing in the frost marches. Unless you've decided to exclusively sex Azzy, why have a problem with her wanting Liaden? Personally I think their relationship is wholesome af and don't really like the idea of making everyone an off limits harem. But that's just my perspective on it.

What about just criticism in the form of obnoxious whining about unreasonable things? Because I am great at that.

Though more seriously, I am a sucker for characters discussing their relationships. So I anticipate the Azzy discussioning.
Ya no definitely, it was really tough to really even broach the subject BECAUSE there's so much Poly in the Marches in general, you really almost can't even have a discussion about it too much because you're a hypocrite otherwise. I don't have a problem with it as a whole, just more the way Azyrran was originally introduced and then later presented WITH Liaden tacked into the mix without much context and supportive narrative. Which I think is more so a bandwidth issue maybe as opposed to a writing or narrative problem? That's why I wanted to try to explain how the character and writing were presented and try to offer something up as an option versus just bitching about it on the forums.

I actually enjoy being pretty dedicated to specific characters on specific builds, on my Warrior characters it's usually Brienne because she's 100% wife material, but Azyrran also has a really nice knight/warrior aesthetic that matches very well. And then I have like a charmer/courtesan that's basically on a path of sexual destruction with Cait to lay the masses and preach the faith of Mallach lol

Savin and team are obviously working really hard on moving the MSQ forward so things like this have to be hashed out kind of as they come and that's cool, I just wanted to put it out there and try really hard to not seem like an asshole about it (hopefully I succeeded?)

tmax

May 20, 2021
That'd kind of defeat the purpose of her being a lesbian at all, but a detailed bro-ship would be FANTASTIC. Lots of people to fuck in this game but only a few feel like friends, and none have non-sexual friendship activities yet.
I haven't really been able to confirm if she's lesbian only tbh, you CAN have sex with her (Liaden) I think if you corrupt her in the Hive, but I think that's only because she's tainted and horny out of her mind. She seems to be lesbian but I'm not sure if she outright says it in the dialogue or just implies it. She says something along the lines of not wanting to slobber over your dick like everyone else, but I don't know if that should be interpreted specifically to mean she doesn't like a dick or if she's just not an easy lay.

and agreed, I have 0 problems with it, just that there's no involvement between her and the MC, so you kinda feel like the dude(or chick) in the middle of the relationship between Azyrran and Liaden, and maybe Azyrran would be happier WITH her? but it's hard to know. The more I've seen replies and with some of the contexts throughout I think it's more a product of WIP development with timelines for what Savin and the team are currently focusing on.

NOTAVPfan

Jul 11, 2018
Let me preface this by stating that I am a hypocritical with my feelings on relationships in smut games. I am fine with a really good romance between a PC and a singular NPC, but I prefer essentially creating harems (that don't sleep with each other when PC isn't around). I love the design of Anno from Tits and Cait from Coc2, but I hate having the fictional npc love interests essentially cuckolding me. I love that Cait laid out boundaries before I made a mistake and hooked up with her, yet with Anno it was a shock to go into a bar and she's flaunting some man feeling her up in front of the pc. Unfortunately this game has a large amount of unavoidable content where love interests/companions have scenes tacked on that are unavoidable. I.E. if you reject Cait, you still see her shagging a defeated enemy or other companion sometimes in completely different character's love scenes (which are unavoidable as I always have her in the party due to her being only healer) or with Brint fucking the Sleeping Snake after you and you have no say in this. These small scenes are alone inconsequential, but as a whole detract, imo, from the game as someone who plays as a character that prefers monogamous partners. Sorry for the rant, and everyone has different tastes, but it would be great to have a clear, upfront warning on any character (major or minor) that sleeps around, and have options on companions for preventing that if possible (I usually don't even like threesomes, I know I'm weird about this but...shrugs)
4. Ahmri/Atani, I'd say they're this camp as well, although there's a pretty limited amount of content that's been placed until just recently for the Marefolk/Centaurs in the southern region.
5. Etheryn, the elf definitely is not a sexual deviant and looking for love everywhere, actually probably one of my favorites romances/scenes to follow through as a whole due to the focus on her character, upbringing, and evolution into a leader of her people
When you go to marry Ahmri, her father stated that she was going to take lovers when you aren't around. This was after you propose to her and are about to be married. This really sucked for me as I saved the game during the preparations and had to create a new character and delete my first Coc2 character as there was no way to stop the wedding, and Ahmri is portrayed and acts as a virgin, pure character before the marriage. No warning, nothing, just your future bride's father saying that your wife is going to sleep around. Cait states somewhere in the game that marriage is usually not monogamous in the many cultures of Frost Marche, but as someone not from there (both player character and RL), then its different than what is expected. If I marry/get into a romantic relationship with an NPC, even if I sleep around (preferably with spoken consent from the partner), I expect for the NPC to not sleep around. Also Etheryn, as well as other companions can be raped in defeat scenes, so you are forced to save scum...
TLDR = The poor feelings of some random internet denizen (me) was hurt because fake characters from a free smut game sleep around. Plz add warnings to them and ability to turn off essentially N.T.R. scenes. Sorry for the huge rant, and I meant no disrespect/offence. P.S. I love this game that's why I am so invested in the parts I dislike.

Last edited:

Magnin

Jul 17, 2020
A "No Forever" option would be nice.
I don't really have any interest in Liaden beyond her relationship to Sanders, so severing her from Azyrran is good.

Lone Wolf115

From my perspective and way of thinking some people seem to somewhat dislike Azzy for some reason or another.

my main issue with companion azzy is that she doesn't have much of a story to tell or motivation to adventure with us. like outside of getting a gf she doesn't have any goals. her personality is also almost as bland as our blob pc's so shes a bit of snore.
Why does she need a reason? For me her reason is payback on Kas and helping others from falling to the corruption and for her personality she's a sweet woman who is just shy in her own way.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
My thoughts on Azzy are:

Y'all are very opinionated on not letting a sweetie beegirl finding love and that the toned tanned plump buzz is also allowed to be poly.
It's not like she won't mess around with you if you hook her and Liaden up...

Lone Wolf115

My thoughts on Azzy are:

Y'all are very opinionated on not letting a sweetie beegirl finding love and that the toned tanned plump buzz is also allowed to be poly.
Yeah she's such a nice person that would be nice to talk to about anything.
I like her no matter what anyone says and I agree with @Stupid_Goo.

Reactions: Animefan666

tmax

May 20, 2021
My thoughts on Azzy are:

Nah it’s not really that for me (maybe for some), it was about the presentation of her character in the beginning up until now. It was kinda jarring for me to go from a semi-exclusive relationship (and hey maybe I’m reading too much into the dialogue and interpreting wrong) to now I get hounded to pursue AND setup Azyrran with a relationship of which I have no part of.

I don’t wanna beat the centaur any more dead than he already is on this thread because I’ve already written a sermon, but I personally like Azzy on a more solo note as opposed to having Liaden involved in her current state.

If in the future you have a closer relationship with the BOTH of them, it’s a lot more acceptable to me than in its current state. Or at another suggestion would be if you DONT pursue any romantic involvement with Azzy prior to the hive quest (dueling only, not flirts) then maybe she would choose Liaden as a partner without you having to set it up.

Shit I dunno, maybe that’s getting to crazy since we’ve already got a backlog for Savin and Co to get the MSQ rolling again lol

I don’t know, but clearly if I didn’t give a damn about her I’d not have typed this much today about it haha.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I don’t wanna beat the centaur any more dead than he already is

Don't worry, he'll come back anyway regardless how much and in what way he's beaten.

How else will get the Hirrud Grune seal of approval? Cait is pretty open about not wanting to be exclusive and Azzy can also milk and be milked by Brienne, Queen of Moo. Azzy can seduce whoever she wants as long as her partner is wholesome. And Liaden, so far, is wholesome.

Magnin

Jul 17, 2020
My thoughts on Azzy are:

Ehhhhhhhhh. If I don’t have to share then I won’t. Especially if I barely care about the other character.
Kiyoko comes chained to Kinu. Brienne requires sacrificing Brint. Azzyran is comparatively unburdened.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I feel like some people would find it more acceptable if Azzy and Liaden just became a thing on their own, rather than needing the pc to okay it. If it just happens, then people are like "neat," because the world does not revolve solely around the player. What the choice does is make it center around what the player wants, not what the characters want. It puts it all in the hands of the player, while also constantly telling the player "rethink your choice" until they say yes. Without a "no forever" button, it's almost a false choice, between either saying yes or being hounded forever for your choice until you change it.

I personally support the pair, and pretty much always say yes, but I understand how annoying it may be for those who do not wish to act here. Cait's polyamory happens whether you want it or not. She is her own character, and you are not the center of her universe, even if she is loving and becomes romantically involved with the player. If Azzy wants Liaden, then she should just go and try, not constantly ask about it.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Kiyoko comes chained to Kinu.
I don't see an option to even attempt Kinu for a reason.
Azzy wants Liaden, then she should just go and try, not constantly ask about it.
And this is why I agree with an option to tell her to stop asking you to help her get with Liaden.
Note I never said I disagreed with any of you, just that she's her own person, as stated many a time, and should be able to get with who she wants - just don't keep throwing it in my face if I ever decide on a PC that doesn't wanna share.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Is it even possible to be in an inclusive (? Wrong word maybe.. monogamous) relationship with any of the characters?

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Is it even possible to be in an inclusive (? Wrong word maybe.. monogamous) relationship with any of the characters?
Correct word is Exclusive, imo.

Kiyoko will be forever monogamous to you, but accepts poly as it is (you are the royal husband, and may take as many consorts as you wish, so long as your return and give her more babies. Always more babies). She'll willingly participate in select few threesomes and moresomes, in Floof content.

I havent (yet) married the second actual wife in the game (the snuggliest centaur ever), so I cant yet comment on her.

Gwyn is content to only be with you, but doesnt mins you making kids with the literal rest of the world.

Brienne (not brint) feels SIGNIFICANTLY more monogamous than her other self, seemingly only coming to you for sex. Azzy will make passes at her, too, however.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
I havent (yet) married the second actual wife in the game (the snuggliest centaur ever), so I cant yet comment on her.

Ahmri is monogamous in your marriage, but Atani was wifeable before her and is also monogamous (and also loves cuddling). Atani is very down with watching/listening to you getting fucked by Edessari and Wredi, though.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
It's pretty easy for Champ and Ryn to only ever fuck each other.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I absolutely adore Azzy/Lia as a couple and am perfectly happy to set the two of them up and let them be a cute couple together without having to be a third wheel. Getting new content with them as a couple is nice and I'd love more little vignettes where you can see them being sweet together if you've helped set them up, as random Frost Hound interactions or when using Explore in town.
Having Lia tag along on certain future quests pertaining to Lumia or to Sanders' history has been something we've discussed quite a few times.
Oooh, fingers crossed that (one day) the stars are right for this to happen.
She (and Atani) are both accepting of the fact that the Champion won't necessarily be exclusive with them, and as mentioned Atani is perfectly fine with the Champ having sex with her guards, her mom or all three at once. As long as you have something special with her, that's enough.

Incidentally this is pretty much how Cait sees the Champion as well. She's never going to be exclusive because that's kind of her whole religion, but she'll still think of the Champ differently from other people. Now if only there was a way to eventually have one of those 'slut weddings' that Amina mentions, with Cait...
It's pretty easy for Champ and Ryn to only ever fuck each other.
And yeah, this. Ryn actually is exclusive in that she won't have sex with anyone but the Champion unless you do something about it. Not that I have a Champion who's strictly Rynsexual or anything... xD

Reactions: Lone Wolf115